Singapore Expats

Best Advice by queenie - I am just helping ;)

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Guest2607

Post by Guest2607 » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 3:12 am

Hi pple,

Can anyone enlightens me about the dress code for the SIA walk-in interview? Do we need to wear formal wear as in office clothings or do we only need to wear jeans and shirts? and how about footwear, must we wear heels or covered court shoes etc etc?? HElp.....

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 3:35 am

Guest2607 wrote:Hi pple,

Can anyone enlightens me about the dress code for the SIA walk-in interview? Do we need to wear formal wear as in office clothings or do we only need to wear jeans and shirts? and how about footwear, must we wear heels or covered court shoes etc etc?? HElp.....

Wrong thread: SIA cabin crew thread is the one you need. :roll:

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 1:58 pm

Plavt wrote:
Guest2607 wrote:Hi pple,

Wrong thread: SIA cabin crew thread is the one you need. :roll:
Exactly! Furthermore, this question has been asked a million times. Another one who hadn't bother to read.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 2:03 pm

Hi Guest 2607,
Just wear shorts and come in slipper. Anything that you feel comfortable in...
:lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

Just another question which was already being asked many times. Plus it's a logically question, anyone should know what to wear during any interview.

Guest2607

Post by Guest2607 » Sat, 23 Feb 2008 12:13 am

Thanks for all ya reply.. im kinda new to this forum.. so havnt really got time to read everything.. my fren jus introduce that this is a very useful forum jus yesterday.. so sorry for being kinda blurr... hehe .. anw I asked one of e cabin crew who came down to my sch for a recruitment talk.. and she said we shld wear a formal wear.. jeans not recommended..

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Sat, 23 Feb 2008 12:25 am

and she said we shld wear a formal wear.. jeans not recommended..[/quote]

my dear guest2607, if thats the case, then y did u asked about what to wear in the 1st place? since u already knew that jeans not recommended?
but anyway, if u reli wana know about what to expect for the interview, do read the SIA cabin crew thread..n maybe u can start reading up from page 900++ onwards. good luck!

Guest2607

Post by Guest2607 » Sat, 23 Feb 2008 10:28 pm

Hi caryssa..

Yupz i've forgotten to mention that the recruitment talk was jus yesterday.. so the information I've got from the senior cabin crew was before i post the qn on this thread.. :lol: Anyway, I've start reading the post on the SIA cabin crew and found it to be really useful! Thanx u all for being so generous in taking the time to share your experiences.. Newbie like myself sincerely appreciate the effort.. I have spread words to my frens and they are all really excited to know this airline forum's existence! Cheers to everyone!!

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Sat, 23 Feb 2008 11:25 pm

Guest2607 wrote:Hi caryssa..

Yupz i've forgotten to mention that the recruitment talk was jus yesterday.. so the information I've got from the senior cabin crew was before i post the qn on this thread..
I don't know about others. I seriously think that it's logical that you have to wear formal office suits for any interview.
Imagine wearing jeans and top - maybe blouse, to go for an interview?
What exactly are they teaching in school these days? :roll:

ilya

Post by ilya » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 12:21 am

hihi i tried the yogurt and lemon but the only thing is that somehow my face started feeling oily. any remedy for that?

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 2:11 am

ilya wrote:hihi i tried the yogurt and lemon but the only thing is that somehow my face started feeling oily. any remedy for that?
yogurt and lemon remedy - do you really have pimples?
only use this remedy, if you really have break outs and pimples.
And did you checked the yogurt you use? Plain yogurt - no favour. :wink:
If it's only 1 or 2 pimples, try this instead:
rub cucumber peel ( wet side up) and leave on overnight.

for oily skin, you might want to try:
Mix 2 egg whites with a few drops of lemon juice.
Apply on face and leave on for 5-7 minutes, then rinse with hands.
or
just simply use cucumber and lemon, blend it together than apply.

ilya

Post by ilya » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 9:24 pm

queenie-me wrote:
ilya wrote:hihi i tried the yogurt and lemon but the only thing is that somehow my face started feeling oily. any remedy for that?
yogurt and lemon remedy - do you really have pimples?
only use this remedy, if you really have break outs and pimples.
And did you checked the yogurt you use? Plain yogurt - no favour. :wink:
If it's only 1 or 2 pimples, try this instead:
rub cucumber peel ( wet side up) and leave on overnight.

for oily skin, you might want to try:
Mix 2 egg whites with a few drops of lemon juice.
Apply on face and leave on for 5-7 minutes, then rinse with hands.
or
just simply use cucumber and lemon, blend it together than apply.
yep i do have pimples. its like time of the month and always outbreak and yeap its plain yogurt but somehow i think my face weirdy.. it feels oily. today i'm gonna try the eggwhite thing and see how heheehe

thanks for the tips.

btw i guess that means i cannot use the yogurt and lemon as moisturizer then. >.<

shiniestar

Post by shiniestar » Sat, 01 Mar 2008 12:27 am

queenie, i was wondering if we have to do it every day or alternate days to see the results for removing pimples and scars?

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Sat, 01 Mar 2008 1:08 am

shiniestar wrote:queenie, i was wondering if we have to do it every day or alternate days to see the results for removing pimples and scars?
Depends on the condition of your skin. But for scars over the lemon: you can do it everyday to see good results.

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Sat, 01 Mar 2008 3:41 pm

Queenie is back.
This time the topic is about height requirements.

Some of us are made tall, and some are made short. Others -Like me- are made just moderate. During airline interview, the most important part is the height. And many don't make it because of the either reach test or height measurement. I know sometimes, it's sad. Even thou, you begged for a chance - you wouldn't get it.
Basically, it's because : It's for safety purposes. You don't expect yourself, to ask a passenger to help you to get a safety equipment for you, right?

In life, you have to face the facts. By facing your own facts, you will be able to face other facts that might affect you in the future. For an example: If you are short, admit yourself that you are. And if you are looking for a cabin crew job, admit to yourself that you can't make.

No point asking people how to make yourself grow taller or how to bun your hair so that you stand a chance. :roll:
But if you insist on how to grow taller, you can actually go for a surgery to extend your legs from your knees. And the result might affect your living conditions. Which means: you might have weaker legs. Chances that you might not be able to fly too. Why take the risk? Be grateful with what you have. Tell yourself, maybe this is job is not for you.

Okie, someone in this forum ask on how to tie her hair so that she will look taller. She was disqualified by 5mm. - I can dare to tell you just stand extremely straight. Keep your legs together. Stand tall. Even thou, you tie your bun high up. They will still measure your height from your head, not from the tip of your hair. So babe, TRY AGAIN. But this time, stand straight and tall. Look forward, Take a deep breath and smile. :D

And during the interview. I know that some of you are puzzled on how to tip-toe etc. Well... all I can say that they don't expect you to tip-toe like a ballerina. This is an example for all:

If there's any questions: You can private message me! Or just post it here.

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Tue, 04 Mar 2008 9:20 pm

A lot of people have been thinking what a glamorous job being a cabin crew is. Well, glamour is not everything. There are a lot of behind the scenes suffering we had to hold in our heart.

Here's something I've found on the internet that some of you might have came across before. (See even when I'm busy and tired working, I still have the time to research. How come some people can't do this?)

So you want to be a flight attendant?

Go to a resale store and find an old, navy suit that an army sergeant might have worn. Add a white shirt and a tie. Wear that same outfit for three consecutive days.

Go to an airport and watch airplanes take off for several hours. Pretend you are standing by for them and they are all full. Go home. Return to the airport the very next day and do the same thing again.

Fill several large boxes with rocks. Lift them over your head and place them on the top shelf of a closet. Slam the door shut until the boxes fit. Do this until you feel a disc slip in your back.

Turn on a radio. Be sure to set it between stations so there is plenty of static. Turn on the vacuum cleaner and garbage disposal. Run them all night.

Remove the covers from several T.V entrees. Place them in a hot oven. Leave the food in the oven until it's completely dried out. Remove the hot trays with your bare hands. Serve to your family. Don't include anything for yourself. Serve your family a beverage one hour after they've received their meal. Make them remain in their seats during this time.

Ask them to scream at you and complain about the service. Scrounge uneaten rolls off the plates for you to eat 6 hours later when you're really hungry. Place a straight-backed chair in a closet facing a blank wall. Use a belt to strap yourself into it. Eat the rolls you saved from your family's meal.

Ask your family to use the bathroom as frequently as possible. Tell them to remove their shoes and socks before entering, and see who can make the most disgusting mess. Clean the bathroom every hour throughout the night.

Make a narrow aisle between several dining room chairs and randomly scatter your husband's runners and loafers along the way. Turn off the lights and spend the night walking up and down the aisle while banging your shins against the chair legs and tripping over the shoes. Drink several cups of cold coffee to keep yourself awake.

Gently wake your family in the morning and serve them a muffin in a package. Don't forget to smile and wish them a nice day when they leave for work and school.

After the family leaves, take a suitcase and go out into the yard. If it's not raining, turn on the sprinkler system and stand in the cold for 30 minutes pretending like your waiting for the crew bus to pick you up. Then go inside and wait by your bedroom door for another 30 minutes for an imaginary maid to make up your room.

Change into street clothes and shop for 5 hours. Pick up carry-outfood from a local deli. Go back home. Sit on your bed and eat your meal. Set your alarm clock for 03:00 am so you'll be ready incase you don't get your wake up call. Repeat the above schedule for three days in a row and you'll be ready to work your first international flight.

REASONS NOT TO BE A FLIGHT ATTENDANT!

1. Spend half the year at home bored because all your friends are at work, it's a weekday!

2. Experience the dread of being stuck in the airport waiting to get on a flight with a standby ticket. Your family/friends/random people you met in the street will harass you to book them cheap tickets for their holidays.

3.Get a lucrative benefits package including healthcare and life insurance (for the severe damage that pressure chang/atmospheric radiation does to your body), employee stock options (your companys way of saying "we go down ur coming with us").

4. Enjoy the unmatched variety of being on standby and not knowing where your going to be going tomorrow at 6am.

5.Get use to maximum flexibility - You're never going to get another weekend off with the rest of the world.

6. Meet some real stuk up assholes, including many celebrities.

7. See the world then get terribly blaze about it i.e. "God not a nighstop new york again".

8. Feel more independant, so you aren't scared to shout at crewing when they call you in the middle of the night.

9. Feel more responsible so you dread the thought that if the idiot who's currently waiting for the toilet while we're in turbulence kills him, you need to revive him.

10. Feel a sense of shame and embarrassment when you get to your destination and the groundstaff totally lets you down (especially when theyre not ready for an unacompanied minor or disabled passenger).

11. Your freinds will hate you for making them jealous of all the places you've been and will eventually stop taking your calls. You will end up not having anymore friends.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?