Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
angeljiaying

Post by angeljiaying » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 5:53 pm

superpinkystar wrote:it's kinda drama.

i don't dare to leave my hp around. i will bring it everywhere i go (even the toilet!) just in case it rings! hahah!!

because sheryn was saying they will call, and if we miss their call and call them back. they may not be at their desk as they are always running around.
hey girl when did u go for ur medical? i went it on dis tuesday (26/02) also have not receive any call lo. omg... lol.. n same i bring my hp to the toilet too!! LOL
=D

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

Post by superpinkystar » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 5:55 pm

angeljiaying wrote:
superpinkystar wrote:it's kinda drama.

i don't dare to leave my hp around. i will bring it everywhere i go (even the toilet!) just in case it rings! hahah!!

because sheryn was saying they will call, and if we miss their call and call them back. they may not be at their desk as they are always running around.
hey girl when did u go for ur medical? i went it on dis tuesday (26/02) also have not receive any call lo. omg... lol.. n same i bring my hp to the toilet too!! LOL
babe,
i think i saw you that day during medical.
you were with 2 other girls right?

i was in black skirt, brown top..
looking very super tired and stone.
waiting outside for another future batch mate to finish his check up.
*smile always

angeljiaying

Post by angeljiaying » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 6:06 pm

superpinkystar: erm no leh. i was alone. lol.. mm im wear black spag top and a 3/4 pants. u sure its me? lol.. btw did u give them any date that u can start work? mine i put after 20 march...

anyway i got a call from the clinic ytd morning.. the nurse told me they had forwarded the medical reports to SIA le. she called me because i fax over a report to state that my feet had recovered frm a fracture 2 yrs ago. the previous report i fax over are not applicable so i fax over a new report and it was finally approved by the doc! she assure me that everything is alrite and even apologise to me for not attending to me well.
she really make my day.
=D

Azurite

Post by Azurite » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 6:13 pm

fairlady89 wrote:I went for briefing on Tuesday too! I think Sheryn did mention that those who can start immediately will be called up earlier than those who can't?

Throughout the entire process, from the interviews to the medical report to the results, the waiting has always been the most tormenting part.
I also stated that I need to give one month notice to my current company.
I think they started to call those who are able to start immediately. My friends have to go there March 7 and the training is start 15 of March.

So maybe in our case, they will only call us one month before the next trainng day?Then when is the next training?

angeljiaying

Post by angeljiaying » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 6:15 pm

Azurite: eh next training day eh.. not sure leh lol.. but about the increase in basic and cutting of allowance will the new batch be affected? or its not confirmed yet?
=D

streets
Regular
Regular

Post by streets » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 7:41 pm

my management round was on 22nd feb. went for medical on that day too..i put my availability 17th march. i should receive a call after a week or so from the day i went for medical, right? can't wait to be done with school and start training!

mantaro43

Post by mantaro43 » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 8:43 pm

Azurite wrote:
fairlady89 wrote:I went for briefing on Tuesday too! I think Sheryn did mention that those who can start immediately will be called up earlier than those who can't?

Throughout the entire process, from the interviews to the medical report to the results, the waiting has always been the most tormenting part.
I also stated that I need to give one month notice to my current company.
I think they started to call those who are able to start immediately. My friends have to go there March 7 and the training is start 15 of March.

So maybe in our case, they will only call us one month before the next trainng day?Then when is the next training?

well i also wrote i could have start immediately but so far no one call.....but mine abit diff coz my batch went for the final round on monday then do briefing immediately after that, then go for medical appointment the next day(tuesday).....
anyone from the same batch as me where u did ur briefing before ur medical checkup??

Charms

Post by Charms » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 9:15 pm

Hi, Heard that some of you had to attend a briefing at STC after your medical.. Cos I wasnt told to attend any briefing.. After I cleared my mgmt, the lady just informed me to have my medical done within the next two days..

Any idea why some of us were not told to attend any briefing? :?

streets
Regular
Regular

Post by streets » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 9:32 pm

Charms wrote:Any idea why some of us were not told to attend any briefing? :?
The briefing is just about the contract and bond, how much you have to fork out if you decided to quit within 2 years, your basic pay, training might take up some of the saturdays, etc etc. Plus sign the staff and bank details form. I reckon the lady might have already briefed you girls on these before she handed you the medical form? Cos that was what happened to me.

mantaro43

Post by mantaro43 » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 9:36 pm

Its because i tink there is 2 ways(correct me if i am wrong) ....

1) u done the 4 rds on sunday.....then u are told to go to do the medical checkup before attending the briefing...

2) u did the 2 or 3 rds on sunday.....then u complete the rest of the rounds on another day....if u passed the final round, the briefing(this is when u are being told of ur pay and benefits and also the collecting of documents like passport, bank book, qualification etc) is done on the spot, thats why u are just being told to do the medical checkup without being told to do the briefing like the case in no 1....

i am in the same case as in no 2.....tink u too right?

Charms

Post by Charms » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 9:45 pm

Hey thx mantaro43 and streets :) Yup2 guess that clarified it all.. :) Am still waiting for their call, did my medical on Wed.. And the waiting is simply agonising.. :???: Furthermore, I can only start in May so I guess I'll hafta wait for quite a while before I receive their call..

fairlady89

Post by fairlady89 » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:03 pm

The lady, Sheryn did say they will only call when it is nearer to the day you can start. For mine, i put immediate to 2 days so they called me once my medical test is cleared and i'll be starting training in 2 weeks time.

They do group us into different batches depending on our availability i guess, who can start first will be put into the earlier batch i presume.

My medical was done on Monday but i took another xray for scoliosis so by Wednesday, i received the call. They probably clear the batch who completed all rounds of interview on Sunday first then those who had to go back for the rest of the interviews on other days. Thats my guess.

ronnys

Post by ronnys » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:16 pm

Hey... Anyone starting training on 14 march? =)
Last edited by ronnys on Fri, 29 Feb 2008 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

ms dots

Post by ms dots » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:41 pm

will people fail their medical check up due to under weight?

Simplicious

Post by Simplicious » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:42 pm

Hi, i would like to ask if it's true that only those who had passed medical will receive call from them? What about those who did not make it thru the medical?

Thanks in advance. =)