Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Jang
Regular
Regular

2nd Group Plastic Suegery Trip to BK Clinic in Korea

Post by Jang » Sun, 17 Feb 2008 5:01 pm

Hi All,

After the 1st Group of PS Enhancement trip on last Nov”
Beauty Korea 장
[email protected]

chucklesz

Enquiry more on nose job with Dr Hsu

Post by chucklesz » Tue, 19 Feb 2008 5:51 am

Hi DMN:

:D
Hi ,
I believed you have had your nose job done with Dr Hsu...?
In fact, I am very much interested in getting a nose job , raising my nosebridge cos I have a rather flat small nose.
May I know how much did you spend in all, including the cost of the procedure as well as the accomodation ... in taiwan..?
( I hope you really dunt mind , disclosing .....)
May I know how long period was that... before you are ready to return back home ? Was the scar visible ...?
Well, I would have to apply for vacation leave if I would want to do it... that explain why I am asking..... ( hee Hee ) :wink:

Do you have Dr Hsu 's email address..? Does he / she write in english or chinese ...?
Well, I am just making sure that I am communicating at his / her convenience... and comfort ...

will appreciate if you can share more information with me..
Thanks

DMN wrote:
kalyn wrote:Thanks DMN for sharing the invaluable information! I appreciate it loads loads! It really helped me in making a decision. I know it'll be a little costly to fly over to Korea just for this surgery. But I do not trust any of the surgeons in Sg(I live in Sg) to perform the job after hearing many blotched jobs horror stories.

I've had fillers under my eyes as well, the last was Restylane about half a year ago and it left me with uneven bags. I can totally feel the "substance" protruding out and it made my bags even worse than before. I can tell you, I was devastated. The amount I spent could even pay for the trip to Korea for lower blep and back. Not to mention, the surgeon was supposed to be a top-notch surgeon in Sg. Sometimes, what you see might not be what you get and I've learnt it the hard way.

I've emailed Dr Jung with some questions and also told him that I've had fillers done, he replied saying that surgery with fillers under the eyes is not difficult, but completely remove is hard. I don't know what he means by that. :( DMN, may I know did the fillers that was once in your under eye caused you any additional bags?? Can lower blep remove fillers as well as fats to create a smooth contour? Or will it only remove bags and the uneven fillers will still remain? I'm really afraid of that situation! I can't imagine it either. Please help... I could totally relate to your experiences and you'll do me a great favour if you could share with me.. Thank you so much DMN... :)
Kalyn: I had the same experience. Went to one of the blue-eyed boys of PS in Singapore. Paid top dollar and he knew I was afraid of surgery and therefore recommended fillers. (In order not to miss my biz?) It gave me the additional eye bag too. But again I am not trying to blame any docs. Perhaps I shld hv educated myself more and take time to consider instead of agreeing on the spot for a 'solution' which I thot was fast and easy.

VERY IMPORTANT: you must wait for the fillers effect to go before going for surgery. Some docs may think they are capable of removing all fillers but dun think it is safe to take this risk on a delicate area. I waited 1 year :mad: to get it corrected surgically.

I had 2 types of fillers done before. Restylane and something else - I forgot. Sori.

I wld not go to Dr. Kim of BK. There are a number of bad reviews esp. on his after care.

On total removal of eye bags - I think it has to do with the seriousness of each case. Cos he told me the same thing but the results is much better than he wld commit to. On gd days I hv zero eye bags and on bad days I can see shadows of bags. I am sure some years they will come back cos mine seems be a family thingy. (The pic on below link to Dr. Hsu's site, you can see I had bad days on both days when I took the photos. :P )

good luck!

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Re: cheeks

Post by tanjhj » Wed, 20 Feb 2008 1:44 am

superman0011 wrote:Hey.... im new to this place... I have read some not-so-positive reviews about dr chuang here in this thread... so does anyone actually recommend me to do medpor cheek augmentation over at chuang's? or .. does anyone have a better recommendation?
i am not sure what u mean by bad reviews. u can search the forumer cupidz face photo which dr chuang operated on. i think he did medpor
Golden Rules of PS:
1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need
2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face
3)Work on your confidence 1st

superman0011

Post by superman0011 » Wed, 20 Feb 2008 3:10 pm

tanjhj wrote:
superman0011 wrote:Hey.... im new to this place... I have read some not-so-positive reviews about dr chuang here in this thread... so does anyone actually recommend me to do medpor cheek augmentation over at chuang's? or .. does anyone have a better recommendation?
i am not sure what u mean by bad reviews. u can search the forumer cupidz face photo which dr chuang operated on. i think he did medpor

hey tanjhj .. i tried to search for her name and even go through some pages of each PS thread but still cannot find her post leh =/ .... can help me please ...

thanks !

babyangel
Regular
Regular

Dr Hsu

Post by babyangel » Sun, 24 Feb 2008 4:48 pm

Hi,

Im thinking of visting Dr Hsu in Taiwan maybe in Apr or May.

Does anyone wish to go to him too & perhaps we could go together?

enslavedtobeauty

Post by enslavedtobeauty » Sun, 24 Feb 2008 7:40 pm

Hi Flying mice,

I am really interested in exploring the possibility of having my revisional rhionplasty done with Dr Hsu too! I can't pm you because I lack the requisite rights -( Why don't you PM me with your contact details instead? Thks! :))

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Re: 2nd Group Plastic Suegery Trip to BK Clinic in Korea

Post by jovinliu » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 3:50 pm

Remind the 8 people to bring 3G mobile phones to korea; they are on 3G network. Which hotel you guys stay? Wah $30 per person very cheap leh. MyeongDong area? Heh I'm going over on the 17th March, if not can pop by see how you guys are doing :P

/Jovin

[quote="Jang"]Hi All,

After the 1st Group of PS Enhancement trip on last Nov”
Hmmm... what should I do next? Cheekbone reduction maybe?

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 3:54 pm

One thing i know, is that Dr Chuang's speciality is actually breast augmentation, but of course each person will have their own comments after surgery with the doc. For me, i did my eyelid revision with him, so far i like my eyes, very deep set looking because i told him i want to look non-chinese. Up to you to make your own judgement.

/Jovin
superman0011 wrote:
tanjhj wrote:

hey tanjhj .. i tried to search for her name and even go through some pages of each PS thread but still cannot find her post leh =/ .... can help me please ...

thanks !

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 4:08 pm

By the way for those gals who are going korea, you can consider eyelid tattoo. It's not those traditional type like what your mum or your grandma did (will turn greenish or bluish after a few years), it's actually a new technology and it will be done very close to your eyelid. Alot of korean actresses did it, that is why when they cry until "xi li hua la" in movie and drama, their eyeliner don't smudge. A popular place that did it is Sizuka, which is at MyeongDong. I have their address, but at home. Even japanese fly there to do it. Oh, and also, it won't last permanently; it will start to fade off after around 3 years.

I'm waiting to go korea on business trip in mid March, then i will definitely go and try this eyeliner tattoo. Hence at the moment, i can't comment much on it. I don't think this technology is in Singapore yet.

You can look at this link for some examples of what this "make-art" eyeliner is about: http://tw.f3.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/c26893855?

/Jovin

ohlala_PS
Regular
Regular

Post by ohlala_PS » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 5:16 pm

Superman what's wrong with dr chuang? I havn't look at this forum for a while... I was gonna go to dr chuang for a bio-alkamid and fat grafting to booty.

Does medpor cheek augumentation give you a high cheekbone or something? Do you know anyone who have done it? I've always wanted a high cheekbone it gives more defination to your face.

ohlala_PS
Regular
Regular

Post by ohlala_PS » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 5:31 pm

Jovin, congrat on the eyelid revision! wow you must look very good with very deep set eyes I love asians with that look, look love to know if you have a pic of your eyes...

Could you let me know how exactly he did it to make it deep set? Did he have to make incision and take out some fat and stuff

Yeah I've heard he makes soft boob jobs and with invisible scars. But it's so ex!! Can't remember what exactly it was but it was like so a lot ! Even more than good docs here in North america

jovinliu wrote:One thing i know, is that Dr Chuang's speciality is actually breast augmentation, but of course each person will have their own comments after surgery with the doc. For me, i did my eyelid revision with him, so far i like my eyes, very deep set looking because i told him i want to look non-chinese. Up to you to make your own judgement.

/Jovin
superman0011 wrote:
tanjhj wrote: i am not sure what u mean by bad reviews. u can search the forumer cupidz face photo which dr chuang operated on. i think he did medpor

thanks !
:P :D :D :D :D

superman0011

Post by superman0011 » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:58 pm

ohlala_PS wrote:
Superman what's wrong with dr chuang? I havn't look at this forum for a while... I was gonna go to dr chuang for a bio-alkamid and fat grafting to booty.

Does medpor cheek augumentation give you a high cheekbone or something? Do you know anyone who have done it? I've always wanted a high cheekbone it gives more defination to your face.
I must correct what i said about ' reviews ' . what i actually read and saw is about dr chuang doing many surgeries a day which actually affects his judgment if you are happened to be his last patient.

I am not very sure is this how other " good " plastic surgeons practise, but i just felt slightly uncomfortable with that. especially when it comes to cheek augmentation which you really really dont wanna screw up =X haha

no offense to dr chuang really .... its purely my point of view ... but hey i might be wrong anyway ^^

P.S someone link me to cupidz profile kindly if you know his/her full nick ! thanks

siyun84

Help?

Post by siyun84 » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 12:52 am

Hi all,

im interested in double lid surgery...will b going to Golden Sultan Clinic which is located at sultan plaza next mth.
Doc name is Victor kk lim.
Had been planning for this surgery for a long long time. But.. bit nervous.
Anyone did with him before? Pls do share ur experiences n pics if possible???

Lots thanks :D

Jang
Regular
Regular

Post by Jang » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 3:51 am

Hi jovinliu,

Thanks for your info.
I'll definitely go and check it out, that shop.
And also happy for you that u love your new eyes, how many months already? did the scar recover well?
You mind sharing the picture? or can e-mail me? [email protected]

So for your this trip to Korea, you will be doing what surgery? NOse or eyelid tattoo?
jovinliu wrote:By the way for those gals who are going korea, you can consider eyelid tattoo. It's not those traditional type like what your mum or your grandma did (will turn greenish or bluish after a few years), it's actually a new technology and it will be done very close to your eyelid. Alot of korean actresses did it, that is why when they cry until "xi li hua la" in movie and drama, their eyeliner don't smudge. A popular place that did it is Sizuka, which is at MyeongDong. I have their address, but at home. Even japanese fly there to do it. Oh, and also, it won't last permanently; it will start to fade off after around 3 years.

I'm waiting to go korea on business trip in mid March, then i will definitely go and try this eyeliner tattoo. Hence at the moment, i can't comment much on it. I don't think this technology is in Singapore yet.

You can look at this link for some examples of what this "make-art" eyeliner is about: http://tw.f3.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/c26893855?

/Jovin
Beauty Korea 장
[email protected]

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Post by kalyn » Sun, 02 Mar 2008 4:45 am

ohlala_PS wrote:

I have a high cheekbone and i hate it to the max... I guess we all have different perspectives to beauty.. To me, high cheekbones looks better for guys as girls should supposedly have smaller faces to look sweeter.. I'm planning to get cheekbone reduction some time next year when I've saved enough... :-|