Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Eneres

Post by Eneres » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 4:27 pm

Hi,

i thought that SIA only take in single girls? You mean Married status, SIA will also consider? Is it because she has some prior experiences before?
Yours Truly

higgledy
Regular
Regular

Post by higgledy » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 4:37 pm

Hi Eneres,

yes, she has already ROM a few years back & no prior experience. Infact, she tried a few times b4 she finally got in. :) So please do not give up hope.

Eneres

Post by Eneres » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 4:45 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification. I'm not married!
I'm just surprised that SQ will cosider married girls. Yes! i won't give up until i reach the max. age. :)
Yours Truly

nnutty

Post by nnutty » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 5:15 pm

Hi ALL,

I would say this forum really help so much preparing oneself for SQ interview. I went for my first interview last Sep and got booted out during the kebaya round. I was rather disheartened though. Sigh~

Since than I didnt have the courage to go for another interview even though I was shortlisted during the online application. Hah. I know, Silly me!

Are there any way I can do to boost my confidence level? Looking forward to your tips. :wink:
loves,
nnutty

higgledy
Regular
Regular

Post by higgledy » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 5:35 pm

Dear nnutty,

1stly, you must really consider carefully if this is really the career that you want. 2ndly, since you mentioned that you have even been shortlisted for the online application previously, it means you have the potential of being SQ girl. You should really try if you are very keen, to avoid any regrets in future. Lastly, be positive and even if you do not make it this time, there is always the next time. It definitely does not mean that you are bad... :)

angelawu286

Post by angelawu286 » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 8:18 pm

yingying2888 wrote:angelawu286: as stated in the SIA web, minimum requirements to get in in terms of qualifications is a diploma or a degree OR O level, OR A level certs with min. 5 passes. since you're already holding a diploma, i guess you've oredi met the requirement.

as for the visible scar, will it be exposed when the kebaya is worn? if it is exposed, then will it be possible to conceal it with concealer? the kebaya top is 3/4 sleeves, reaching up to the elbow, so as long as it can be hidden under the sleeves or concealed, it should be ok too..

instead of getting worried here, i suggest you just go for it, you dont try, you'll never know.. good luck! :D
erm thx for the info...
but i'm still confuse how did my friend ended inside... with a ite cert!!! does anyone noe???
hmm... hopefully i can passed the interview bahz!!!

misshoong

Post by misshoong » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 8:31 pm

caryssa wrote:Anyone know what they ask in the management round? Im gg on Friday. Thanks lots! {quote}

misshoong, did u read up this SIA cabin crew thread?
if u didnt, try go to page 980 n above n u will find lots of questions that they asked in management round b4...
Hey thanks caryssa it was a great help!

Girls, did any of your parents object to it and how did u convince them??

bittersweetmemories

Post by bittersweetmemories » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 10:01 pm

Hey ,

Anyone here going for the interview on March 16?
Last edited by bittersweetmemories on Wed, 27 Feb 2008 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mouse
Regular
Regular

Post by mouse » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 10:03 pm

Hi bittersweetmemories,

There will be a walk-in interview on 16 March 2008 at:

Sheraton Towers Singapore Hotel
2nd Level – Ballroom 2
39 Scotts Road
Singapore 228230

bittersweetmemories wrote:Hey ,

I'm waiting to graduate from a local polytechnic. Turning 21 this year. And am interested in going for an interview . My friend told me there's an interview on the March 15 . Is there any website that shows the official recruitment drive dates?

& How do we go about apply for it ? Just go there with the application form ? Or must we submit it first ?

Many questions here , sorry !

zetpeh
Regular
Regular

Post by zetpeh » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 10:05 pm

bittersweetmemories wrote:
& How do we go about apply for it ? Just go there with the application form ? Or must we submit it first ?
printed out the form and filled in the blank... pleasse refer to the webbie cheers.
http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... nCrew5.jsp

missy_ee

Re: Non-straight teeth

Post by missy_ee » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 11:08 pm

loml wrote:
rinnuwatanabe wrote:
loml wrote:Hi hi, i would like to know if there's a problem if your teeth are not totally straight then? is it a problem too???
Yes, u shud put on braces then, but depends hw ur teeth look like...if it's bad it will take a longer time for it to get even... :wink:
hi, thanks for your reply! does that means that without braces my chances are almost zero? because i'm alreayd 23 and putting on braces to make it even takes about 2 years and i will be too old by then!
dun be dishearted, go ahead and try...coz i have got slight crooked teeth also, and i always thought it's the reason to y i always failed the interviews. But actually it's not, it's the way u present urself that matters.

chocolatte

Post by chocolatte » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 11:26 pm

diy4n4h wrote:Hello! I've been following the forum a week before the 24th feb and it has been great help because i got through! :)

Just wanna know from u guys who have been to the briefing on tuesday; what do they do on tuesday? and does anyone get booted out at the briefing? haha, abit nervous of getting booted out after going through so much you see :P
hello!
briefing is only to let u know more about the career and the bond.. and also to check your documents.. =)
don't worry ! there's no more interview after the 4 rounds and if u pass medical, den you are in! =D

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 11:36 pm

misshoong, u r welcome..at least now u did ur homework :P
by the way, my parents never object to it..n they are very supportive also..:)

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 11:45 pm

my dear yingying..hows ur exam results?all passed?if yes, congrats yea..cz can start apply for ur employee pass already :)

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 12:31 am

bittersweetmemories wrote:Hey ,

Anyone here going for the interview on March 16?
Me loh...I'll go & try my best, but I dun wanna pin too much hope either...

If fail again, I would feel very demoralised :cry:
(=^_^=)