Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 11:15 am

hey superpinkystar,

me loh.... (i went yesterday 8-) )
why? u were there oso?
Dreams Do Come True

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

Post by superpinkystar » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 11:28 am

salvana wrote:hey superpinkystar,

me loh.... (i went yesterday 8-) )
why? u were there oso?

hahaha
yah i was there!
i was sitting at the extreme right corner with 3 other very giggly girls.
my name was the first to be called by sheryn to verify documents
*smile always

angelawu286

Post by angelawu286 » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 11:55 am

erm hi,

i got alotx of question to ask..

basicaly i'm a diploma holder and i dun have o level cert and i got ite cert and n level cert.. can i apply for it?

one of my fren she said she passes everything using a ite cert now she having training already..

and i had a visible scar on my arm will it be okie?

i'm 1.68m and 54kg... will tat be fine as well???

sorry, troublesome ger down here

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 12:10 pm

hahahahahhahaha......................
the world is such a small place. :lol:

Coz I'm 1 of the 3 very giggly gers... well,actually 4 of us were very 38... we talked and talked and laughed and laughed!! :P 8-) :D
I think we were pretty noisy there... wahahhaha.....

u should know which one am i.... well, my name was being called a couple of times until some otha candidates shouted my name then I realised it's my turn... coz we kept talking... till I can't hear my name was called.

wahhaha.... :D
hey...it's really nice to see u yesterday!
Dreams Do Come True

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 12:41 pm

angelawu286: as stated in the SIA web, minimum requirements to get in in terms of qualifications is a diploma or a degree OR O level, OR A level certs with min. 5 passes. since you're already holding a diploma, i guess you've oredi met the requirement.

as for the visible scar, will it be exposed when the kebaya is worn? if it is exposed, then will it be possible to conceal it with concealer? the kebaya top is 3/4 sleeves, reaching up to the elbow, so as long as it can be hidden under the sleeves or concealed, it should be ok too..

instead of getting worried here, i suggest you just go for it, you dont try, you'll never know.. good luck! :D
the world at your doorstep

mikoliicia
Regular
Regular

Post by mikoliicia » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 12:48 pm

yingying2888 wrote:angelawu286: as stated in the SIA web, minimum requirements to get in in terms of qualifications is a diploma or a degree OR O level, OR A level certs with min. 5 passes. since you're already holding a diploma, i guess you've oredi met the requirement.

as for the visible scar, will it be exposed when the kebaya is worn? if it is exposed, then will it be possible to conceal it with concealer? the kebaya top is 3/4 sleeves, reaching up to the elbow, so as long as it can be hidden under the sleeves or concealed, it should be ok too..

instead of getting worried here, i suggest you just go for it, you dont try, you'll never know.. good luck! :D

calling out for kakis going for briefing tml ? STC ?? :) will be meeting one of the girls already any more tagging along ??
❤ :: misses ::

diy4n4h

Post by diy4n4h » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 1:09 pm

Hello! I've been following the forum a week before the 24th feb and it has been great help because i got through! :)

Just wanna know from u guys who have been to the briefing on tuesday; what do they do on tuesday? and does anyone get booted out at the briefing? haha, abit nervous of getting booted out after going through so much you see :P

serenechen

Re: Facial requirement.

Post by serenechen » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 1:12 pm

streets wrote:
serenechen wrote:Can the SIA stewardess have any moles on their face?
Hi Serene,

I have a mole on my lower right lip, and I passed through management too. However, it was at the management round where the gentlemen interviewer pointed it out. 'I noticed there's a mark on your forehead and your lip?'

And I told him the one on my forehead is a recent pimple mark, the other is my mole. I elaborated on my skin care at home, etc.
Most importantly, smile and think positive no matter what! =D
Hi streets: Thanks a lot for replying and reassuring me once again! (= Now I'm more convinced it's more about confidence and how you carry yourself at the interview. I'll do my best! Thanks for the encouragement!

fairlady89

Post by fairlady89 » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 1:44 pm

i got a call today from Mary, she told me i cleared my medical test and when my training will commence. the feeling is beyond happiness

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

Post by superpinkystar » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 1:51 pm

fairlady89 wrote:i got a call today from Mary, she told me i cleared my medical test and when my training will commence. the feeling is beyond happiness
babe,
when did you go for medical?

omg omg omg..
i am feeling so nervous.
getting paranoid why my hp not ringing.
*arghhhhh
:o
*smile always

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 1:54 pm

hey fairlady89,

congrats to you!! :D
enjoy ur training.... :wink:
Dreams Do Come True

loml

Non-straight teeth

Post by loml » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 2:31 pm

Hi hi, i would like to know if there's a problem if your teeth are not totally straight then? is it a problem too???

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Non-straight teeth

Post by rinnuwatanabe » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 3:47 pm

loml wrote:Hi hi, i would like to know if there's a problem if your teeth are not totally straight then? is it a problem too???
Yes, u shud put on braces then, but depends hw ur teeth look like...if it's bad it will take a longer time for it to get even... :wink:

loml

Re: Non-straight teeth

Post by loml » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 3:57 pm

rinnuwatanabe wrote:
loml wrote:Hi hi, i would like to know if there's a problem if your teeth are not totally straight then? is it a problem too???
Yes, u shud put on braces then, but depends hw ur teeth look like...if it's bad it will take a longer time for it to get even... :wink:
hi, thanks for your reply! does that means that without braces my chances are almost zero? because i'm alreayd 23 and putting on braces to make it even takes about 2 years and i will be too old by then!

higgledy
Regular
Regular

Post by higgledy » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 4:09 pm

Hi loml,

I personally feel that if you think your teeth are not exactly crooked, then you may want to try. I have a friend who flew with SQ for quite no. of years & she put on braces (those invisible) along the way. It costs almost 1time more than the normal ones.

If not, you may really just put on the normal braces & try again when you remove them. I had mine on for 1 & half yrs & it really depends individual. Do consult the orthodontist & he/she will give you an estimated time of how long it will take for you. You will still be young & gorgeous with beautiful teeth! I have a friend who is 28 & married, just got in during the Jan intake. So consider carefully! :)