Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
angeljiaying

Post by angeljiaying » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 9:06 pm

summerboy02: dun be upset alrite. use this 3 mths to prepare yourself and ace the next interview. since u can pass so many round the managemnet round shld not be a problem. maybe ur jus nervous? so cheer up k! =) my interview was in rm 1. a lady and a guy, they were quite friendly and smiley. =)
=D

fairlady89

Post by fairlady89 » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 9:07 pm

any idea if we can wear casual outfit for the pre-employment briefing at STC? have no idea cause i heard so many speculations about this and that

fixyou

Post by fixyou » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 9:31 pm

hi everyone, i'm pretty new here.
can i enquire if it's a must for girls to know how to swim in order to be SIA CC?!?

be my escapade.

*tory

Post by *tory » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 9:54 pm

superpinkystar:
thanks gal for your words of encouragement. Anyway aint pimples that got me booted. was my silly eyebags.

pinklittlefigure:
may i know what is the name of the clinic called? i would like to drop by there and ask if these eyebags can be really removed permanently. thanks in advance gal!

fixyou:
In my opinion, knowing how to swim is an essential factor when one becomes a CC. I believe that there should be water confidence (swimming) training when one is selected to be a CC. Afterall, in the appln form, there is a question which asks if one, with life jacket on, is confident in water. Hope this helps.

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:10 pm

Whee i managed to get pass height despite being borderline haha... was in the 2nd or 3rd last group. Only 3/10 passed 1st round, including me. 3/10 passed 2nd round. I failed at kebaya! AAAhhhhh when i walked i felt the slippers slapping against my feet. The lady frowned and my heart just sank... i tried to walk as quietly as possible but still very noisy haha... something wrong with the way i walk!!! :( But it's ok, will learn the lesson.

One advice for the still-hopefuls: whatever happens, do not panic, stay calm and confident so as to react to situations/questions well :)

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:15 pm

hey akiheartfelt,

could it be dat the pair of slipper that you had is bigger than ur feet size?
well....always try to get the size that fit you.
coz wif that, u'll b able to walk comfortably..... :)
Dreams Do Come True

witchie

Post by witchie » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:36 pm

congrats to all who got in. =)

fixyou

Post by fixyou » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:44 pm

thanks for the reply :)
perhaps will give it a first try for the next upcoming interview
Btw, is it true that they will not take in girls who have got mole(s) on their faces?
Last edited by fixyou on Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
be my escapade.

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:47 pm

hey salvana,

actually i thought they fit very comfortably. the lady asked me if the shoes were too small haha i said they were ok... until i walked down and back again and told her i think they're too big haha... but if i'm trying again i'll try to grab slippers asap and practise walking around first lol

mantaro43

Post by mantaro43 » Tue, 26 Feb 2008 12:19 am

rainschocolate wrote:heard the passing rate for the 24th Feb interview was very high!!
lol

congrats to all who got in, and welcome to STC!! :lol:

batch 953 will be coming in tomoro.. haha
are you sure coz i asked the lady during management rd abt the passing rate which i also tot is kinda high.....she said firmly no, it's normal....

summerboy02 wrote:i didnt make it for the management round for today despite the fact that passing rate for this round is super high.....My slot is 230pm,any1 there?

i was there, i am the mly guy that came late...my slot was at 215 n i came around 3+.... well the ratio for the final round was about 7/10 getting tru...

valeberry
Regular
Regular

Disheartened

Post by valeberry » Tue, 26 Feb 2008 1:05 am

Damn sad. Im always nervous whenever I go for SIA cabin crew interview. :(
I wonder if there is any way to cope it.

Chatter
Chatter

Post by 12345 » Tue, 26 Feb 2008 1:58 am

6pacs wrote:
I see...well thanx for the info...i guess ...the next time i will put my hands in front and bow the next time round...hope it works...but if any kind soul out there kind enuff to provide any form of tips on hw to pass the 2nd stage..besides smiling and walking wif confidence...such as holding hands in front or catwalk like a model is very much appreciated.[/quote]

Hi there...i'm a guy who has passed the 2nd round b4. Well, i think the main criteria that they are looking for is ur posture while walking. So, make sure u push ur shoulders a little backwards...n dat wud make ur back appear straight. N with dat...just walk as normally as possible. Dun attempt any catwalking or watsoever...just walk in a normal pace n in a way u're comfortable with. Just keep ur shoulders straight n balanced but at the same time dun appear stiff while walking. By doing so...i wud think u'll have the confidence and a good posture at the same time :)

As for the skin check...i think just stretch out ur hand straight will do? Nothing much is required i guess. May i know wat went wrong during ur interview? Forgive me if u have already written it b4...coz i didnt really read thru every page. N u mentioned sumthing about bowing next time??

beautiful_river

Post by beautiful_river » Tue, 26 Feb 2008 2:25 am

superpinkystar wrote:
hey *tory,
don't give up yah??

i used to have acne and the scars are still there. i even have a chicken pox scar very near my cheek ; it's been diminishing over the years but it's still there if you stand close to me.

the kebaya part is indeed the killer part. ( got kicked out 8 times)
you just have to be confident and smile all the way.

just get very good concealer to cover those spots ; it really helps.
but in all, YOU MUST BE CONFIDENT.

i will be going for chemical peeling sessions next month to lighten the scars.
Hi everyone,
Im kinda new to this forum.. I went for the interview on 24th and was booted out on the kebaya round too.. Likewise, I dint know what went wrong as well.. I am guessing that it may be due to the chicken pox scar on my hand.. cuz I have jus got chicken pox 2 wks ago.. but its really small and jus one dot on my hand.. and also, since i was the first in line during the kebaya walk, I was kinda nervous and very conscious of how i walk..

I made frens with a girl who has been through the SIA interview 6 times and she advised me to get one which is body-hugging so as to show our curves.. but its really tight.. n probably cuz im not used to wearing it n was really nervous, i couldnt really breathe.. n as there is no mirror, its really hard to gauge how u look..

And is there any weight or height proportion ratio? Im 166cm and weigh 58kg.. dunno if thats one of e reason they booted me out... anyway, was too depressed and dumb-founded to even thought about staying back to ask why i was booted out.. i jus somehow drift out from the hotel.. this is my first attempt and e feeling of horrible.. E lady jus said " for e rest of u, u r not selected. Thank you for your interest in SIA." it jus keeps ringing in my head.....

Hi superpinkystar,
may i know where u go for ur chemical peeling session and how much does it cost? or is there any cream i can use prior to the chemical peeling session?

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Tue, 26 Feb 2008 2:37 am

try not to get one that's too tight cos i've seen some overly tight ones and they looked bad :(

for me even S was a bit too baggy for me :???: i didn't think i was that small

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

Post by superpinkystar » Tue, 26 Feb 2008 6:54 am

beautiful_river wrote: Hi superpinkystar,
may i know where u go for ur chemical peeling session and how much does it cost? or is there any cream i can use prior to the chemical peeling session?
hi there,
i normally go back to NSC. you can actually try those private clinics which specializes in dermatology.but do know that private clinics are more ex.

When quoting please use only the relevant information to save space in the database.

Moderator.
*smile always