Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
llentimes
Regular
Regular

Post by llentimes » Sun, 24 Feb 2008 10:40 pm

congrats salvana! hope i can join the team asap as well.
Gotta look-out 4 next interview liao!

Those who failed, dun give up!
Jia You!
:roll:
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

fairlady89

Post by fairlady89 » Sun, 24 Feb 2008 10:44 pm

Thanks Salvana!
What group were you in? I count myself lucky to get thru on first attempt. Going for medical test tmr and STC on tues for briefing.

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Sun, 24 Feb 2008 11:24 pm

snowss,
dun give up,k? the titanic wun sink.... and you'll definitely get to hop onto the plane soon.... wahhaha....rescue is on the way.... :D

hey fairlady89,
i'm in grp 19. c u at STC on tuesday... :)

hey llentimes,
thanks. :) dun give up to pursue ur dream,k?

hey HippiEeEe,
learn from the mistake and move on,k? i know it's not ez to get over wif it.... but u still have to move on, eventually.....
I recalled the day when the lady told me that "Sorry, you're not selected" :-| I was so so so shocked and my mind juz went blank.... and i juz walked out from STC(dat time my mgmt was held in STC) wif a very blur+stupid+bla bla bla bla face...... I was so lost.... totally have no direction.....
Honestly, I cried when i reached home... I was so broken in pieces.... probably the pieces were too fined that it turned into dust liao.... wahhahhah :D

i could only turned on my lappie and started typing in this forum wif my tears rolling down onto my cheek.... :cry: :cry:
xanngac and all otha very kinda hearted angels here helped me to get thru wif it.....

theni told myself...enuf is enuf.... i've to face the fact that i failed! and move on......

so,peeps.... let's get back to the track and move on....

HippiEeEe, I really wish you luck and all the best,okie? if this is wat u want.... go for it.... dun ever look back and regret that you never do wat u want..... :)
Dreams Do Come True

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

SIA kebaya fit

Post by superpinkystar » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:09 am

hey girls,
just based on my observation.

during the kebaya round, when they asked you to walk towards them. i noticed some girls who put their hands on top of each other (below tummy area)and walking towards the tester ; actually got in.

i tried that method today and i did sort like "bow" and acknowledged them good morning smiling. (that really helped)

do not swing your hands towards them (like going for fight) ; i saw some and they got out.

2 cents worth.
:D
*smile always

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Re: SIA kebaya fit

Post by snowss » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:51 am

superpinkystar wrote:hey girls,
just based on my observation.

during the kebaya round, when they asked you to walk towards them. i noticed some girls who put their hands on top of each other (below tummy area)and walking towards the tester ; actually got in.

i tried that method today and i did sort like "bow" and acknowledged them good morning smiling. (that really helped)

do not swing your hands towards them (like going for fight) ; i saw some and they got out.

2 cents worth.
:D
Hah, no wonder....I failed the kebaya round today...1st time donning the kebaya
I walked with hands swinging, coze dunno where to put mah :?

Ok, points taken....the next time if I "do" get to round 2...I'll use the method tat u taught me :P

What I did was put my hands by my side, walked very slowly towards them and greeted them with a smile :) She asked me to lift my fringe up and the next thing is: "Ok thank you, u can change out of the uniform"

Or maybe it's my skin :???: But then, i dun have pimples or anything...What cld be the reason*Beats me* Guess I better check/take good care of my skin the next time round

Eneres

Post by Eneres » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 9:19 am

Hey people,

When i tried for the Jan one, i managed to get to the 1 - 1 interview stage. Yesterday when i tired, i was booted out at the skincheck round.

I did have ONE noticeably huge pimple on my cheek. And a very recent scar on my finger because my dog bit me.

When doing the skincheck, the beautician did not mention or ask me anything so i thought it doesn't matter. But i was booted out.

The scar is only temporary and it is healing. What could actually happened?
Yours Truly

*tory

Post by *tory » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:07 am

Dear Eneres

I am sure it was the pimple which caused you. I feel that they are pretty particular with regards to complexion. Well, at least pimples can be eradicated once and for all. But not for eyebags.

I remained behind to ask the lady what went wrong with my assessment in Round two. She said it was due to them which make me look very tired. Mine is the genetics kind (brownish under the eyes) So i really dont know how to remove them permanently. =X

Sigh

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

Post by superpinkystar » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:48 am

*tory wrote:Dear Eneres

I am sure it was the pimple which caused you. I feel that they are pretty particular with regards to complexion. Well, at least pimples can be eradicated once and for all. But not for eyebags.

I remained behind to ask the lady what went wrong with my assessment in Round two. She said it was due to them which make me look very tired. Mine is the genetics kind (brownish under the eyes) So i really dont know how to remove them permanently. =X

Sigh
hey *tory,
don't give up yah??

i used to have acne and the scars are still there. i even have a chicken pox scar very near my cheek ; it's been diminishing over the years but it's still there if you stand close to me.

the kebaya part is indeed the killer part. ( got kicked out 8 times)
you just have to be confident and smile all the way.

just get very good concealer to cover those spots ; it really helps.
but in all, YOU MUST BE CONFIDENT.

i will be going for chemical peeling sessions next month to lighten the scars.
*smile always

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:54 am

Tory: The SIA panel doctor (in Paragon) offers a kind of topical medicine for dark eye rings / eye bags. It is displayed in the cabinet beside the registration counter :D

mikoliicia
Regular
Regular

Re: sheraton interview

Post by mikoliicia » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:10 pm

chocolatte wrote:i passed all rounds today too!
was really nervous..
but glad i made it through in my 1st attempt! :D

congrats to all who made it thru too.
STC tuesday ya? =D

hey girl congrats, will u be going for yr medical today as me n my friends will be ? wanna tag along ?
❤ :: misses ::

6pacs

Post by 6pacs » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:12 pm

Hi superpinky star,

I saw ur post regarding the 2nd round interveiw process....i was wondering if u knew wat they are loking out for in guys...as i was kicked out in the 2nd round...do we need to put our hands in front as well and walk towards them??...or i tink its due to my acne scars...and how much did u have to pay for ur facial skin peeling treatment

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

Post by superpinkystar » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:25 pm

6pacs wrote:Hi superpinky star,

I saw ur post regarding the 2nd round interveiw process....i was wondering if u knew wat they are loking out for in guys...as i was kicked out in the 2nd round...do we need to put our hands in front as well and walk towards them??...or i tink its due to my acne scars...and how much did u have to pay for ur facial skin peeling treatment
hi there 6 pacs,
i am not very sure what do they look out for in men.

for my acne case, i took about 6-8 months to recover. with oral medications and creams. must be very patient to see results and it varies from individuals.

i normally go back to NSC.
*smile always

6pacs

Post by 6pacs » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:52 pm

superpinkystar wrote:
6pacs wrote:Hi superpinky star,

hi there 6 pacs,
i am not very sure what do they look out for in men.

for my acne case, i took about 6-8 months to recover. with oral medications and creams. must be very patient to see results and it varies from individuals.

i normally go back to NSC.
I see...well thanx for the info...i guess ...the next time i will put my hands in front and bow the next time round...hope it works...but if any kind soul out there kind enuff to provide any form of tips on hw to pass the 2nd stage..besides smiling and walking wif confidence...such as holding hands in front or catwalk like a model is very much appreciated.
Last edited by 6pacs on Mon, 25 Feb 2008 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 1:03 pm

6pacs,

heard of punggol clinic? myself and sokeai are tried and tested patients. haha. i'd say his cleanser and cream are quite good. reasonable charges too! :)

HippiEeEe

Post by HippiEeEe » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 1:07 pm

Hi salvana

:) Really appreciate your words of encouragement... really.

Thanks and I will be looking forward (+ well-armed *LOL*) for the my next attempt!

Cheers!
Embrace the Day with Power Confidence! ^^v