Singapore Expats

Enquiries

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
asshanie

Enquiries

Post by asshanie » Thu, 21 Feb 2008 6:54 am

Thanks a lot if you do provide it!!
Last edited by asshanie on Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
MigrationMan

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 21 Feb 2008 7:44 am

I think this is a good question not to ask as many would regard it as personal and in any case what does it matter? Since you are about to join I suggest you take more care as I doubt if your future colleagues will be too pleased should they come to know you asked such a question on a public forum....... [-X :roll:

Would you like me to delete this thread?

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Thu, 21 Feb 2008 8:55 am

pay day is usually end of the month. you thinking of spending it all in one go? :wink: :P

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Thu, 21 Feb 2008 10:13 am

durain wrote:pay day is usually end of the month. you thinking of spending it all in one go? :wink: :P
NOPE!
I can tell you that for sure.

Asshanie: PLEASE DO NOT ASK ANYMORE QUESTIONS ON REGARDS OF PAY! very sensitive question. You might never know a Cabin Crew Executive is reading your post!

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Thu, 21 Feb 2008 4:47 pm

but surely asking when is the pay day is OK? altough the question should have been answered or asked during interview.

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Thu, 21 Feb 2008 4:54 pm

durain wrote:but surely asking when is the pay day is OK? altough the question should have been answered or asked during interview.
Yes it's ok to ask for a pay day. I didn't say it's not ok!
But discussing it in forum? Do you think it's ok?

Luc85

Post by Luc85 » Thu, 21 Feb 2008 5:12 pm

i dun think enquiring for the pay day is of any breach... the threadstarter merely asked a straight open and close question of "when".

she didnt asked for the breakdown of pay structure...

e.g.
its common knowledge for civil servants to be paid on the 10th of the month. any man who had served ns would knew...

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Thu, 21 Feb 2008 6:17 pm

Luc85 wrote:i dun think enquiring for the pay day is of any breach... the threadstarter merely asked a straight open and close question of "when".

she didnt asked for the breakdown of pay structure...

e.g.
its common knowledge for civil servants to be paid on the 10th of the month. any man who had served ns would knew...
if you say soo.... My fault then. Very sorry.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 21 Feb 2008 6:51 pm

durain wrote:but surely asking when is the pay day is OK? altough the question should have been answered or asked during interview.
Personally I think this is the sort of thing to be asked at interviews. The reason for my initial post was there are people, couples and singles that have financial problems or concerns. Making the information well known might or might not benefit creditors and such like. A long shot maybe and perhaps I am wrong but in one industry I worked my wages were no secret and I didn't like it.

However, I don't see the point of asking acknowledging the fact that some people leaving home, University or school are cash-strapped for a while but you just have to cater for that even it means a few debts for a while.

Luc85

Post by Luc85 » Thu, 21 Feb 2008 8:45 pm

whatever it is, i didnt want an arguement with anyone here, neither do i want an apology.

i just want to voice a point that it seem nothing wrong in asking when the pay day is, it should be deem as a common general question.

as mentioned, it is not akin to declare the detailed salary structure in public such as basic, allowances, variable components, profit sharing bonus...etc.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 21 Feb 2008 9:25 pm

Luc85 wrote: it seem nothing wrong in asking when the pay day is,
Years ago when people were paid cash (darn you lot are making me feel old. :cry: ) knowing when pay day was gave criminals information to commit the crime of holding up the wages van.

That of course doesn't happen any more in developed countries since few companies pay in ready cash any more. There is however a different kind of 'robber' - the wife if you are a man (husband if you are a woman) and you are not in total agreement over your household finances. :P :lol: :lol:

Note: Some companies such as the one I worked for until recently pay every lunar month so pay day is never the same day.

drusilla
Regular
Regular

Post by drusilla » Thu, 21 Feb 2008 10:43 pm

Luc85 wrote: it seem nothing wrong in asking when the pay day is,
yea, especially for those who need to fill out GIRO forms which ask for preferred date of deduction..
Plavt wrote:(darn you lot are making me feel old. :cry: )
:lol: :lol: