Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 12:46 am

princessli wrote:Dear Dmn,

Why was your nose crooked after the goretex? and wat did Dr Hsu do to fix the over-hanging alar?
hi!

think you need to read my earlier posts... my nose is inherently crooked.

it is true i didnt know my primary rhino with dr. Jung did not correct the problem until dr. Hsu pointed it out over our email correspondence.

rib cartilage implant is necessary due to this reason. i think i wrote this too.

dr. Hsu made internal stitches. how exactly- i need to find time to review his email to me and see if it is appropriate to disclose our correspondence after seeking his permission. actually, i m happy to see effect cos my primary either dr. Jung also cover internal stitching for hanging alar but it did not yield such results. however, i wld prefer to improve it and dr. Hsu ask me to review only 9-12 mths later.

cheers!

ladyinred

Post by ladyinred » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 12:57 am

Can anybody give me think link from Dr Hsu site? there are all chinese, I need an English link, please. Thank you very much.
Life is a circle

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 1:02 am

ladyinred wrote:DMN,
Who did your last surgery? Your new nose looks really good. very nature look. Congrats. Did you change Grotex to Silicone?
hihi,

thanks! yes, i think my nose is now more natural looking despite a much high bridge - something which i did not think will give a 'natural' look.

If you dun mind, PLEASE read back cos besides my case, there are many reviews to learn from.

main reason for revision: hanging alar, showing nostrils and FEAR of Goretex infections some years down the road.

revison implant: rib cartilage.

cheers,
Last edited by DMN on Tue, 12 Feb 2008 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 1:09 am

feline.eyes wrote:your nose looks great! it is very nice and natural; like you were blessed with it, instead of it being man made. that is the kind of effect that i am looking forward to, not the japanese celebrity style, which can be very harsh/hard/fake. my chinese is atrocious but he seems really detail in his write up.

my nose is inherently crooked too and hopefully it can be fixed like yours :) can't wait for my surgery!
thanks!

yeah, i know what you mean. not everyone want to look like a movie star.... you need to have other complementing features to start with.

dr. Hsu is indeed very patient. I really think it is becos he is genuiunely very passionate towards rhinoplasty. therefore, instead of me chasing him...he has been chasing me to take photos and make reviews!!! :-)

but alamak, i have been going crazy on renovation and running my biz. poor dr. Hsu...hehehe..

talk to him in details. whether it is dr Hsu or not, you need to make sue yr doc knows what you need exactly. this is coming from my own experiences.

cheers!

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Post by kalyn » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 1:20 am

Hi DMN, looks like both of us had been "cheated" into the fast and easy solution with the use of fillers. I seriously regretted it but at the same time, I don't blame the surgeon either. At this point of time, it will be more productive to think of ways to correct the existing problem then to whinge and grouse at past mistakes and wrong choices I've made.

So Restylane lasted a year for you? It has been 6-7 months since my last injection, and the effect is still very much there, the lumpiness, uneveness, and additional bags! :( I can't wait any further, do you really think that I should not go ahead at this point of time? I think I do trust Dr Jung's skills(after much reassurance and positive comments from your experiences), after all, if he didn't remove the uneven bags that were caused by fillers, I believe(very hopefully), they will dissolve after months later.

I've consulted Dr Choo of SGH National Eye Centre today and was quite disappointed by his advice. He insisted that I do not have much bags, it was just the dark eye circles that is the main concern. Even if he were to perform lower blep for me, the result will be subtle and minimal, probably 10 to 20% improvement. He said that my bags are not here, and not there, just a little bit and by the tone of his voice, I could tell he is not confident on performing the surgery for me, maybe due to the fillers, or maybe because that I don't have that much fats to remove which will test on his precision skill. On the positive note, I've heard that SGH doctors don't hardsell, they will always say "it's natural, surgery is not necessary", so I'm going to make an appointment to see either Dr Kwek or Dr Fok for another set of opinions.

Anyway, your nose was a success I would say! Looks much more natural after Dr Hsu's revision. You must be very satisfied with the work :D By the way, I remembered you did post before and after pictures of your lower blep surgery in this forum, but I've tried to find for the longest time and have no idea which post is it at :( Is it possible to share with me again please? Really appreciate it so much. Thanks DMN! :D

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 1:24 am

red_bean_cake wrote:Hi DMN,
thanks for sharing your pics of the Rhinoplasty. It looks really great, very natural looking! :)
Just wondering, would you consider Dr Jung or Dr Hsu to be better at eyebag removal and also Rhinoplasty?

Thanks for your advice on Dr Kim. I am researching other doctors, but as Dr Jung has only pictures of nose ops on his site, I'm not sure whether it's safe to go to him for eyebag removal...
Do you also tell the doctor which procedure you want, or does the doctor recommend the procedure after you fly there and do a face to face consultation?

Also, on both your trips to Korea and Taiwan, was it easy to find the clinics. book hotels, communicate with the doctors?
I cannot speak Korean nor Mandarin, so I'm afraid I might screw up since I'm probably heading there by myself, and I don't trust the doctors here...

Thanks so much if you could help me with my questions! Cheers! :D
Dear red bean cake,

Sori - you too. PLEASE read back cos if you want to learn from those who went for PS, you need to be able to at least discern one forumer's experience from the other so tt you are making the best option for yrself n not rely entirely on someone's results.

(Hope you dun mind cos I really wld love to see more coming back with good review from primary rhino.)

Dr. Hsu only does rhinoplasty. If you go to him in Kaoshiung, I recommend KingsTown Hotel cos I dun like old hotels and this one has been refurbished 2 yrs ago n reasonably priced. Book via internet:
http://www.kingstown-hotel.com.tw/

For dr. Jung, I stay at his simple apartment above his clinic for convenience. Some forummers dislike its simple conditions.

You can correspond with both docs - Hsu and Jung via email dr. Jung seeming likes to read his mails on Thurs which he usually gets a semi-'free' day. While, dr. Hsu reads his mails and reply them diligently almost daily. PLS try to be as detailed as possible. I called dr. Hsu before a few times to discuss dates for procedure, and make enquiries a few times before my trip.

good luck!
Last edited by DMN on Tue, 12 Feb 2008 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 1:37 am

kalyn wrote:Hi DMN, looks like both of us had been "cheated" into the fast and easy solution with the use of fillers. I seriously regretted it but at the same time, I don't blame the surgeon either. At this point of time, it will be more productive to think of ways to correct the existing problem then to whinge and grouse at past mistakes and wrong choices I've made.

So Restylane lasted a year for you? It has been 6-7 months since my last injection, and the effect is still very much there, the lumpiness, uneveness, and additional bags! :( I can't wait any further, do you really think that I should not go ahead at this point of time? I think I do trust Dr Jung's skills(after much reassurance and positive comments from your experiences), after all, if he didn't remove the uneven bags that were caused by fillers, I believe(very hopefully), they will dissolve after months later.

I've consulted Dr Choo of SGH National Eye Centre today and was quite disappointed by his advice. He insisted that I do not have much bags, it was just the dark eye circles that is the main concern. Even if he were to perform lower blep for me, the result will be subtle and minimal, probably 10 to 20% improvement. He said that my bags are not here, and not there, just a little bit and by the tone of his voice, I could tell he is not confident on performing the surgery for me, maybe due to the fillers, or maybe because that I don't have that much fats to remove which will test on his precision skill. On the positive note, I've heard that SGH doctors don't hardsell, they will always say "it's natural, surgery is not necessary", so I'm going to make an appointment to see either Dr Kwek or Dr Fok for another set of opinions.

Anyway, your nose was a success I would say! Looks much more natural after Dr Hsu's revision. You must be very satisfied with the work :D By the way, I remembered you did post before and after pictures of your lower blep surgery in this forum, but I've tried to find for the longest time and have no idea which post is it at :( Is it possible to share with me again please? Really appreciate it so much. Thanks DMN! :D
Kalyn: frankly, maybe it a revision...i try to use 平常心 to look at the results. Nothing Zen or anything cos indeed I am finally close to the nose I want but still a little way...

Sori - I dun hv the pics anymore! try going back to late july-sep 07 post.

Lastly, please do try to be patient with Restylane. I wld not let ANY doc touch my lower eye bags had it not been a year. This, I was clearly advised by a Spore celebrity doc who is famous for her non-evasive injections. Even she wld not add fillers to my last filler done by the famous PS surgeon. She said it is not advisable to do ANYTHING to a blotch fillar for lower eye bag areas and jokingly said she wld 'kll' me if I attempt.... :P I respect her ethics due to this discipline not to make money for sake of making money.

cheers,

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Post by kalyn » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 2:37 am

DMN wrote:

Lastly, please do try to be patient with Restylane. I wld not let ANY doc touch my lower eye bags had it not been a year. This, I was clearly advised by a Spore celebrity doc who is famous for her non-evasive injections. Even she wld not add fillers to my last filler done by the famous PS surgeon. She said it is not advisable to do ANYTHING to a blotch fillar for lower eye bag areas and jokingly said she wld 'kll' me if I attempt.... :P I respect her ethics due to this discipline not to make money for sake of making money.

cheers,
Now I'm in dilemma after hearing this. I'm in desperate need to solve this baggy issue yet the fillers makes things so much complicated. DMN, may I know which is the Spore celebrity doc who is famous for her non-evasive injections that you mentioned? I'd like to consult her for my case as well and seek her advice on whether the filler substance under my lower eye bags has more or less absorbed or not... Thank you babe for your help :)

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

Congrats

Post by kwelll » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 8:21 am

***Congratulations*** DMN!

Thanks for posting the link to your revised nose- it appears more balanced to me and am sure it will only look better with time. It is still early days, I would say Dr. Hsu did a lovely job to straighten your nose- this is already a cause for celebration! :D

Cheers

Kwell

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Wed, 13 Feb 2008 1:50 am

http://www.dr-su.com/

one of the best eyelid doctor in taiwan. she does rhinoplasty with botox too

look at below for example of her skill..

Golden Rules of PS:
1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need
2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face
3)Work on your confidence 1st

ladyinred

Post by ladyinred » Wed, 13 Feb 2008 3:31 am

I can't read it, thank you for posting. There are only some English words, the rest are chinese.
Life is a circle

Jang
Regular
Regular

Pictures of my Eyes After Surgery

Post by Jang » Fri, 15 Feb 2008 2:25 am

Hi All,

Just to share my picture on my double eyelid surgery after 3 months by Dr Kim in BK Dongyang Clinic in Korea.

The Surgery I did was insicion method by cutting slightly higher then my previous double eyelid crease, remove fats to reduce my puffy eyes and some correction on my eyelid muscles.

Hope these picture which I share can be helpful for those who will be going to enhance their eyes with the same problem like me and understand more how the result will turn out to be :wink:

Beauty Korea 장
[email protected]

ladyinred

Post by ladyinred » Fri, 15 Feb 2008 5:27 am

Hi Jang,
Thank you for posting your pictures. Your eyes and nose look great. You nose looks higher than before. Very nice result. Congrats.
Life is a circle

Jang
Regular
Regular

Post by Jang » Fri, 15 Feb 2008 11:14 am

Hi ladyinred,

Thanks for ur complement, I very happy with my eyes result.
But I'll be flying back to Dr Kim to do my nose on 2nd Mar, I'll update my progress after my surgery. :)
ladyinred wrote:Hi Jang,
Thank you for posting your pictures. Your eyes and nose look great. You nose looks higher than before. Very nice result. Congrats.
Beauty Korea 장
[email protected]

superman0011

cheeks

Post by superman0011 » Fri, 15 Feb 2008 5:17 pm

Hey.... im new to this place... I have read some not-so-positive reviews about dr chuang here in this thread... so does anyone actually recommend me to do medpor cheek augmentation over at chuang's? or .. does anyone have a better recommendation?