Singapore Expats

Anyone knows which facial is good and cheap??

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
bluexob
Chatter
Chatter

Anyone knows which facial is good and cheap??

Post by bluexob » Fri, 08 Feb 2008 1:59 pm

I have problems with my skin nowadays...Mine is combination type of skin...so i have some blemishes,slightly pimples,oily skin,dark rings,uneven skin tone,whiteheads,some bumps on my nose(unsure the cause of it)and little pocket marks(due to chicken pux few years ago)..Can anyone recommend me any facial that is good and cheap or affordable after 1-2 sessions or instantly??Always wanting to have a clear,fair,glowing,radiant and less trouble skin...

nalong

Post by nalong » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 10:00 pm

Go NSC, their medication clears your pimples almost instantly

time

Post by time » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 4:58 am

These things take time. You hardly find anything suitable if you want results in 1 or 2 sessions. And if it's good, it usually doesn't come cheap.

bluexob
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bluexob » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 4:23 pm

Yes,i understand.....In fact,went for several facials from different salon all gave me unsatisfactory results in the end...Been spending hundreds over this and facial products too...Abit frustrating though and nothing works...Guess its unsuitable for my skin face....I just want something like a 'miracle' maybe...That works perfectly for my skin type like slightly visible result after few sessions and affordable too....Some facial varies for different types of skin...Mine is more on combination skin...So its kinda troublesome for me,other than facial,always has to keep oil blotter in my purse to keep the shine away every now and then...Well who to blame??I have such a bad genezzz :(

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 9:26 pm

bluexob wrote:Yes,i understand.....In fact,went for several facials from different salon all gave me unsatisfactory results in the end...Been spending hundreds over this and facial products too...Abit frustrating though and nothing works...Guess its unsuitable for my skin face....I just want something like a 'miracle' maybe...That works perfectly for my skin type like slightly visible result after few sessions and affordable too....Some facial varies for different types of skin...Mine is more on combination skin...So its kinda troublesome for me,other than facial,always has to keep oil blotter in my purse to keep the shine away every now and then...Well who to blame??I have such a bad genezzz :(
I have a secret for my skin.
I use home remedies. I only spend as little as $20 each month for the ingredients. The results: FANTASTIC!

I use to have the kind of skin you describe. I went to facial salon etc... And results isn't that good either. I started to give up on it and search the internet for recipies on home made skin care. You will be amazed to find many recipies.

Ps: I even use fresh milk as my make-up remover. Not only did it remove my make-up but it leave my skin soft and smooth. Making me feel fresh. :wink:

The best advice I can give you is that - Try not to waste money on such treatment. The money you save can hold you up during rainy days. :)

niken

Post by niken » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:41 pm

I have recommended some of my friends who had quiet similar case. It is a combination of skin care and diet. most took about 6 months to see an improvement. If you r keen I can share with you

bluexob
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bluexob » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 2:17 pm

queenie-me wrote:
bluexob wrote:Yes,i understand.....In fact,went for several facials from different salon all gave me unsatisfactory results in the end...Been spending hundreds over this and facial products too...Abit frustrating though and nothing works...Guess its unsuitable for my skin face....I just want something like a 'miracle' maybe...That works perfectly for my skin type like slightly visible result after few sessions and affordable too....Some facial varies for different types of skin...Mine is more on combination skin...So its kinda troublesome for me,other than facial,always has to keep oil blotter in my purse to keep the shine away every now and then...Well who to blame??I have such a bad genezzz :(
I use home remedies. I only spend as little as $20 each month for the ingredients. The results: FANTASTIC!

I use to have the kind of skin you describe. I went to facial salon etc... And results isn't that good either. I started to give up on it and search the internet for recipies on home made skin care. You will be amazed to find many recipies.

Ps: I even use fresh milk as my make-up remover. Not only did it remove my make-up but it leave my skin soft and smooth. Making me feel fresh. :wink:

The best advice I can give you is that - Try not to waste money on such treatment. The money you save can hold you up during rainy days. :)
Yup, agreed should start saving some $$...Well, i did tried with home remedies too by reading magazines on skin care,surfing net,watchin tv on beauty programme etc...and yes i've seen the result in an instant like glowing,fair and soft skin(Mix with white dried powder milk and hot water to form white thick paste and acts like a face mask daily)...but still, i couldnt get rid of my Tzone combination skin therefore its easily to prone to pimple(though its not that severe)...Even went to see a doctor, but their medication is too strong, tat it lead to excessive dry skin even in small quantity...Bought all these facial products from the cheapest to expensive brands, be it from traditional to the lastest product in the store!!None works...Feel like giving up :cry: ...This problem has been bugging me since my early teens till now(turning 21 soon)....Just slightly improve over the years but not exactly clear skin....How i yearn to have a clear and radiant skin everyday i look myself in the mirror :( ...haha

Dorian

Post by Dorian » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 4:43 pm

I think regular facials are key to having good skin. Look at any celebrity when they hit the big time their skin improves even if it is very poor to begin with.

Victoria Beckham has problem combination skin, prone to spots. Regular facials are key for improvements & a good skin care regime.

It doesn't need to cost $$$s but I would recommend something like a Dermalogica facial once a month. A facial should exfoliate and then there should be some steam to get rid of impurities.

Dermalogica has good products which get good results. They don't come cheap but they are not ridiculously expensive either. If you buy the products you can give yourself facials at home.

The key is to take make-up off every night and cleanse, tone, moisturise and exfoliate. Hope this helps.

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 5:38 pm

bluexob wrote:
queenie-me wrote:

Yup, agreed should start saving some $$...Well, i did tried with home remedies too by reading magazines on skin care,surfing net,watchin tv on beauty programme etc...and yes i've seen the result in an instant like glowing,fair and soft skin(Mix with white dried powder milk and hot water to form white thick paste and acts like a face mask daily)...but still, i couldnt get rid of my Tzone combination skin therefore its easily to prone to pimple(though its not that severe)...Even went to see a doctor, but their medication is too strong, tat it lead to excessive dry skin even in small quantity...Bought all these facial products from the cheapest to expensive brands, be it from traditional to the lastest product in the store!!None works...Feel like giving up :cry: ...This problem has been bugging me since my early teens till now(turning 21 soon)....Just slightly improve over the years but not exactly clear skin....How i yearn to have a clear and radiant skin everyday i look myself in the mirror :( ...haha
I am 21 years old too. I used to have T-zone. But after daily facials of home remedies. My skin is far more better than before.
You might want to try daily before going to once or twice a week.

niken

Post by niken » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:48 pm

e mail me at [email protected]

blopblopblu

interested

Post by blopblopblu » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:09 pm

sounds interesting.
pls email me too at [email protected]

bluexob
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bluexob » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:11 pm

queenie-me wrote:
bluexob wrote:
queenie-me wrote: I have a secret for my skin.

I am 21 years old too. I used to have T-zone. But after daily facials of home remedies. My skin is far more better than before.
Cool...Care to share me your secret recipies to keep the tzone away??U free to private mail me too..Thanks alot queenie 8-)

bluexob
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bluexob » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:51 pm

Dorian wrote:I think regular facials are key to having good skin. Look at any celebrity when they hit the big time their skin improves even if it is very poor to begin with.

Victoria Beckham has problem combination skin, prone to spots. Regular facials are key for improvements & a good skin care regime.

It doesn't need to cost $$$s but I would recommend something like a Dermalogica facial once a month. A facial should exfoliate and then there should be some steam to get rid of impurities.

Dermalogica has good products which get good results. They don't come cheap but they are not ridiculously expensive either. If you buy the products you can give yourself facials at home.

The key is to take make-up off every night and cleanse, tone, moisturise and exfoliate. Hope this helps.
Hmmm not a bad idea too...Yeah rite now should start making an effort for a good skin daily care regime...me sometimes just plain lazy to even do my own facial at times...BUT at least i still wash my face 2-3 times daily,tone,moisturise,exfoliate etc<-----(i'm still sticking to this)....
Guess it pays to be 'beautiful' other than $$ to be spent,making an extra effort,trying out 'experiment' of your own home remedies etc...
Gee do i sound vain??But again, who wouldnt want a perfect flawless skin to look at the mirror everyday...I bet everyone will definitely say YES I DO!!....unless if u really have a good gene to reliant on(count me out)...

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Fri, 15 Feb 2008 8:03 am

bluexob wrote:
queenie-me wrote:
bluexob wrote: Yup, agreed should start saving some $$...Well, i did tried with home remedies too by reading magazines on skin care,surfing net,watchin tv on beauty programme etc...and yes i've seen the result in an instant like glowing,fair and soft skin(Mix with white dried powder milk and hot water to form white thick paste and acts like a face mask daily)...but still, i couldnt get rid of my Tzone combination skin therefore its easily to prone to pimple(though its not that severe)...Even went to see a doctor, but their medication is too strong, tat it lead to excessive dry skin even in small quantity...Bought all these facial products from the cheapest to expensive brands, be it from traditional to the lastest product in the store!!None works...Feel like giving up :cry: ...This problem has been bugging me since my early teens till now(turning 21 soon)....Just slightly improve over the years but not exactly clear skin....How i yearn to have a clear and radiant skin everyday i look myself in the mirror :( ...haha
Cool...Care to share me your secret recipies to keep the tzone away??U free to private mail me too..Thanks alot queenie 8-)
cucumber + lemon blend together. use it as a mask. leave it on your face about 8-10mins. do not exceed 20 mins.
i use it 2x daily. and 1x daily after my t-zone got better

bluexob
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bluexob » Fri, 15 Feb 2008 11:51 pm

Alrite :D...Thanks a million for all your advise guys and williness of sharing secret remedies for my problem skin face....Actually i'm getting prepare for my next job interview...now i can flaunt with my new clear complexion soon and gain my confidence...(hope it works this time round)....U guys have been so helpful!!! :wink:Thank you so muchhhh