Singapore Expats

De-sensitized to violence?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
phil30k
Regular
Regular

Post by phil30k » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:34 am

Dear Ozchick,
from your description of the previous movies that made you cry you sound like a romantic who sympathizes deeply with someone martyred for love.
go read oscar wilde's the prince and the nightingale out loud.
I'd be very curious to hear if that children's fairytale would make you cry.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Re: De-sensitized to violence?

Post by ozchick » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 5:11 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:
ozchick wrote:The world has enough 'macho men' without us ladies trying to emulate them ! :wink:
Emulate? Never! Already superior beings don't emulate lesser men. :wink:
LOL ! 'You speak wisely Grasshopper' !
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Post by ozchick » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 5:23 pm

phil30k wrote:Dear Ozchick,
from your description of the previous movies that made you cry you sound like a romantic who sympathizes deeply with someone martyred for love.
go read oscar wilde's the prince and the nightingale out loud.
I'd be very curious to hear if that children's fairytale would make you cry.

Nah fairytales don't do it for me but Hansel and Gretel scares the bejesus out of me ! Aghhhh......the idea of putting kids in the oven....who could come up with such a thing and put it in a fairy-tale? Someone with a 'grim' personality I reckon ! :wink:
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 5:40 pm

ozchick wrote: of me ! Aghhhh......the idea of putting kids in the oven....who could come up with such a thing and put it in a fairy-tale?
.....Doesn't sound such a bad idea given the antics of not a few of the little brats living around me. :P :lol:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 8:34 pm

Plavt wrote:
ozchick wrote: of me ! Aghhhh......the idea of putting kids in the oven....who could come up with such a thing and put it in a fairy-tale?
.....Doesn't sound such a bad idea given the antics of not a few of the little brats living around me. :P :lol:
I know a family that drove their poor old mother into the mental home, evil is quite normal to psychopaths, apparently brought on by anti social behaviour, in areas of community neglect. being raised in this kind of environment, where parental controls are neglected, and children are left out, to fend for themselves, fall victim, to the anti social behaviours, by peer pressure or bullying.

The UK is totally out of control, when it comes to louts and pyscho's on the streets, it is another generation, much worse than the last...with no cure, other than to put them in the oven!

The family I know, gassed their 3 dogs in the oven, while they were drunk, then went in the garden to fire a shotgun, the dogs were bred to attack, anyone...when the police turned up, the other louts just tipped the police car on the side, and kicked bobby helmuts down the street.

Personally I would shoot on sight, the vermin that walks the night in wild packs, there is no other way, these animals are already instutionalised hoods, that wouldn't think twice of kicking you to death for the fun of it...not one of them would stand alone and do it.

Yes one can become detached from feelings enough to clean up, and think nothing of it! After all it is survival of the fittest, when it comes down to life or death. IN THE OVEN with them :wink: !!!

I'm all for a vigilante force to clean up, if the police or authorities fail to act and it wouldn't be the first time, i have had to drag people from their homes, because of their criminal activities.

GordonGekko
Regular
Regular

Post by GordonGekko » Wed, 13 Feb 2008 6:09 am

Ozchick,
I don't think this has so much to do with you being de-sensitized than today's filmmaker's inaptitude to grip their audience. Harrowing, realistic violence by itself, even if neatly packed into poetic camerawork and strings, is not enough. :(
I hope that the future will bring more bold filmmakers and visionary studios. :-k
You do what you are.

Return to “General Discussions”