Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 1:07 am

Abercrombie wrote:SIA will never never allow their crew to travel on public transport while in their uniform [-X. Hopefully they will increase the transport allowance to offset the hike [-o<

Hmmm.......I won't swear to it but I am sure I saw a girl in a kebaya board the MRT about one stop from the airport a few years ago. :-k

As for increasing the allowance you may be out of luck. The airline provides the girls with a changing room so they can leave the airport in civilian clothes and go home on the MRT. :o

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 1:13 am

the girl's super brave to do this. haha.. my frens are not so "steady" like the gal plavt mentioned.. guess most stewardesses take the public transport with their hair and make up on, and change at the airport..
the world at your doorstep

drusilla
Regular
Regular

Post by drusilla » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 1:20 am

Plavt wrote: Hmmm.......I won't swear to it but I am sure I saw a girl in a kebaya board the MRT about one stop from the airport a few years ago. :-k
stewardess wannabe bought kebaya in chinatown or lucky plaza... :lol: :P :lol:

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 1:27 am

stewardess wannabe bought kebaya in chinatown or lucky plaza... :lol: :P :lol:

:lol: :lol:

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 1:28 am

i have one of those! authentic uniforms have zippers on their kebaya top, while those in chinatown and lucky plaza uses buttons.. haha.. :lol:

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 1:48 am

There are some restaurant with the SQ Kebaya waitress too, Blue,Green and Red :P

Dawns

Post by Dawns » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 11:36 am

yingying2888 wrote:Dawns: no worries =) you'll be given a few mins to change cos there's a lot of gals around to try the uniforms. if i dun remember wrongly, sizes range from XS to XL for both tops and bottoms. but at walk ins, usually there will not be enuf uniforms around for you to choose the right size. if you're going for the interview, would advise you to find a gal that is your size, and get the kebaya from her. (gals from the previous grp would have been done changing when its your turn to do the walk and skin check.)

the kebaya bottom is high waisted, really at your waist kind, not hipsters. haha.. =)
Huh? not lookin v nice on it arhs? actu im v nervous for e 24th interview. dono wad preparations i sld do abt it. sld e whole outfit b v tight fitting or is just comfortable?
DEstiny n Fate.

Dawns

Post by Dawns » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 11:37 am

Abercrombie wrote:If the skirt is too long you can fold at the waist to shorten it :wink: All Kebaya are tailor made so its quite impossible to find a 100% fitting one during the interview
Thanks. :D
DEstiny n Fate.

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 1:19 pm

Dawns wrote:
Huh? not lookin v nice on it arhs? actu im v nervous for e 24th interview. dono wad preparations i sld do abt it. sld e whole outfit b v tight fitting or is just comfortable?
Perhaps you should focus more on the things they are going to ask and what you are going to answer than the size of the kebaya. If you can't even impress them in the 1st round, you won't even get to see the kebaya... Even if one fits into the kebaya nicely, also doesn't mean that they will pass the person for that round.

At the end of the day, just make sure your kebaya is neither too tight nor too loose if it is possible. Too tight then hold your breathe till the round is over, too loose bobian already. Yingying already told you what to do, just get the uniform from the girl (about your size) before your group when she changes out of it. :)

Don't think so much about it, focus on the important things my dear.
And so my journey begins... :)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 1:23 pm

christineyuki wrote:i heard from a steward friend that SQ is going to cut around 35% of their allowances
35% is a lot! Hopefully this is not true, if not the Union will be in for a hard fight. [-o<
And so my journey begins... :)

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 1:36 pm

Dawns: like wat xanngac says, the kebaya fitting and skin check round dont really have a lot for you to prepare. unless you have some skin problems, maybe you can start to prepare yourself by going to the doctors, facials etc. if not that round is pretty easy to pass if you dont have any major skin problems or exposed scars.. just remember to walk slower and natural though. i got booted out once bcos i walked too fast (if i'm not wrong) you would like to browse through the previous threads about what and how to prepare for the first rounds, 1-1 n mgmt rounds interviews. its alot tougher than the kebaya fitting.

xanngac: how's training? still having cramps anot? haha.. :wink:

pinkognito

Post by pinkognito » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 2:34 pm

deneos wrote:
baroque wrote:Has anyone receive any calls from SIA HR to start training in March?
anyone got called up for training after the march 6 intake yet? :)

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 4:23 pm

Abercrombie wrote:The newspaper is saying that economy is good and the pay have increase across all the industries. I wonder why there are still people who are now in the risk of getting their pay cut despite their company making BIG profit :???: Things are not so rosy as it seems, prices for ammenities and transport have seen an tremendous increase. From the west to the Airport will cost you around $35 one way during peak hour.... end of the day who is the one making most of the $$$ :evil:
This is why the rich gets richer... But then they're expecting profits to be cut due to fuel price increase. If the 35% cut goes through, you won't be seeing long queues for walk-ins after that! Just saying on the practical side :P Although i'm sure many people are not flying for money :)

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 5:07 pm

xanngac wrote:
christineyuki wrote:i heard from a steward friend that SQ is going to cut around 35% of their allowances
35% is a lot! Hopefully this is not true, if not the Union will be in for a hard fight. [-o<
How's your training? Bet you must be enjoying your mahjong session during CNY :P Lol, what i heard was worst than 35%, but increament in basic :-({|=
Hello there!

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 5:13 pm

Dawns wrote:Yingying,thanks!!
BTW,is e kebaya v small cut?
i seen e previous pages some girls sae must be quick in chnging. so i wanna knoe hows e size cutting? e kebaya bottom is wearing high-waist or low waist? sorry,so mani questions for you.
I took size M for both top & bottom at STC, it is very tight fitting. Try to get your bottom done before trying on the top, i find it abit hard to wear the bottom due to the tight zipping once you wear the top.

Stick back to your usual size should be fine :D Yupz, like what Yingying & Xanngac had mentioned earlier, focus on your 1-10 & 1-1 is the most impt imo.
Hello there!