Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Sat, 09 Feb 2008 4:59 pm

suuz wrote:AADVARK?

the lasik....where did you do that?? and what was the price?
i did it in JB, city square next to the causeway. The clinic is called optimax. I only dared to go, cos i had 2 frens who had it done there. i opted for the cheapest - standard lasik because i just qualified as a candidate.

what do i mean by just qualify? the cheapest form of lasik requires that your cornea be at least 530 µm thick and pupil diameter less than 7mm for it to work. If it's not within criteria you have to opt for the customised lasik or wavefront, both more expensive procedures.

my cornea was exactly 530 µm thick and my pupil diameter was exactly 7mm wide. i was advised to do the more expensive procedures so that I won't risk any side effects. but since i was strapped for cash, i did the cheapest one anyway. any side effects? well, i have experienced minimal halo effect when my eyes are dry, but it's no where as bad as what i experienced with my myopia and astigmatism. So i am spectacle-free now and really enjoying it :D

cost of standard lasik in Optimax was around SGD 1450 with free post-op treatments and free pre-checkup. Cheapest i found in sg was SGD 2500 for standard lasik at LSC at Paragon, not inclusive of post-op treatments.
Last edited by aadvark on Sat, 09 Feb 2008 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

plastic440033

Post by plastic440033 » Sat, 09 Feb 2008 6:03 pm

Hi boii18,

Im am planning to go end March to do tummy lipo with dr nara. Can i join your group?

boii18 wrote:Im going to Tokai .. depart on 21 Mar Friday night to BKK.. then take the return flight at 23 Mar around 11pm Thai Time. Anyone keen? I'm going with 2 friends already.

I'll be doing Tip-plasty and Rhino.

plastic440033

Post by plastic440033 » Sat, 09 Feb 2008 6:06 pm

wow....how is your friends result on thighs and tummy aadvark? Please share. I am doing tummy with dr nara next month and later both my thighs. thanks.

aadvark wrote:
suuz wrote:aadvark....

have you any info on how many areas of lipo those mothers of your friends have done in one 'visit'?? Uhmmm and when did they leave after the surgery?? As i wanna go to Bali i would have to fly from KL to Denpasar and have to arrange that flight

the rest, from BKK to Hadyai can go by a nighttrain an arrange when i arrive (as i don't mind being broke as the surgery will do me in anyway LOL), and can take a coach to KL.

and do you know if he does endoscopic browlift? (and a price?)

gosh...i wanted vaser better but the prices are just 5 times as much...and people have gotten lipo for ages...(but really i m scared can tell you that!!)

aadvark, please hope you can give me some info

and uhmmmm if i would have a few areas...i am in asia for 6 weeks...maybe i can go there again for more lipo or would that be stupid??? I mean not healthy.

I don't mind how i look i have 6 weeks away from home and wear long pants anyway as i cannot take sun well

suuz
hi there, sorry, been away due to the lunar new year festivities, haha, been eating so much that nara shld not have an excuse to turn me away for lipo this time! :P

i'm not very familiar with lipo procedures yet as I've only got it done on my face, but my fren's sister did her thighs and tummy a few mths back at Nara's. basically the nurse told her can only do 1 area each day - so thighs wld be 1 area, and the tummy a 2nd area, that wld be 2 days altogether...

not too sure how many areas u can do consecutively, but from what i see, dun think there is a maximum, which is the whole point of breaking it into different days i think, so that you won't overtax your body...

happyliving

My Nose Red & Swollen Again

Post by happyliving » Sat, 09 Feb 2008 8:03 pm

Hi All,
I'm really at a loss and don't know what to do. My nose is red and swollen again and this is the 2nd time liao.
I had my nose implant at Dr Nara on 4-Dec'07 and everything was OK. It suddenly red and swollen on 19-Dec'07 and deswell after taking antibiotics for a week. It started to deswell on the 3rd or the 4th day after taking antibiotics. After that, I noticed a small lump at the tip inside my nose and I thought it was the cutting part that needed to be healed. I just asked Shal0m whether is she having the same as me but no. She isn't having any lump at all.
Now, it's already my 5th day on antibiotics but my nose still looked the same, red and swollen. The lump is still there. My family wanted me to go back to remove the implant saying that I'm not suitable for it. My body had rejected it twice. It's not easy for me to accept my new nose and now I have to give it up. I really don't want to give up now.
Now it's CNY and everybody is celebrating. I have to stay at home to heal my nose. I'm not taking any seafood too. I'm at a loss and I really don't want to go back to remove the implant.
Anyone experience the same as me? Please kindly share......

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Re: My Nose Red & Swollen Again

Post by aadvark » Sat, 09 Feb 2008 8:44 pm

happyliving wrote:Hi All,
I'm really at a loss and don't know what to do. My nose is red and swollen again and this is the 2nd time liao.
I had my nose implant at Dr Nara on 4-Dec'07 and everything was OK. It suddenly red and swollen on 19-Dec'07 and deswell after taking antibiotics for a week. It started to deswell on the 3rd or the 4th day after taking antibiotics. After that, I noticed a small lump at the tip inside my nose and I thought it was the cutting part that needed to be healed. I just asked Shal0m whether is she having the same as me but no. She isn't having any lump at all.
Now, it's already my 5th day on antibiotics but my nose still looked the same, red and swollen. The lump is still there. My family wanted me to go back to remove the implant saying that I'm not suitable for it. My body had rejected it twice. It's not easy for me to accept my new nose and now I have to give it up. I really don't want to give up now.
Now it's CNY and everybody is celebrating. I have to stay at home to heal my nose. I'm not taking any seafood too. I'm at a loss and I really don't want to go back to remove the implant.
there is another girl who did it at nara end dec, who last week got an infection again for 2nd time, we think is because she has been smoking and drinking which might have brought about the infection... she is on antibiotics again also...

think positive, our body responds very much to our emotions... take more papaya to fight the infection, and pineapples to curb the swelling, and eat really really healthy for next few weeks, lots of water too to purge the toxins!

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Sat, 09 Feb 2008 10:36 pm

Wah...dun scare me leh coze I m going next wk..
Anyone who has done alarplasty and rhinoplasty kindly enlight me this :?

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 3:25 am

snowss wrote:
Wah...dun scare me leh coze I m going next wk..
Anyone who has done alarplasty and rhinoplasty kindly enlight me this :?
like every other surgery, there is a certain amount of risk involved, one of it is our bodies' inability to fight infection and the other is rejection of foreign implant in the body...

the latter is very rare, usually infection is more common... but is easily treated with antibiotics... in the meanwhile, during recovery, make sure you eat right, live right, and exercise helps with the immune system too!

i had infection for my chin implant after my 1st surgery in dec 06, but it was healed quite fast with more antibiotics... some ppl weaker will require more help to fight the infection... so the antibiotics that nara provides is enough for some ppl, and not enough for others

osaka1002

Post by osaka1002 » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 10:42 am

I don't think food can against infection
if your sowllen and redness persist or get worse
you have to remove your silicone implant

sometimes once you have an infection with silicone implant
it will be happen at other day
because silicone is a foreign body to our body
and silicone gets capsule formation around it

happyliving

Post by happyliving » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 11:57 am

[quote="aadvark]
there is another girl who did it at nara end dec, who last week got an infection again for 2nd time, we think is because she has been smoking and drinking which might have brought about the infection... she is on antibiotics again also...

think positive, our body responds very much to our emotions... take more papaya to fight the infection, and pineapples to curb the swelling, and eat really really healthy for next few weeks, lots of water too to purge the toxins![/quote]

But I don't drink and smoke lei. Could it be due to the cold weather in HK as I just came back end Jan'08? Other than that, I can't think of anything else....
Yes, I'm drinking lots of water especially herbal drink now. Hope it do helps...but still, super sian now. No mood at all.....

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 4:06 pm

I heard tat on the 6th day after surgery, u have to get the stitches removed by the local GP huh?
May I know where is it? Can anyone give me the address for it?

Or do I have to find GP frm Plastic surgery dept like Mount E?? Or just the normal neighbourhood GP?

suuz
Regular
Regular

Post by suuz » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 5:22 pm

aadvark wrote:
suuz wrote:aadvark....

have you any info on how many areas of lipo those mothers of your friends have done in one 'visit'?? Uhmmm and when did they leave after the surgery?? As i wanna go to Bali i would have to fly from KL to Denpasar and have to arrange that flight

the rest, from BKK to Hadyai can go by a nighttrain an arrange when i arrive (as i don't mind being broke as the surgery will do me in anyway LOL), and can take a coach to KL.

and do you know if he does endoscopic browlift? (and a price?)

gosh...i wanted vaser better but the prices are just 5 times as much...and people have gotten lipo for ages...(but really i m scared can tell you that!!)

aadvark, please hope you can give me some info

and uhmmmm if i would have a few areas...i am in asia for 6 weeks...maybe i can go there again for more lipo or would that be stupid??? I mean not healthy.

I don't mind how i look i have 6 weeks away from home and wear long pants anyway as i cannot take sun well

suuz
hi there, sorry, been away due to the lunar new year festivities, haha, been eating so much that nara shld not have an excuse to turn me away for lipo this time! :P

i'm not very familiar with lipo procedures yet as I've only got it done on my face, but my fren's sister did her thighs and tummy a few mths back at Nara's. basically the nurse told her can only do 1 area each day - so thighs wld be 1 area, and the tummy a 2nd area, that wld be 2 days altogether...

not too sure how many areas u can do consecutively, but from what i see, dun think there is a maximum, which is the whole point of breaking it into different days i think, so that you won't overtax your body...
Hi aadvark,

in europe (where i am from) they do 4 areas without GA, so i guess i could do that . It has to do with the amount of skin that is targeted (skin is the biggest organ). I just have fat in the midsection of the body from the belly waist hips thighs...so i geuus i will strat there . It is a 2 sizes different from the top(shoulders etc) so i always feel out of proportion.

thanks suuz

superman0011

Post by superman0011 » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 6:02 pm

aadvark ... i abit curious leh... when you say dbl eyelid( cutting & stitching ) hor ... you mean he does both method ? cos i wanna do a more permanent eyelid ( incision ) .

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 8:30 pm

osaka1002 wrote:I don't think food can against infection
if your sowllen and redness persist or get worse
you have to remove your silicone implant

sometimes once you have an infection with silicone implant
it will be happen at other day
because silicone is a foreign body to our body
and silicone gets capsule formation around it
of cos food can help fight against infection, our medicines are not all synthetic u know, a lot of it is distilled from foods!

infection may arise from us not taking care at the place of the wound where the implant was inserted and not necessary reaction to the implant itself

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 8:36 pm

happyliving wrote:
aadvark wrote: there is another girl who did it at nara end dec, who last week got an infection again for 2nd time, we think is because she has been smoking and drinking which might have brought about the infection... she is on antibiotics again also...

think positive, our body responds very much to our emotions... take more papaya to fight the infection, and pineapples to curb the swelling, and eat really really healthy for next few weeks, lots of water too to purge the toxins!
But I don't drink and smoke lei. Could it be due to the cold weather in HK as I just came back end Jan'08? Other than that, I can't think of anything else....
Yes, I'm drinking lots of water especially herbal drink now. Hope it do helps...but still, super sian now. No mood at all.....
can imagine, i was very sien about the dimples too, took forever to heal and had to cover up with plaster for a whole mth...

just shrug it off and dun think about it... if anyone asks just say got some growth there lor... as long as u stop caring how ppl see it, u will stop stressing urself out...
Last edited by aadvark on Mon, 11 Feb 2008 6:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

suuz
Regular
Regular

Post by suuz » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 4:54 am

Aadvark...

you are funny, you had dimples made....

I have then since birth....and i can tell you...it gives me facial wrinkle now. It used to be a cute dimple but i must be smiling a lot...

so that you know what is waiting for you ;-)