Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
slavesquarter

Re: Should I?

Post by slavesquarter » Thu, 07 Feb 2008 5:16 pm

Last edited by slavesquarter on Wed, 12 Mar 2008 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rayetea520

Post by rayetea520 » Thu, 07 Feb 2008 6:00 pm

yingying2888 wrote:thanks raine! =)
Hey,will u be going dis coming 24 Feb interview?Im malaysian too^^
Hi,I Am Rachelle aka Mimi

Alessia

Post by Alessia » Thu, 07 Feb 2008 6:49 pm

Plavt wrote: Nasty? Since you are new you would be surprised how many posts I have seen where it is obvious that people never look at the airline's website yet this is one vital component of the interview in which they often or can let themselves down. Surely you don't need to be 'nurse-maided' throughout your life do you. Flight attendants often have to think for themselves.:o

Exactly the question or questions are asked time and time again. :roll:
I`m sorry if what i had commenting have offended you in any way.

Not trying to pick fights here but I just thought that the comment you gave was a little too harsh.

I`ll just keep my comments to myself next time then. (:
I wanna SOAR! :3

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Thu, 07 Feb 2008 11:17 pm

yea..i agree with u in this plavt..sometimes i was wondering y those ppl cant take a lil effort to get the simple answer to the simple question that they asked...n its a bit unfair to those who done their homework n have to spoonfeed the rest that dun even bother to at least try to find the answer..but anyway,happy chinese new year everyone... :D

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Thu, 07 Feb 2008 11:25 pm

hafiz_ wrote:
yellowpig wrote:hello im back !
hahah, anyway i'm curious, SIA's 4months training right.. whats the schedule like? is it 7days a week or 5day week 9am-6pm kind ?
heyaaa,

it's 5 days a week, 8.30 to slightly past 5 i believe? hmm. but i do know of some batches who've got saturday classes. :)
Usually it's from 8.30 to 5.15 but it also depends on your instructor. If your instructor has lots of things to say everyday, then you can only leave like 5.30 or later.

But I heard those batches commencing training in Feb onwards will have to come back on Saturdays for training... Probably not every saturday? Not sure about this, haven't got to ask those in the Feb intake. But just be mentally prepared that this might be the case lor.
And so my journey begins... :)

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Fri, 08 Feb 2008 1:45 am

You guys are all so excited to start training, so if there is a training on Saturday or Sunday it will be better right... :P

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Fri, 08 Feb 2008 10:15 am

Abercrombie wrote:You guys are all so excited to start training, so if there is a training on Saturday or Sunday it will be better right... :P
No!! I wouldn't want extra training on Saturday, even if it means I'll graduate earlier. I think my poor hair, face and nails need a break from all those makeup, hair wax and nail polish on Saturday and Sunday to recharge themselves hahaha. :P
And so my journey begins... :)

Dawns

Post by Dawns » Fri, 08 Feb 2008 8:18 pm

how do they go about with the skin check?
do they check that u have tattoos den kick u out alr?
or? Please reply. i need some guidance.
DEstiny n Fate.

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Fri, 08 Feb 2008 8:40 pm

rayetea520 wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:thanks raine! =)
Hey,will u be going dis coming 24 Feb interview?Im malaysian too^^
hi there.. i've passed all the interviews on 8th jan and medical.. am now awiting for my results and SIA to apply the employment pass for me. =)
the world at your doorstep

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Fri, 08 Feb 2008 8:42 pm

Dawns: you might want to check up on the previous pages again. sooo many people have asked about this question before. if you're so keen on the job, maybe you could be more hardworking. every single tiny thingy you need to know about the interviews are somewhere in this thread. :D

Dawns

Post by Dawns » Fri, 08 Feb 2008 10:12 pm

Yingying,thank you.
i did read previous pages.
but den no one really talk about girls with tattoos wad e skin heck ple will do.

It's rather rude to type in all boldface type unless you a making a very strong point.

Thanks,
DEstiny n Fate.

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Fri, 08 Feb 2008 10:32 pm

hmm.. i do remember several posts about tattoos thou. anyway skin check checks for scars and tattoos you have on exposed areas of your skin where you're wearing the kebaya, under a spot light placed at about 1-1.5 m away from you. of cos tattoos that are exposed will not be accepted.. obvious scars that cannot be concealed under the light will not be accepted as well.. hope this helps. =)

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Fri, 08 Feb 2008 10:39 pm

yingying2888 wrote:hmm.. i do remember several posts about tattoos thou. anyway skin check checks for scars and tattoos you have on exposed areas of your skin where you're wearing the kebaya, under a spot light placed at about 1-1.5 m away from you. of cos tattoos that are exposed will not be accepted.. obvious scars that cannot be concealed under the light will not be accepted as well.. hope this helps. =)
yingying, mayb the thread were gone? remember when this forum being hacked?all the posts b4 dec were gone! :(

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Fri, 08 Feb 2008 10:48 pm

oh yea! sorry dawns.. i really forgot about that part. =)

Dawns

Post by Dawns » Fri, 08 Feb 2008 10:56 pm

Yingying,e kebaya is the stewardess we see in airport wearing one? or?? Thnaks ur advice did relli help me alot on my doubts.
DEstiny n Fate.