Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
isabelle85

Post by isabelle85 » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 1:06 pm

dara, dun be worried k. I was not measured any shorter that day. 168cm and 167.5cm. You try tip-toeing from the heels or tie those curry-pok hair with black pins and hair spray it, so that it will be hard and some volume is created =)

Eneres

Post by Eneres » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 1:31 pm

Hey,

I wonder if there is any write in before 24 Feb. 24 Feb seems very long away. Sigh! I can't wait.....He! He! :)
Yours Truly

baroque

Post by baroque » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 1:31 pm

I have gotten my scoliosis results. The result is approximiately 20 degrees. Does anyone know whether SIA will accept or reject me? I am very worried, hope someone can give me some answers :cry:

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 1:51 pm

[quote="baroque"]I have gotten my scoliosis results. The result is approximiately 20 degrees. Does anyone know whether SIA will accept or reject me? I am very worried, hope someone can give me some answers :cry:[/quote

SIA's requirement for scoliosis is UNDER 20 DEGREES.

so if yours if 20, i'm afraid u MIGHT NOT be able to pass it.

but if its about 17,18 den i THINK it should be~ fine.
the world at your doorstep.

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 1:54 pm

baroque wrote:I have gotten my scoliosis results. The result is approximiately 20 degrees. Does anyone know whether SIA will accept or reject me? I am very worried, hope someone can give me some answers :cry:
Baroque: SIA imposed the scoliosis check because a curved spine recruit could face medical problems due to long standing hours. It would be better if you can get a second opinion about this matter. There are cases whereby candidates whom are unsuccessful with their medical results are removed.
Even with slight curvuture, the appointed medical panel would inform you about the results and you would have to fork out SGD150.00 to go through another X ray appointment. I suggest you to get a second opinion from the doctor and see what rectification can be made.

Luc85

Post by Luc85 » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 2:05 pm

Eneres wrote:Hey,

I wonder if there is any write in before 24 Feb. 24 Feb seems very long away. Sigh! I can't wait.....He! He! :)
if u want, u can rush to Temasek Poly NOW, there is an interview.

http://www.tp.edu.sg/career2008

For graduates and students interested in SIA, interview sessions will be conducted at:

Venue: Temasek Arts Centre (TAC), Admin Block, Level 1 (near koi pond)
Time: 2pm to 5pm, 1 February 2008 (Fri)

jeanette_tohjh
Regular
Regular

Post by jeanette_tohjh » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 4:36 pm

i got my training date ler!!!

14th Febuary!!! V-Day! wat a day! hahaha...

anybody starting on 14th Feb??? kekeke...

rev12000
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rev12000 » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 5:19 pm

jeanette_tohjh wrote:i got my training date ler!!!

Same here, me too. :wink:
Do NoT TaKe LaZY PeoPLe aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe, aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe Do NoT CaRe aBouT aNYTHiNG. LaZY PeoPLe CaRe, JuST THaT THeY Do NoT Do aNYTHiNG aBouT iT.

baroque

Post by baroque » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 7:06 pm

rainschocolate & pinklittlefigure - thanks, I'll see how when I've gotten my news.

deviana-dee

Post by deviana-dee » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 8:18 pm

akiheartfelt wrote:Hey just wondering, i heard that they will check your height again at skin check, is it true? After changing out and everything or in the kebaya?
yes, they will check your height and weight before your kebaya round :)
counting down to February 26...

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 9:25 pm

hey people, those going tomorrow please be aware of the dress code yep. for guys, no shorts, tshirts and slippers allowed. berms and sandals (with straps at the back) are fine. for more info, checkout flytheskies.wordpress. thanks a bunch! and woo hoo! 1000th page! up and away!

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 10:49 pm

rev12000 wrote:
jeanette_tohjh wrote:i got my training date ler!!!

Same here, me too. :wink:

oh. ashton is startin on the 14th TOO!
the world at your doorstep.

aliciagloria
Regular
Regular

Post by aliciagloria » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 10:50 pm

HeLLOOO!! I also cant wait for 24 feb hence i went to TP for the interview today! haha...I'm not a current student but a graduate from there..luckily grad oso can...total no. of students applied are arnd 100 plus unlike those walk-in at hotels are in thousands...

Its still 4 rounds of interview but slightly different. My 1st round only 1 interviewer instead of 2. 5/10 made it to round 2 and I'm one of them. After that than they ask u to fill in the form n take height. Some gals made it to rnd 2 but fail at height measurement. The qn asked was Self Intro + Wat qualities do u think an SIA gal should have. I think most students juz try for fun to c if they can get in. There's this malay gal who juz said " she muz b cheerful" and she sat down...she didnt made it to round 2 thou. They will contact me for my round 2 date, i think it'll b at STC n hopefully this time no spot light. hehe.

Seems like SIA is doin more recruitment in polys as well so I forsee write-in will b lesser now. =(

streets
Regular
Regular

Post by streets » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 11:03 pm

aliciagloria wrote: HeLLOOO!! I also cant wait for 24 feb hence i went to TP for the interview today! haha...I'm not a current student but a graduate from there..luckily grad oso can...total no. of students applied are arnd 100 plus unlike those walk-in at hotels are in thousands...
hello! i was qualified for round 2 too. but i didn't come prepared for the long application form (similiar to the write-in) so i left out some infos, like my wprkplace addresses (back in 2004) =\ anyway, i was asked to do a self-intro, and what features do i like about myself..i think more than half of my group got qualified for 2nd round.

yes, i've overheard a few girls saying 'just try for fun', and just because their friends are joining, they signed up too. :-|
Last edited by streets on Sat, 02 Feb 2008 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aliciagloria
Regular
Regular

Post by aliciagloria » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 11:08 pm

Hi Streets,

wat course r u in? I was from IT. hehe. wow, ur grp the students r nt bad....They will prob email us the details for round 2, so if u did write ur email add that's fine. Cya tomr for e gathering! we can tok more den.

There is no need to quote several quote, within quotes that wastes space in the database (use only the relevant sentence(s)) and threads or parts of threads have to be disposed of. Please note: at least one poster complained it is difficult to find things because of this. The poster who posted before you will know you are talking to them, if you are not sure then simply begin your post with their name. Very simple to do and thank you for your co-operation

Moderator.