Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 2:23 am

mentelism wrote:It is stated in SIA rules and regulations that tattooed and drawn on eyebrows are not allowed and eyebrows must be shaped.
It is better to start leaving the eyebrow alone so it has enough time to make its regrowth.
u mean for those who naturally draw eyebrow because they have very light hair nt acceptable??... bt almost all the crew draw eyebrow mah....[/quote]

i think what they meant was...

tattooed- those literally tattooed on, known as WEN MEI, permanent and is usually brown or other colours.

drawn on- like u got no eye brows (shave all) and use pencil to draw a line to replace your brows.

i think those brows that are trimmed and used pencil to elongate or to make it look nicer are not counted.
i trim my brows too and used pencil to make it look better, and had no problems with brows during the interview.
the world at your doorstep.

mentelism

Post by mentelism » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 2:26 am

rainschocolate wrote:hey Joycie!!

how was your medical?

i had to go back for 2nd xray and it was $150!! ouch. =\
u mean medical check up is on our own expenses ah???.... :-k

mentelism

Post by mentelism » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 2:30 am

rainschocolate wrote:
mentelism wrote:It is stated in SIA rules and regulations that tattooed and drawn on eyebrows are not allowed and eyebrows must be shaped.
It is better to start leaving the eyebrow alone so it has enough time to make its regrowth.
u mean for those who naturally draw eyebrow because they have very light hair nt acceptable??... bt almost all the crew draw eyebrow mah....

i think what they meant was...

tattooed- those literally tattooed on, known as WEN MEI, permanent and is usually brown or other colours.

drawn on- like u got no eye brows (shave all) and use pencil to draw a line to replace your brows.

i think those brows that are trimmed and used pencil to elongate or to make it look nicer are not counted.
i trim my brows too and used pencil to make it look better, and had no problems with brows during the interview.[/quote]

oh ok... wa ming pai liao... hehe.. :oops:

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 2:32 am

mentelism wrote:

how was your medical?

nope. all expenses fully sponsored by SIA. but raine had to go back to the clinic for another xray cos she has slight scoliosis (curved spine)

btw, HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MENTELISM!

so many january babies here man.. =)
the world at your doorstep

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 2:37 am

llentimes wrote:
Plavt wrote:Folks can you please stop arguing otherwise I will either have to lock the thread or worse delete it! There is no need for a running battle, if somebody says something you don't like then don't respond to it.

I am not going to name any names but the person or persons concerned know who they are so from here on would you please, please give it a rest?

Thank you for your co-operation.

Plavt, please dont delete this thread those there is alot of valuable infomations here and is very important for those trying the upcoming SIA interview.

Everyone, Peace and value what we have here. :oops:
Thanks
apologies llentimes. :oops:
the world at your doorstep

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 2:39 am

rinnuwatanabe wrote:
So anyone have any problem now? dont gossip its aint gd. Don't be OXYMORON.

Only for those who think they're nurotic PM me then________

Coz i love to entertained pple with the lowest order of mental retardation

:cool:
Remarks like this aren't necessary and provocative to say the least kindly desist, I really don't want to spend my time deleting posts or chastising users.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 2:44 am

rinnuwatanabe wrote:
Do i referring to anyone? i said whoever think u r the one??..... am i right??? so what do u think about urslf now?? :cool:
.......and this too- we call it disruptive. :shock:

mentelism

Post by mentelism » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 3:29 am

yingying2888 wrote:
mentelism wrote:

how was your medical?

nope. all expenses fully sponsored by SIA. but raine had to go back to the clinic for another xray cos she has slight scoliosis (curved spine)

btw, HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MENTELISM!

so many january babies here man.. =)

alamak darling... paiseh ley... nt my b'day yet lah... mine mth starts with 'J' oso bt nt january lah... u misread the thread... :oops:

Hikari82

Post by Hikari82 » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 3:30 am

Well Admin Plavt.. I think u just solved all our problems... Going to get some sleep now... gotta wake at 7am... 845am is my mgmt interview... hopefully I can join u gers in the cabin.... Anyone's interview scheduled later?

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 7:32 am

u mean for those who naturally draw eyebrow because they have very light hair nt acceptable??... bt almost all the crew draw eyebrow mah....[/quote]

The eyebrow should not be scrawny and they should at least be some "real" eyebrow that can be seen. Drawing eyebrow is to make the eyebrow even and visible. Most importantly, you should not have thin and sparse eyebrow and if you do now, let it grow out before heading to a beautician to shaped them :D

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 7:35 am

mentelism wrote:

how was your medical?

Medical check up is sponsored by SIA and it is done by their panel doctor that is located in Paragon.
Foreigners have to do an extra blood test and chest x ray for work pass application :D

deviana-dee

Post by deviana-dee » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 7:54 am

mentelism wrote:
acceber wrote:
starrynitezz wrote: i find that sq are kinda strict with the measurement thingy..n seems like their scales always measure ppl 1 or 2cm short.. :o

i went to silkair recruitment last aug, i rem theres 2 gers (who proceeded to the management round) around 157cm .. if u don mind, u may wana try that

n.. i rem reading somewhere in this forum that some US airlines takes in ppl who are around ur height... hope that helps...
ok. now i learnt to quote to reply. ha! newbie here.

man!! then that's pretty unlucky for me!
umm... i'm trying other airlines as well, like SilkAir?
waiting for their next recruitment! ;)

at least i think they... dun haf skin check, do they? ha~
No dear... they do have skin check.. when u get to thru to their 2nd second round(so called).. its their uniform fitting plus skin check and WCT in one day.... bt so far as i can rmbr they do not take anymore height measurement...
hey just to share with you,i have a friend who is 157 and she got through Silk Air :)

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 8:09 am

deviana-dee wrote:
mentelism wrote:
acceber wrote: ok. now i learnt to quote to reply. ha! newbie here.

man!! then that's pretty unlucky for me!
umm... i'm trying other airlines as well, like SilkAir?
waiting for their next recruitment! ;)

at least i think they... dun haf skin check, do they? ha~
No dear... they do have skin check.. when u get to thru to their 2nd second round(so called).. its their uniform fitting plus skin check and WCT in one day.... bt so far as i can rmbr they do not take anymore height measurement...
hey just to share with you,i have a friend who is 157 and she got through Silk Air :)
I also do have a friend who was 157cm in height. She was rejected twice at the door and the final try she attempted which was her 3rd, the lady interviewer "close one eye" and allowed her to go for the interview and she passed it with flying colour. Borderline height cases are very considered case to case basis :D

deviana-dee

Post by deviana-dee » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 8:16 am

haha, yeah . i guess so. pinklittlefigure! do you sleep?! It so early in the morning and you are already online! :o

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 8:32 am

deviana-dee wrote:haha, yeah . i guess so. pinklittlefigure! do you sleep?! It so early in the morning and you are already online! :o
I reach office at 7:15am daily even though i start at 8:00am :D
Thus you will normally see me here in the forum early in the morning