Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
HippiEeEe

Post by HippiEeEe » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 5:51 pm

Hi Jeanette!

:D CONGRATS!!!

Care to share your experience with us?

:wink: Many thanks!
Last edited by HippiEeEe on Mon, 28 Jan 2008 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Embrace the Day with Power Confidence! ^^v

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 5:53 pm

Expats' gathering
Date/Day/Time: 2nd Feb, Saturday, 1 plus 2
Event: Lunch followed by karaoke session
Venue: Probably NUS Guildhouse at Suntec

1) Abercrombie Free only After 7PM
2) okieping
3) rainschocolate
4) yingying2888 confirmed
5) Sokeai confirmed
6) zetpeh confirmed
7) hafiz_ confirmed
8) sheepish
9) jlkm2005
10) iwannefly confirmed
11) xanngac
12) aliciagloria
13) rx_aelix
14) zandlelightz
15) Destinee
16) Hikari82
17) rurik0
18) rinnuwatanabe
19) jas
21) streets

hey people, the details are more or less confirmed. so let's do this chop chop! could you guys kindly confirm if you're going? so i can chop chop collate the list and get lynnie to do the booking. thanks a bunch!

waggiee

Post by waggiee » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 5:56 pm

jeanette_tohjh wrote:Hi!!! It's me again...

Just came back from the interview... and... YESH... i made it thru the 1-1 interview... but due to time constraint again... my management is being postpone to tml... gosh... :???:

I am really HAPPY... kekeke...

Hope I can continue to bring back good news to u all again tml!!!! :D

JIAYOU! JIAYOU! JIAYOU
Congrats! :D

aliciagloria
Regular
Regular

Post by aliciagloria » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 6:01 pm

iwannefly wrote:
Sokeai wrote:
hafiz_ wrote:Expats' gathering
Date/Day/Time: 2nd Feb, Saturday, 1 plus 2
Event: Lunch followed by karaoke session
Venue: Probably NUS Guildhouse at Suntec

1) Abercrombie
2) okieping
3) rainschocolate
4) yingying2888 confirmed
5) Sokeai confirmed
6) zetpeh
7) hafiz_ confirmed
8) sheepish
9) jlkm2005
10) iwannefly confirmed
11) xanngac
12) aliciagloria confirmed
13) rx_aelix
14) zandlelightz
15) Destinee
16) Hikari82
17) rurik0
18) rinnuwatanabe
19) jas
21) streets

hey people, the details are more or less confirmed. so let's do this chop chop! could you guys kindly confirm if you're going? so i can chop chop collate the list and get lynnie to do the booking. thanks a bunch! :)

iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Post by iwannefly » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 6:02 pm

Just came back from the interview... and... YESH... i made it thru the 1-1 interview... but due to time constraint again... my management is being postpone to tml... gosh... :???:

JIAYOU! JIAYOU! JIAYOU
Congrats babe ^^

Jia you for ur management tml.. =D
Will not give up my dream to fly!! =D
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward

neddy

Post by neddy » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 6:03 pm

deviana-dee wrote:
yellowpig wrote:sad sad.. till now still nobody tell me if braces will kill the chances of getting selected ? or i missed the reply ?

CONGRATS TO THOSE WHO MADE IT YO!
hmm, i don think so.. there was this girl who was in my group, we were at the kebaya round, the interviewer said that she needs to remove her braces before she comes for interview ( even though she's going to take it out in another couple of months)

dee.
hi there,

I went for a write in interview in kl (jan,13) with my braces on. I managed to pass until the kebaya round when i was kicked out and were asked to come back until my braces removed. So am going to try again when i have my steel teeth removed! ;p
Last edited by neddy on Mon, 28 Jan 2008 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 6:03 pm

Abercombie wrote:1) Abercrombie Free only After 7PM
Wah lao, you don't always chu stun leh. Think you can get away from us that easy? You are wrong! We shall hunt you down :evil:
Last edited by Sokeai on Mon, 28 Jan 2008 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello there!

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 6:04 pm

JIAYOU! JIAYOU! JIAYOU
Congratz and all the best for your mgmt! :)
Hello there!

aliciagloria
Regular
Regular

Next Walk-In interview

Post by aliciagloria » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 6:09 pm

Hey this is wat i heard....
Next Walk-In interview date is 24 Feb 08

Apprantly, the interviewer told a gal who failed to try again on 24 Feb walk-in.

So Gear up and get ready! Hopefully there'll b a write-in soon...i feel write-in easier......at least for the Kebaya+Skin Check round. No spotlight to shine on ur face!

rx_aelix
Regular
Regular

Re: Next Walk-In interview

Post by rx_aelix » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 6:23 pm

aliciagloria wrote:Hey this is wat i heard....

Apprantly, the interviewer told a gal who failed to try again on 24 Feb walk-in.

So Gear up and get ready! Hopefully there'll b a write-in soon...i feel write-in easier......at least for the Kebaya+Skin Check round. No spotlight to shine on ur face!
yea.. i also think like wise i hope?

I did badly too.. :cry:

aliciagloria
Regular
Regular

Post by aliciagloria » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 6:27 pm

rx_aelix wrote:

Don't give up!! we can always try again...If u read 1 of my post earlier, they told me I dont have the SIA looks & failed me at Kebaya.....this is even More saddening...but i feel looks wise r very subjective, 1 interviewer may like ur face & others may not.....hmm.

jeanette_tohjh
Regular
Regular

Post by jeanette_tohjh » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 6:41 pm

i am going to share my experience with u ppl...

round 1 (self-intro) 270108

- i am the last speaker and the truth is i am super duper nervous... but when its about my turn to speak... i tell myself... JEANETTE TOH... i have to be calm... and even if i am not... i must not show it!!! hahahaha... so i took a deep breath... stand up... SMILE!!! and i start to talk... haha...
hmm... i cannot remember wat i say exactly... but i i talk about

- my character (cheerful, positive, happy-go-lucky, easy to get along...)
- wat i enjoy doing (helping ppl... customer service...)
- i talk about my strong points like team-work, leadership etc etc... i elaborate that i am very active during my school days... primary school - perfect, secondary school - consellor, poly - student leader... i participate in many activities and competitions... bla bla bla...

this is my 9th attempt... so i figure that... i really have to stay calm... be composed... speak clearly and nicely... and i really did it this time... i speak really clearly n nicely... and of coz i had that million dollar smile on my face thru out my entire speech... kekeke... the interviewers are 2 guys in the middle age... and i was really comfortable though nervous when i was talking... but i guess i some how manage to get the attention of the interviewers... anyway comments from my grp of gals was that... my voice sound really comfortable... and they were listening to me talking comfortably... and they tot i was really cool n calm n confident when i am actually super duper nervous! hahaha :wink:
so... the catch is to hide ur flaws! speak clearly... appear confident but approachable... be cheerful... smile... okay? heez...

4/10 passed!

uniform fitting n skin check

- guess for mine is little different... coz there wasn't enough time as we are the last few grps... we were all asked to go into the ballroom... we had our skin check without even changing into the kebaya! so those who passed the skin check are then only allow to change into the kebaya (save time)

*skin check*
-2 spot lights place on the table which will be shining directly at ur face...
-check ur hands for scars...

those who dun have perfect complexion... fret not... coz i dun have a good complexion either... TRUST ME... but i did try my best to conceal watever scars that i had... and i had this BIG SMILE on me at all time... haha...

*kebaya*
guess this is much simpler...
-change into the super tight fitting kebaya... haha... the lady gave me M size... i think i need a L size... gosh.... hahaha... and get a pair of sandals...
-walk naturally but with good posture... and of coz SMILE! haha...
- they will check for posture, the way u walk and ur neck area... front n back...

just need to maintain good posture!!! walk naturally... dun cat-walk... just naturally with good posture! and as usual... SMILE!!! :D

6/10 passed

round 2 (1-1 interview) 280108 @ STC

i got a lady interviewer... she is really nice and frendly...
i was asked to intro myself again... and this time... i talk about my voluntary service at alexandra hospital... hmm... not much questions was asked... but i knew i talk alot... keke... :lol:

questions asked...
- wat kind of service do i give to the patients during my vouluntary work
- wat are the difficulties met and how i handle it
- why did i leave my previous job
- why do i wanna join SIA as a cabin crew

after tat i was ask to read a passage... just like oral... hehe.... just read it out loud and clear... okay?

just like wat other ppl adivse me... just keep calm n stay composed! dun not talk nonsense... speak with a clear mind so that when they ask questions u can answer more tactfully... dun bad mouth about your previous employer... speak clearly... keep that sweet smile on...

i am not sure how many ppl went for the 1-1 interview today... but i can say the passing rate is quite good... i only see 3 or 4 gals being rejected... and there are about 20 of us there...

ya... thats all folk! hee... 8-)

will be going for my final interview tml... keeping my fingers crossed...
hope i will be able to bring back more good news again tml...

anyway... i just rvcd a call from a gal whose final interview is held today... she made it... and she is going for her medical check up on wednesday... and as she can start immediately... the lady actually say she can start training on 4 Feb!!! woah... thats fast... less then a week... is tat possible??? hmm... anyway... all the best to the ppl who are going for their 1-1 interview tml... and final interviews in the near future... good luck to myself too... JIAYOU! JIAYOU! JIAYOU! :wink:
Last edited by jeanette_tohjh on Mon, 28 Jan 2008 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rx_aelix
Regular
Regular

Post by rx_aelix » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 6:46 pm

aliciagloria wrote:
rx_aelix wrote:

Don't give up!! we can always try again...If u read 1 of my post earlier, they told me I dont have the SIA looks & failed me at Kebaya.....this is even More saddening...but i feel looks wise r very subjective, 1 interviewer may like ur face & others may not.....hmm.
ya.. i totally screwed up during my self intro.. what i have prepared all gone down the drain with a sudden (BLANK) in my mind.. guess I really have to keep practicing my self intro till it drill into my head, no matter what machine come and try to destory also no use... :?

Akire

Post by Akire » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 6:54 pm

Hi friends, thanks alot for all your tips and advices and most importantly all of ur encouragement.
This comment was suppose to be up yesterday but I was too dead after the walk-in.
The waiting time actually tires me out but it was worth it!
It was my first time trying out for the kebaya and it was like a dream come true for me. I felt so so blessed then and really hope I can wear the kebaya for long and get selected by SIA.
I am now waiting for my 3rd round which will be tomorrow. Hopefully everything turns out well. Pray for me :D

jeanette_tohjh
Regular
Regular

Post by jeanette_tohjh » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 6:59 pm

and yeah... i also heard a lady from SIA saying that there will be a recruitment soon in Febuary...

so.................. GALS... keep trying!!! DUN GIVE UP YA!!!
i tried for 9 times ler... so... ya... just keep going... never say DIE! :lol:

and hope i can pass my management interview tml... i dun want to be BAN!!! gosh... this is killing me... i am so so so so excited... :???: