Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter

Re: 27th walk-in

Post by rinnuwatanabe » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:08 am

llentimes wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
llentimes wrote:And "rinnuwatanabe", For 1-1 & Mgt rds, the interviewers are SIA staff, cause I saw some of them when I STC 4 interview. The rest should be hiring company ppl as I saw some of the "taking height" staff filling in application forms in the later part of the evening

And about the height, they are right to be so particuarly (though it might not be 100% accurate) as alot of safety equipments, safe aid kit and fire-fighting equipments are placed quite high. So they need to make sure they hire staffs with certain height so crew can able to retrieve these equip in case of emergencies.
I know that but this my first time get rejected cause of my height, why i can manage to go for other airline till the final man... further more their criteria is much more higher then SQ lei... i just dont understand .... :-|
"rinnuwatanabe" I guess that will depend on luck due to such inconsistence. I heard of ppl who dun pass the height, but the next time they do. Anyway, being selected, preparation 60% luck 40%.

Dont be demoralise...
i tink the measurement of the criteria of different airlines is different.. some looks for personality, some looks, some attitude.. so i think you really cant compare airlines to airlines.. SQ must have a reason to be one of world's best airline.. definitely something to do with their stringent standards of recruitment..

if you have doubts, like wat abercrombie said, maybe nex time you can bring your own clinical measurin tape to the walk in yourself and you will then get throught the height measurement.. :wink:[/quote]

And about airline, Alot is about safety. So i guess the height requirements is as important. U can try again and the next time u can stand straighter. Anyway, my height was also measure lower. In STC my height was measured 164. But today, It was measured 162.[/quote]

Ya i guess about what my friend was telling me is true they will minus by 2cm frm ya origin height... its ok then :wink:

llentimes
Regular
Regular

Re: ???

Post by llentimes » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:09 am

Wah YingYing you are still swinging from left to right till now ah ....super hyper wor muhahahaha :P[/quote]

hahaha..

i tot u like to see ma :wink:[/quote]
Ya I like to see but hor like this I cannot sleep leh, I also hyper :???:[/quote]

oppz...I am nt following ur channel, cause I dun get horny that easily. :shock:[/quote]
Hahaha Our YingYing mei mei got standard one leh maybe she should use back her old avater ...her gorgeous photo then we will see you easy or not?? :wink:[/quote]

Ya, I have to agree that YingYing i working very hard in this forum cause she (the avater) dances 24hrs in this forum. Attracting and killing alot of guyz or BT out there.
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:09 am

llentimes wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
llentimes wrote:And "rinnuwatanabe", For 1-1 & Mgt rds, the interviewers are SIA staff, cause I saw some of them when I STC 4 interview. The rest should be hiring company ppl as I saw some of the "taking height" staff filling in application forms in the later part of the evening

And about the height, they are right to be so particuarly (though it might not be 100% accurate) as alot of safety equipments, safe aid kit and fire-fighting equipments are placed quite high. So they need to make sure they hire staffs with certain height so crew can able to retrieve these equip in case of emergencies.
I know that but this my first time get rejected cause of my height, why i can manage to go for other airline till the final man... further more their criteria is much more higher then SQ lei... i just dont understand .... :-|
"rinnuwatanabe" I guess that will depend on luck due to such inconsistence. I heard of ppl who dun pass the height, but the next time they do. Anyway, being selected, preparation 60% luck 40%.

Dont be demoralise...
i tink the measurement of the criteria of different airlines is different.. some looks for personality, some looks, some attitude.. so i think you really cant compare airlines to airlines.. SQ must have a reason to be one of world's best airline.. definitely something to do with their stringent standards of recruitment..

if you have doubts, like wat abercrombie said, maybe nex time you can bring your own clinical measurin tape to the walk in yourself and you will then get throught the height measurement.. :wink:[/quote]

And about airline, Alot is about safety. So i guess the height requirements is as important. U can try again and the next time u can stand straighter. Anyway, my height was also measure lower. In STC my height was measured 164. But today, It was measured 162.[/quote]

yea.. SIA has got the 1.58m requirement instead of reaching 2+metres on tip toes because they have different air craft specifications.. SIA's higher than others i heard..
the world at your doorstep

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:10 am

rinnuwatanabe wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:

Dont be demoralise...

No what i mean is the "criteria" as in the height taken is like 160 and arm reach 214 not as in other criteria... get it what i mean??[/quote]
Its very fast, 3 sec and you can take the measurement liao with those type of measuring tape.Its weird though but if thats what stopping you and you know you confirm more then 1.58 then you must fight for your rights ya :wink:

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rinnuwatanabe » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:11 am

yingying2888 wrote:
llentimes wrote:
yingying2888 wrote: I know that but this my first time get rejected cause of my height, why i can manage to go for other airline till the final man... further more their criteria is much more higher then SQ lei... i just dont understand .... :-|

Dont be demoralise...

if you have doubts, like wat abercrombie said, maybe nex time you can bring your own clinical measurin tape to the walk in yourself and you will then get throught the height measurement.. :wink:

yea.. SIA has got the 1.58m requirement instead of reaching 2+metres on tip toes because they have different air craft specifications.. SIA's higher than others i heard..[/quote]

Etihad much more higher man... arm reach is 214 and height is 162

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:11 am

llentimes wrote:Wah YingYing you are still swinging from left to right till now ah ....super hyper wor muhahahaha :P
hahaha..

i tot u like to see ma :wink:[/quote]
Ya I like to see but hor like this I cannot sleep leh, I also hyper :???:[/quote]

oppz...I am nt following ur channel, cause I dun get horny that easily. :shock:[/quote]
Hahaha Our YingYing mei mei got standard one leh maybe she should use back her old avater ...her gorgeous photo then we will see you easy or not?? :wink:[/quote]

Ya, I have to agree that YingYing i working very hard in this forum cause she (the avater) dances 24hrs in this forum. Attracting and killing alot of guyz or BT out there.[/quote]

haha.. i put this avatar cos i'm feeling very frustrated at that period.. ok la.. i'll change since requested by popular demand.. haha!

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rinnuwatanabe » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:13 am

Abercrombie wrote:
rinnuwatanabe wrote:
No what i mean is the "criteria" as in the height taken is like 160 and arm reach 214 not as in other criteria... get it what i mean??
Its very fast, 3 sec and you can take the measurement liao with those type of measuring tape.Its weird though but if thats what stopping you and you know you confirm more then 1.58 then you must fight for your rights ya :wink:
No need la cause for me i dont like to fight back wasting of my time further more the girl look younger then me.. i dont think so she knw hw to measure also :cool:

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:13 am

Abercrombie wrote:
akiheartfelt wrote:
mentelism wrote: Afterall that boost of confidence built, got thru from the screenin.. nt until I reach the measurement stage, the measure me at 156.65.. Im like WTF!!!... I rmbr the last I measured was 1.58 at least.. I thot I shrink bt it happen to my fren too...
umm hmm that's what happened to me too. i feel that their interview processes are somewhat inconsistent eg.

height measurements : Bring your own measuring tape the next time
"leniency to shorter girls" : No leniency should be given as this is a Requirement for a reason
ban period : They want to have fresh people trying and not the same group of people at every interviews, They reject for a reason so a period of time as given for you to improve yourself

There are other job interviews that stated that people who tried before need not apply
ya but is there a reason why ban period varies with different people? some don't even get informed that they were banned lol. i have no idea cos i've never been through that before. some people who have been to several interviews will know that their measurements somehow fluctuates, so borderline cases are not safe i think. bring your own measuring tape??? tsk not constructive lah haha

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rinnuwatanabe » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:15 am

akiheartfelt wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
akiheartfelt wrote: umm hmm that's what happened to me too. i feel that their interview processes are somewhat inconsistent eg.

height measurements : Bring your own measuring tape the next time
"leniency to shorter girls" : No leniency should be given as this is a Requirement for a reason
ban period : They want to have fresh people trying and not the same group of people at every interviews, They reject for a reason so a period of time as given for you to improve yourself

There are other job interviews that stated that people who tried before need not apply
ya but is there a reason why ban period varies with different people? some don't even get informed that they were banned lol. i have no idea cos i've never been through that before. some people who have been to several interviews will know that their measurements somehow fluctuates, so borderline cases are not safe i think. bring your own measuring tape??? tsk not constructive lah haha
Thats why its sound weird right? where do u guys heard this before man??

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:15 am

Did you hear that from me?? Thats true, the compartments now are all higher both in the cabin and Galley even the galley top was higher hahaha it makes you feel kind of shorter now :?
Last edited by Abercrombie on Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:15 am

rinnuwatanabe wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
rinnuwatanabe wrote:
No what i mean is the "criteria" as in the height taken is like 160 and arm reach 214 not as in other criteria... get it what i mean??
No need la cause for me i dont like to fight back wasting of my time further more the girl look younger then me.. i dont think so she knw hw to measure also :cool:
haha.. then dont keep complaining bout you not getting through the height measurement! :lol:

llentimes
Regular
Regular

Post by llentimes » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:17 am

Etihad much more higher man... arm reach is 214 and height is 162[/quote]

abercrombie made a point about fighting for your rights. Yes I have heard such story in this forum about hight measurements. This gal was also under-measured, but she was VERY sure that her height was able to pass. She actually confidently told the psn to retake her height and she passed.
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:17 am

Abercrombie wrote:Did you hear that from me?? Thats true, the compartments now are all higher both in the cabin and Galley even the galley top was higher hahaha it makes you feel kind of shorter now :?
haha... no! i din hear it frm u.. i heard from my FS fren. hmpf! :twisted:
Last edited by yingying2888 on Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rinnuwatanabe » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:18 am

Abercrombie wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
llentimes wrote: "rinnuwatanabe" I guess that will depend on luck due to such inconsistence. I heard of ppl who dun pass the height, but the next time they do. Anyway, being selected, preparation 60% luck 40%.

Dont be demoralise...

if you have doubts, like wat abercrombie said, maybe nex time you can bring your own clinical measurin tape to the walk in yourself and you will then get throught the height measurement.. :wink:
And about airline, Alot is about safety. So i guess the height requirements is as important. U can try again and the next time u can stand straighter. Anyway, my height was also measure lower. In STC my height was measured 164. But today, It was measured 162.
yea.. SIA has got the 1.58m requirement instead of reaching 2+metres on tip toes because they have different air craft specifications.. SIA's higher than others i heard..[/quote]

Did you hear that from me?? Thats true, the compartments now are all higher both in the cabin and Galley even the galley top was higher hahaha it makes you feel kind of shorter now :?[/quote]

My darling Abercrombie as if i dont knw what the aircraft look alike... i'm wrking with SATS since 2004 till now i knw what the different between the new and old aircraft. Its all about the same... even when im onboard looking for pax for offload do u think all the crew are taller? u knw what to me even with their sandal on to me im much more taller then them ok... only for certain crew la as in leading crew some of them only i get to see much taller then me...

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rinnuwatanabe » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:21 am

yingying2888 wrote:
rinnuwatanabe wrote:
Abercrombie wrote: Its very fast, 3 sec and you can take the measurement liao with those type of measuring tape.Its weird though but if thats what stopping you and you know you confirm more then 1.58 then you must fight for your rights ya :wink:
haha.. then dont keep complaining bout you not getting through the height measurement! :lol:
Im not complaining ok cause i see there's alot of peeps in here was saying and im trying to help them and encourage for those peeps... not like u guys always give negative point for them.... which they will think no use for them to retried again.... come on la dont be naive....