Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Re: ???

Post by Abercrombie » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:55 am

yingying2888 wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
yingying2888 wrote: thats exactly what i said in one of my post like 10 pages ago. haha. but it happened to my fren..
Wah YingYing you are still swinging from left to right till now ah ....super hyper wor muhahahaha :P
hahaha..

i tot u like to see ma :wink:
Ya I like to see but hor like this I cannot sleep leh, I also hyper :???:

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter

Re: 27th walk-in

Post by rinnuwatanabe » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:56 am

llentimes wrote:And "rinnuwatanabe", For 1-1 & Mgt rds, the interviewers are SIA staff, cause I saw some of them when I STC 4 interview. The rest should be hiring company ppl as I saw some of the "taking height" staff filling in application forms in the later part of the evening

And about the height, they are right to be so particuarly (though it might not be 100% accurate) as alot of safety equipments, safe aid kit and fire-fighting equipments are placed quite high. So they need to make sure they hire staffs with certain height so crew can able to retrieve these equip in case of emergencies.
I know that but this my first time get rejected cause of my height, why i can manage to go for other airline till the final man... further more their criteria is much more higher then SQ lei... i just dont understand .... :-|[/quote]

"rinnuwatanabe" I guess that will depend on luck due to such inconsistence. I heard of ppl who dun pass the height, but the next time they do. Anyway, being selected, preparation 60% luck 40%.

Dont be demoralise...[/quote]

Ya thats right even the two girl which i spoke to earlier on she even told me that sometimes it like that, even she dont understand her height sometimes can be 156 sometimes can be 158 and this her 6th attempt...

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rinnuwatanabe » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:57 am

yingying2888 wrote:
mentelism wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
*it sounds really harsh... bt its ok.. thot with arm reach i wld be able to pass... i will still try my luck... im determine newae...
this height measurement thingy today happened to alot alot of ppl.. hmm... prolly Adecco and SIA have different measurement scales or maybe younger gals have different method of measuring.. like u noe older aunties at the SIA walk in will remind you to stand straight etc.. but not for the younger gals?
posible

llentimes
Regular
Regular

Post by llentimes » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:57 am

Abercrombie wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
Abercrombie wrote: Wah YingYing you are still swinging from left to right till now ah ....super hyper wor muhahahaha :P
hahaha..

oppz...I am nt following ur channel, cause I dun get horny that easily. :shock:
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rinnuwatanabe » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:59 am

mentelism wrote:
rinnuwatanabe wrote:
llentimes wrote: Abercrombie...u quote without no reply as well le... :cool:
Thats right where got such thing about leniency for the shorter one.... but however i think today the scale must be something wrong.... what i know my friend told me is this scale will minus 2 cm frm ya origin height... thats what they told me :)
May be leniency for "shorter" heights isnt exactly wat u ppl think she meant... short in some sense that if ur 1.56 plus to 1.57 at least we shld be given the test or the arm reach....
Ya i agree with that but they even dont give a chance for arm rach ... rediculous man.... waste pple time :-|

mentelism

Post by mentelism » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:59 am

bt my qns wasnt really ans tho... can i jz send email to their address before the write-in advertisement on the web or shld i rather wait??

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rinnuwatanabe » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:00 am

mentelism wrote:bt my qns wasnt really ans tho... can i jz send email to their address before the write-in advertisement on the web or shld i rather wait??
How would u wanna send in? do u have their email address??

you can try send in to this email [email protected]

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:01 am

As I mention before at 1.58m you already have difficulty in performing your duties liao you will need help from others, this equal to non productivity, sorry to say this but cannot is cannot...if its really the scale, then still can bring your own tape, those carpenter type 3m-5m spring loaded type to counter measure against their tape. Chest out stomach in look 45 degreed up I think this is the highest you can go.

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:01 am

llentimes wrote:And "rinnuwatanabe", For 1-1 & Mgt rds, the interviewers are SIA staff, cause I saw some of them when I STC 4 interview. The rest should be hiring company ppl as I saw some of the "taking height" staff filling in application forms in the later part of the evening

And about the height, they are right to be so particuarly (though it might not be 100% accurate) as alot of safety equipments, safe aid kit and fire-fighting equipments are placed quite high. So they need to make sure they hire staffs with certain height so crew can able to retrieve these equip in case of emergencies.
I know that but this my first time get rejected cause of my height, why i can manage to go for other airline till the final man... further more their criteria is much more higher then SQ lei... i just dont understand .... :-|[/quote]

"rinnuwatanabe" I guess that will depend on luck due to such inconsistence. I heard of ppl who dun pass the height, but the next time they do. Anyway, being selected, preparation 60% luck 40%.

i tink the measurement of the criteria of different airlines is different.. some looks for personality, some looks, some attitude.. so i think you really cant compare airlines to airlines.. SQ must have a reason to be one of world's best airline.. definitely something to do with their stringent standards of recruitment..

if you have doubts, like wat abercrombie said, maybe nex time you can bring your own clinical measurin tape to the walk in yourself and you will then get throught the height measurement.. :wink:
the world at your doorstep

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rinnuwatanabe » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:03 am

yingying2888 wrote:

I know that but this my first time get rejected cause of my height, why i can manage to go for other airline till the final man... further more their criteria is much more higher then SQ lei... i just dont understand .... :-|

i tink the measurement of the criteria of different airlines is different.. some looks for personality, some looks, some attitude.. so i think you really cant compare airlines to airlines.. SQ must have a reason to be one of world's best airline.. definitely something to do with their stringent standards of recruitment..

if you have doubts, like wat abercrombie said, maybe nex time you can bring your own clinical measurin tape to the walk in yourself and you will then get throught the height measurement.. :wink:[/quote]

No what i mean is the "criteria" as in the height taken is like 160 and arm reach 214 not as in other criteria... get it what i mean??
Last edited by rinnuwatanabe on Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rinnuwatanabe » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:04 am

Abercrombie wrote:As I mention before at 1.58m you already have difficulty in performing your duties liao you will need help from others, this equal to non productivity, sorry to say this but cannot is cannot...if its really the scale, then still can bring your own tape, those carpenter type 3m-5m spring loaded type to counter measure against their tape. Chest out stomach in look 45 degreed up I think this is the highest you can go.
i dont knw about that thou....

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:05 am

mentelism wrote:bt my qns wasnt really ans tho... can i jz send email to their address before the write-in advertisement on the web or shld i rather wait??
would suggest u to wait.. it wudnt be good to send in application b4 they even open the wrtie in right?

moreover, u dun even have the actual format of the write in application form.. its different from the write in, and more information is needed.. including references, past employers, and family info..

be patient! they jus had their walk in today, it'll be at least 2-3 weeks b4 they open the write in again..

good luck!

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:05 am

llentimes wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
yingying2888 wrote: hahaha..

Hahaha Our YingYing mei mei got standard one leh maybe she should use back her old avater ...her gorgeous photo then we will see you easy or not?? :wink:

llentimes
Regular
Regular

Post by llentimes » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:06 am

yingying2888 wrote:

I know that but this my first time get rejected cause of my height, why i can manage to go for other airline till the final man... further more their criteria is much more higher then SQ lei... i just dont understand .... :-|

if you have doubts, like wat abercrombie said, maybe nex time you can bring your own clinical measurin tape to the walk in yourself and you will then get throught the height measurement.. :wink:[/quote]

And about airline, Alot is about safety. So i guess the height requirements is as important. U can try again and the next time u can stand straighter. Anyway, my height was also measure lower. In STC my height was measured 164. But today, It was measured 162.
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:07 am

Abercrombie wrote:
llentimes wrote:
Abercrombie wrote: Ya I like to see but hor like this I cannot sleep leh, I also hyper :???:
Hahaha Our YingYing mei mei got standard one leh maybe she should use back her old avater ...her gorgeous photo then we will see you easy or not?? :wink:
ya ya thanks uh abercrombie kor kor..

forumers said that one dont look like me so i dun wanna put tat up anymore.. i wanna be SHY and MYSTERIOUS like you ma.. :cool: