Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 11:33 pm

hello all,

CONGRATS to those who made it. (especially pinklittlefigure)

And good luck for those who will b having their mgmt round soon...

As for me, I failed at round 1. :(
I really have no idea what went wrong..... i guess i can only say... luck plays a part....
well well... managed to get thru till mgmt round doesn't necessarily means i can pass round 1 in my next attempt.... and yeah..true enuf... i was booted out rite after round 1.... :-|
Dreams Do Come True

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 11:33 pm

Expats' gathering
Date: 2nd/3rd Feb*
Event: Dinner/Karaoke/Dinner and Karaoke.*
Venue: Yet to confirm.
* Please delete your selection accordingly.

1) Abercrombie TBC
2) okieping
3) rainschocolate
4) yingying2888
5) Sokeai
6) zetpeh
7) hafiz_
8) sheepish Dinner only
9) jlkm2005
10) iwannefly
11) xanngac
12) aliciagloria
13) rx_aelix perhaps dinner only
14) zandlelightz ,Dinner only
15) Destinee
16) Hikari82
17) rurik0
18) rinnuwatanabe
19) jas 2nd Feb after 6p.m/ 3rd Feb anytime
20) aletheatan
21) streets

xanngac can only make it for lunch on saturday and cass said we could do ktv after that. alamak. how like that? i'm liasing with lynnie now so she can help to book a venue for say 25?

streets
Regular
Regular

Post by streets » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 11:36 pm

salvana wrote:hello all,

I really have no idea what went wrong..... i guess i can only say... luck plays a part....
well well... managed to get thru till mgmt round doesn't necessarily means i can pass round 1 in my next attempt.... and yeah..true enuf... i was booted out rite after round 1.... :-|
don't be too hard on yourself. there's always next time round. (:
if it's meant to be, i'm sure it'll happen for you!

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 11:36 pm

jeanette_tohjh wrote:HI everybody!!!

I am back from the interview!!! wat a day!!! shag... wait wait n wait! but its worthwhile!!! I manage to clear my self intro and uniform fitting round!!! :D I AM SO SO SO HAPPY!!!

but due to time constraint... my HR interview will be postpone to tml...
ya... any advice wat to expect during the HR interview and management round... kekeke...

Hope i can soar thru tml's interview!!!

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY! :oops:
congrats girl for making so far.. sure you can make it de.. jia you wor!!
Soaring above all

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 11:38 pm

streets wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
hafiz_ wrote:Expats' gathering
Date: 2nd/3rd Feb*
Event: Dinner/Karaoke/Dinner and Karaoke.*
Venue: Yet to confirm.
* Please delete your selection accordingly.

1) Abercrombie TBC
2) okieping
3) rainschocolate
4) yingying2888
5) Sokeai
6) zetpeh
7) hafiz_
8) sheepish Dinner only
9) jlkm2005
10) iwannefly
11) xanngac
12) aliciagloria
13) rx_aelix perhaps dinner only
14) zandlelightz ,Dinner only
15) Destinee
16) Hikari82
17) rurik0
18) rinnuwatanabe
19) jas 2nd Feb after 6p.m/ 3rd Feb anytime
20) aletheatan

okay the updated list is up! if i left out anyone, kindly add in your name yeah. and okieping, have reservations been done? haha. cuz lynnie volunteered to do the reservations at nus guildhouse or smth which is located at suntec. got ktv there too. but she can only do so once the list has been confirmed. we could approximate 25 pax maybe? :wink:
STREETS!

out ur name in!

HAFIZ!

anyone decided the time and day already?

ABERCROMBIE!
for ur infor, the whole street is going to the gathering SOLELY BECOS OF YOU.

HAHAH i can see wings emerging out of abercombie's back and he's above clouds.
he's practically living up in the clouds.. dont even need a pair of wings.. =)
the world at your doorstep

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Re: heyy

Post by xanngac » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 11:41 pm

blackpolitics wrote:
xanngac wrote:
blackpolitics wrote:pleasure to be here, been hearing about this forum and its really updated. erhhh so did anyone got in todae from here?

i need to enquire on something. 30th Jan i need to report at the HR interview Room at SIA Training Centre. May i know what is the attire? reason why i asked this is because im still serving my national service. so can i go casual or? tues i will still be out on the field man. sigh.

what does Certificate of Service (NS)( only for FS candidates), what is FS?

Appreciates if anyone could give me an answer? Thanks.
What is your purpose of going to the HR interview room. To sign the bond or to go for mgmt interview??

If you are going for mgmt interview, obviously you want to leave a good impression by dressing in formal attire, i.e shirt and pants, if you want, add a tie, but that one up to individual lah. If not you just might risk being booted out cause interviewers might find that you did not respect this interview process enough.

If you are there to sign bond, it would still be a good idea to dress smart casual, cause you never know who's looking at you. A little respect for your future employer will be good. :)

Hope this helps.
hey xanngac,
im one of those lucky ones that manage to clear all rounds today. so im like those selected lah. i also got the form to go for medical examination and XRAY but those forms that they gave us ask us to report at HR interview room. its the pre employment briefing.. so im like kinda lost; what should i wear?
because i will be back in camp tonight. and sad to say, tues igot a field camp. im kinda worried it finished late.
Hmm better go in casual smart at least lor though a briefing, still must be dress to show that you are sincere.
And so my journey begins... :)

Hikari82

Post by Hikari82 » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 11:48 pm

Hopefully i can bring good news after my management round. Thanks llentimes for the secret miji u lend me... helps alot~ And sifu combie.. this outing u jialat liao... i think the gals gonna attack u together....make sure u wear extra clothings ok?

Hikari82

Post by Hikari82 » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 11:51 pm

xanngac wrote:
blackpolitics wrote:
xanngac wrote: What is your purpose of going to the HR interview room. To sign the bond or to go for mgmt interview??

If you are going for mgmt interview, obviously you want to leave a good impression by dressing in formal attire, i.e shirt and pants, if you want, add a tie, but that one up to individual lah. If not you just might risk being booted out cause interviewers might find that you did not respect this interview process enough.

If you are there to sign bond, it would still be a good idea to dress smart casual, cause you never know who's looking at you. A little respect for your future employer will be good. :)

Hope this helps.
hey xanngac,
im one of those lucky ones that manage to clear all rounds today. so im like those selected lah. i also got the form to go for medical examination and XRAY but those forms that they gave us ask us to report at HR interview room. its the pre employment briefing.. so im like kinda lost; what should i wear?
because i will be back in camp tonight. and sad to say, tues igot a field camp. im kinda worried it finished late.
Hmm better go in casual smart at least lor though a briefing, still must be dress to show that you are sincere.
Dude blackpolitics jus checking wif u....They inform u to go for briefing on the 30th or to go for final interview? Cos mine i got final interview on the 30th... hopefully i can pass~~~ And personally.... better to be well dress... shows a sense of respect and it does makes alot of difference...

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 11:54 pm

Hikari82 wrote:
xanngac wrote:
blackpolitics wrote: hey xanngac,
Dude blackpolitics jus checking wif u....They inform u to go for briefing on the 30th or to go for final interview? Cos mine i got final interview on the 30th... hopefully i can pass~~~ And personally.... better to be well dress... shows a sense of respect and it does makes alot of difference...
Pre employment briefing and final interview is a berry berry big difference leh better check...

llentimes
Regular
Regular

Post by llentimes » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:01 am

salvana wrote:hello all,

Salvana, join mi in the next interview okie! we can work hard together! :D
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

aliciagloria
Regular
Regular

My Interview

Post by aliciagloria » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:06 am

hey ppl...I reached at 8am and was in Grp 1 today. Venie, ur fren Val something is in my grp....cant rem her face thou. The self intro was ok, It was 2 male interviewers & there's no fixed topic meaning we could talk about anything under e sun, interest, dogs etc. 6/10 made it to round 2.

some of u r curious to know my outcome today....well, no gd news from my end though coz I Failed at Kebaya round! didnt even make it to the skin check. =(

I did my walk but was kinda stiff so the lady gave me another chance n I walked again. She than said, it was much better. After which, she asked me qns like "wat r u working as and how long have u been with the company" I answered as per usual. 1 funny qn asked was, "Do u always paint your nails? coz she saw i had red painted nails. =p I replied "yes, I love to paint my nails" haha...sounds quite bimbo. I then stretch out my arms (front + back) to show her; no scars.

After which, it was the most horrible sentence "I'm afraid you didnt make it" I was stunned and disappointed at e same time. She DIDNT even let me go to skin check. I asked her wat's wrong with me, she said she will tell me after e interview so i said ok and proceed to change out of the kebaya...............

I was curious to wat reason(s) she has to tell me so i waited until most of the grp gals went out and she was free for awhile to talk. Her reason kinda shocked me! She said "You dont have the looks, SIA has a certain look to follow" wah,after hearing this, my heart almost stopped..I dont believe it! I dont think I am ugly or watsoever, I have seen average looking gals passed thru too....hmm,I really wonder....

Therefore, I can conclude that its my SHORT FRINGE that got me booted out! I dont look nice with tied hair + short fringe in front. She did ask everyone to tie up the fringe but I dont have pin and e other gals in e grp oso dun have....sigh. regretted not bringing one man...

I remember seeing some stewardess have short fringe but those have short hair as well..I tot SIA dun go for looks now? seems like its otherwise still..I'm thinking of cutting my hair short if i get booted out at kebaya the next time I try......

Yes,I'm disappointed by wat e lady said but I will not give up & try again for e next write-in/walk in.

Cya all at e gathering! =)

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:07 am

hello llentimes,

okie.... let's do it again.... :)
hopefully the next recruitment drive will soon come..
Dreams Do Come True

streets
Regular
Regular

Re: My Interview

Post by streets » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:10 am

aliciagloria wrote:hey ppl...I reached at 8am and was in Grp 1 today. Venie, ur fren Val something is in my grp....cant rem her face thou. The self intro was ok, It was 2 male interviewers & there's no fixed topic meaning we could talk about anything under e sun, interest, dogs etc. 6/10 made it to round 2.

some of u r curious to know my outcome today....well, no gd news from my end though coz I Failed at Kebaya round! didnt even make it to the skin check. =(

I did my walk but was kinda stiff so the lady gave me another chance n I walked again. She than said, it was much better. After which, she asked me qns like "wat r u working as and how long have u been with the company" I answered as per usual. 1 funny qn asked was, "Do u always paint your nails? coz she saw i had red painted nails. =p I replied "yes, I love to paint my nails" haha...sounds quite bimbo. I then stretch out my arms (front + back) to show her; no scars.

After which, it was the most horrible sentence "I'm afraid you didnt make it" I was stunned and disappointed at e same time. She DIDNT even let me go to skin check. I asked her wat's wrong with me, she said she will tell me after e interview so i said ok and proceed to change out of the kebaya...............

I was curious to wat reason(s) she has to tell me so i waited until most of the grp gals went out and she was free for awhile to talk. Her reason kinda shocked me! She said "You dont have the looks, SIA has a certain look to follow" wah,after hearing this, my heart almost stopped..I dont believe it! I dont think I am ugly or watsoever, I have seen average looking gals passed thru too....hmm,I really wonder....

Therefore, I can conclude that its my SHORT FRINGE that got me booted out! I dont look nice with tied hair + short fringe in front. She did ask everyone to tie up the fringe but I dont have pin and e other gals in e grp oso dun have....sigh. regretted not bringing one man...

I remember seeing some stewardess have short fringe but those have short hair as well..I tot SIA dun go for looks now? seems like its otherwise still..I'm thinking of cutting my hair short if i get booted out at kebaya the next time I try......

Yes,I'm disappointed by wat e lady said but I will not give up & try again for e next write-in/walk in.

hmm, i think what the lady is trying to say is having a friendly and approachable face, has charisma and a personality?

just relax, and be yourself whilst doing your walk. do maintain your posture and of course, your smile! =DD

rurik0
Regular
Regular

Post by rurik0 » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:11 am

hey guys...

Firstly i wanna congratulate all who made it today! For those who din,don feel depressed! Try again, never give up!!! Anyway, for the outing, I'm afraid i wont be able to make it :cry: ... hope we can meet up sometime... And i might not post so often cz really tired everyday. Don't even have time to play my mmorpgs anymore!!!(was lookin forward to RO2 T___T ) However, i will try to post every now and then. Ruriko is not extinct arh!!! =P

Take care all.... If got any outings do PM/SMS me kk?!!!

isabelle85

Re: My Interview

Post by isabelle85 » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:12 am

aliciagloria wrote:hey ppl...I reached at 8am and was in Grp 1 today. Venie, ur fren Val something is in my grp....cant rem her face thou. The self intro was ok, It was 2 male interviewers & there's no fixed topic meaning we could talk about anything under e sun, interest, dogs etc. 6/10 made it to round 2.

wow...she is really mean leh, for me, i failed at the kebaya-skin check round, was in group 21. I have no idea why too, the lady nv say anything about my walk, she just ask me for a self introduction and ask me what sports I like to play then I went for skin check round already.

And the lady in pink at the skin check was pretty fine with me and even said I look like a Eurasian and thats a compliment so I should be proud of it.

hmm..I have no idea why I failed too... maybe cos I nv conceal properly my chicken pox scars at the side of my face. sigh..need to requene next time again..super demoralising...