Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 1:52 pm

btw are you joining us for the gathering chin?
the world at your doorstep

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rinnuwatanabe » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 1:56 pm

Today i think the scale is abit problem.... normally my height is 160 the less is 159 but today they took it 157 , even a friend of mine too were there with me just now, we were the same height and unfortunately she's get in with measurement of 159 but me is 157 .. So far so good i've no problem with Emirates and Etihad interview....:twisted:
Last edited by rinnuwatanabe on Sun, 27 Jan 2008 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

streets
Regular
Regular

Post by streets » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 2:01 pm

i just came back. my first attempt, i was pretty shocked at the number of people i saw.
anyway i got until 1-1. it was an experience!

well fyi, just stay calm. i get very flustered, even though my interviewer was quite young and friendly. so when she asked about what kind of stuffs i heard about SIA from friends/relatives, i elaborated on politics.

my blonde moment right there!! so girls, please really think carefully before you speak haha.

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rinnuwatanabe » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 2:02 pm

streets wrote:i just came back. my first attempt, i was pretty shocked at the number of people i saw.
anyway i got until 1-1. it was an experience!

well fyi, just stay calm. i get very flustered, even though my interviewer was quite young and friendly. so when she asked about what kind of stuffs i heard about SIA from friends/relatives, i elaborated on politics.

my blonde moment right there!! so girls, please really think carefully before you speak haha.
Ya thats will be an advantage

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 2:02 pm

yingying2888 wrote: haha.. they waited bout about a month plus i tink..

so cool la! that u gals are in the same class.. =)
Ok 1 month still ok, at least if everything ok can start training in Apr. :)

Haha ya, quite lucky if not 1st day don't know anyone will feel very cham hahaha, but actually the people are very friendly la. ;)
And so my journey begins... :)

iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Post by iwannefly » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 2:05 pm

Arghz .. so sad... I'm back from the management... and guess wad... I FAILED... =/

So sad... now got to wait after my ban den i can try.. :(

Haiz ... so near yet so far..

So more when i the interviewer even ask the HR lady to ask me after i'm out of the room which stage did i failed on my previous attempt... after i told her that it's 1-1 .. the next cruel thing i hear is " thanks for coming" =/

Saddening....

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 2:09 pm

iwannefly wrote:Arghz .. so sad... I'm back from the management... and guess wad... I FAILED... =/

So more when i the interviewer even ask the HR lady to ask me after i'm out of the room which stage did i failed on my previous attempt... after i told her that it's 1-1 .. the next cruel thing i hear is " thanks for coming" =/

Saddening....
Don't be so sad, at least now you have moved on to another stage ma. You have the 1st hand experience of how the interview process is like, you can prepare yourself better next time. The ban is now 6mths or shorter?

Don't give up k, must persevere till you make it! :)

iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Post by iwannefly » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 2:17 pm

xanngac wrote:
iwannefly wrote:Arghz .. so sad... I'm back from the management... and guess wad... I FAILED... =/

Saddening....
Don't be so sad, at least now you have moved on to another stage ma. You have the 1st hand experience of how the interview process is like, you can prepare yourself better next time. The ban is now 6mths or shorter?

Not giving up.. but juz extremly sianz.. thot finally can get in le... =/ haiz... disappointment... so near yet so far...

The HR lasy say 3-6 months ban... of cuz i will take it as 3 months ban.. =/ need to give up my opportunity for 3 months.. :(

I WANNE FLY

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rinnuwatanabe » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 2:23 pm

Saddening....
It's alright.... no use to think it back... it useless and make u overturn.... cheer up babe.... guess u can do it better next time round....Well there this two lady's i spoke to, they too get rejected after the first round and this is their 6th attempt.... however all they can do is put on a smile and chill for them it's fated, maybe not again this time for them to perceived it... so what if get rejected no big deal man, there's many other airlines is in need a people like you.... so cheer up.... :wink:
Last edited by rinnuwatanabe on Sun, 27 Jan 2008 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Post by iwannefly » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 2:33 pm

rinnuwatanabe wrote:

Saddening....
It's alright.... no use to think it back... it useless and make u more down.... cheer up babe.... guess u can do it next time round....There's this two lady's i spoke to them they too get rejected after the first attempt and this is their 6th attempt.... however all they can effort to do is a smile and chill... so what if get rejected no big deal man, there's many other airlines is in need a people like you.... so cheer up.... :wink:
Hee.. thanks =D This is my 4th attempt le.. =/ but 1st time to management... hopefully when i try again after my ban... i will get in =D

Counting down my ban

Anyway.. congrats to those who pass today...

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 2:34 pm

iwannefly wrote:
xanngac wrote:

Saddening....

Not giving up.. but juz extremly sianz.. thot finally can get in le... =/ haiz... disappointment... so near yet so far...

The HR lasy say 3-6 months ban... of cuz i will take it as 3 months ban.. =/ need to give up my opportunity for 3 months.. :(

I WANNE FLY
Ya I understand how it feels, the sian feeling of almost there and in the end didn't make it... Cheer up k, there's still many other airlines that you can consider while waiting for the 3mths ban to pass. Go for those interviews and brush up your interview skills. I'm sure with practice you will clear the next one soon. :)

If you are only interested of joining SIA, then take this time to practice your answers for those questions that they might possibly ask. I took 1 mth to prepare myself all those questions they might ask, read up on the company and the job scope of FA and I took time to rehearse in front of the mirror and with my bf. Not everyone is so lucky to pass 1st time round, so for people like us, we've to practice till its near perfection.

Good luck k, jiayou! ;)

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rinnuwatanabe » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 2:35 pm

iwannefly wrote:
rinnuwatanabe wrote:

Saddening....
It's alright.... no use to think it back... it useless and make u more down.... cheer up babe.... guess u can do it next time round....There's this two lady's i spoke to them they too get rejected after the first attempt and this is their 6th attempt.... however all they can effort to do is a smile and chill... so what if get rejected no big deal man, there's many other airlines is in need a people like you.... so cheer up.... :wink:
Hee.. thanks =D This is my 4th attempt le.. =/ but 1st time to management... hopefully when i try again after my ban... i will get in =D

Counting down my ban

Yea u Go Girl!! :cool:

iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Post by iwannefly » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 2:39 pm

xanngac wrote:
iwannefly wrote:
xanngac wrote: Don't be so sad, at least now you have moved on to another stage ma. You have the 1st hand experience of how the interview process is like, you can prepare yourself better next time. The ban is now 6mths or shorter?

I WANNE FLY
Ya I understand how it feels, the sian feeling of almost there and in the end didn't make it... Cheer up k, there's still many other airlines that you can consider while waiting for the 3mths ban to pass. Go for those interviews and brush up your interview skills. I'm sure with practice you will clear the next one soon. :)

If you are only interested of joining SIA, then take this time to practice your answers for those questions that they might possibly ask. I took 1 mth to prepare myself all those questions they might ask, read up on the company and the job scope of FA and I took time to rehearse in front of the mirror and with my bf. Not everyone is so lucky to pass 1st time round, so for people like us, we've to practice till its near perfection.

Good luck k, jiayou! ;)
Thanks babe for ur encouragement....

hee... i don mind getting ready for interview.. But 3 months is very long.. lolz.. juz hope time passed by fast.. i can't wait to start flying with all the forum people.. =D

Will jia you jia you for next time.. Hopefully can bring u all good news ^^
Will not give up my dream to fly!! =D
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 2:39 pm

rinnuwatanabe wrote:Today i think the scale is abit problem.... normally my height is 160 the less is 159 but today they took it 157 , even a friend of mine too were there with me just now, we were the same height and unfortunately she's get in with measurement of 159 but me is 157 .. So far so good i've no problem with Emirates and Etihad interview....:twisted:
oh no then did they let you in? they took me shorter too! haha

iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Post by iwannefly » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 2:39 pm

rinnuwatanabe wrote:
iwannefly wrote:
rinnuwatanabe wrote: It's alright.... no use to think it back... it useless and make u more down.... cheer up babe.... guess u can do it next time round....There's this two lady's i spoke to them they too get rejected after the first attempt and this is their 6th attempt.... however all they can effort to do is a smile and chill... so what if get rejected no big deal man, there's many other airlines is in need a people like you.... so cheer up.... :wink:

Counting down my ban

Yea u Go Girl!! :cool:
Thanks babe... ^^
Will not give up my dream to fly!! =D
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward