Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
soggy

Post by soggy » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 11:16 am

got booted at the first round (what's new?). but on a serious note, there was this one really beautiful girl that caught my eye who got booted after the first round too. i wish i could go into the minds of the interviewers. oh the irony.............

dream_catcher

Post by dream_catcher » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 11:24 am

soggy wrote:got booted at the first round (what's new?). but on a serious note, there was this one really beautiful girl that caught my eye who got booted after the first round too. i wish i could go into the minds of the interviewers. oh the irony.............

hey, i duno if u are a guy or a girl. but just to do some sharing to all here, looks definitely not a factor in getting into SIA or get thru the interview :(
that's my experience after 2 interviews. cos i saw some girl that are reli normal looking got thru the rounds and some even cleared everything and in training now!! and some pretty ones also got booted after 1st round :-|
i can consider myself as an above average girl and i followed each n everything my fren asked me to (she is now with SIA) do during interview like be polite, humble, sit straight etc, but yet, i got booted out in 1st round :(
reli got me wonder what the interviewer want....

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 11:56 am

yingying2888 wrote:SOKEAI!

i just read ur blog.. but ur blog very laychay. cannot leave comment.. haha..

i'm just like you lor, the only one who haven recieve the agreements.. i tink they'll only send when its nearer to the training date uh? in case we boycott... :cry:
Don't think so much la girls, though I know its really not easy. But it'll come if Mary said so. :)

Yingying, so you still have to wait for your cert or MOM can use your transcript?
And so my journey begins... :)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 12:00 pm

rinnuwatanabe wrote:
dream_catcher wrote:hey peeps, i wonder how those stewardess with contact lenses survive?
some flight is a very long hour flight. wanna noe those crews with this problem can share about this? cos myself is wearing contact lenses. this suddenly crossed my mind :roll:
same goes to me i'm wearing glasses btw... well no one here have any idea about it??
It depends. Some people can tahan the flight with monthly disposable, some need daily disposable. If you are the kind with eyes that dry easily, better use daily and bring those disposable eye lubricants onboard.

If want to save money, then use monthly disposable with eye lubricants also can but of course not as good as daily, anyway daily also means no need to wash, easier ma hahaha. :D

pink petals
Regular
Regular

Post by pink petals » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 12:01 pm

hi girls!

are there a lot of people at the interview today? is the Q very long? duno if i sld go or not.... heeee...
is the passing rate very low?

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 12:36 pm

i'm just like you lor, the only one who haven recieve the agreements.. i tink they'll only send when its nearer to the training date uh? in case we boycott... :cry:
YES YINGYING? ;p

Ya lo, i also don't know how to enable comments for non wordpress users, i think they only only wordpress user to leave comments? i nt sure too :mad:

I need to wait for at least 2 more weeks before mary call me (like what she had mentioned) else i'll have to call her and ask liao bleh. How bt urs?
Hello there!

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 12:37 pm

xanngac wrote:

Don't think so much la girls, though I know its really not easy. But it'll come if Mary said so. :)

Yingying, so you still have to wait for your cert or MOM can use your transcript?
thanks chin! i'm still in the midst of my exams, so will use the certification letter that i will apply from the school when the exam results are out on 27th feb.. a few forumers like me passed the application this way.. so hopefully man!

how's your training?
the world at your doorstep

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 12:41 pm

Sokeai wrote:

YES YINGYING? ;p

Ya lo, i also don't know how to enable comments for non wordpress users, i think they only only wordpress user to leave comments? i nt sure too :mad:

I need to wait for at least 2 more weeks before mary call me (like what she had mentioned) else i'll have to call her and ask liao bleh. How bt urs?
i will call her on friday when i finish my exams.. but for the agreement to reach me i'll still have to wait until end feb, when my results are out and when they apply the work pass for me.. very MAFAN.. think the word pass everything must be ready, only then they can let me sign any documents.. :?

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 12:47 pm

dream_catcher wrote:
soggy wrote:got booted at the first round (what's new?). but on a serious note, there was this one really beautiful girl that caught my eye who got booted after the first round too. i wish i could go into the minds of the interviewers. oh the irony.............

hey, i duno if u are a guy or a girl. but just to do some sharing to all here, looks definitely not a factor in getting into SIA or get thru the interview :(
that's my experience after 2 interviews. cos i saw some girl that are reli normal looking got thru the rounds and some even cleared everything and in training now!! and some pretty ones also got booted after 1st round :-|
i can consider myself as an above average girl and i followed each n everything my fren asked me to (she is now with SIA) do during interview like be polite, humble, sit straight etc, but yet, i got booted out in 1st round :(
reli got me wonder what the interviewer want....
i tink SIA is no longer looking for pretty pretty girls.. thats why ppl always say SIA gals standard drop oredi.. at the later stages of interviews that we went through, interviewers wants to find out your adaptability, sincerity, personality and maturity.. if you know wat lies behind these "glamorous" job,.. its no longer perfect skin, pretty pretty gals who make it through, but service oriented gals who can wash toilets.. and who wont quit when they are being asked to wash toilets.. so dont feel confident because you're good looking... if u got rejected, its gonna be really demoralising..

if its really your dream, go for it again! all the best!
Last edited by yingying2888 on Sun, 27 Jan 2008 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 12:50 pm

yingying2888 wrote: i will call her on friday when i finish my exams.. but for the agreement to reach me i'll still have to wait until end feb, when my results are out and when they apply the work pass for me.. very MAFAN.. think the word pass everything must be ready, only then they can let me sign any documents.. :?
Ooo so if everything is ready means you can start somewhere ard March right? Wee~
Hello there!

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 1:03 pm

Sokeai wrote:
yingying2888 wrote: i will call her on friday when i finish my exams.. but for the agreement to reach me i'll still have to wait until end feb, when my results are out and when they apply the work pass for me.. very MAFAN.. think the word pass everything must be ready, only then they can let me sign any documents.. :?
Ooo so if everything is ready means you can start somewhere ard March right? Wee~
prolly about april.. but mary said she'll call u soon leh.. she din tell me sge'll call me soon.. haha.. can you finish ur exams earlier?

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 1:34 pm

yingying2888 wrote:
xanngac wrote:

thanks chin! i'm still in the midst of my exams, so will use the certification letter that i will apply from the school when the exam results are out on 27th feb.. a few forumers like me passed the application this way.. so hopefully man!

how's your training?
Hehe good to hear that! At least there are people who passed the application using this method, don't have to wait so long. Good luck you will not have problem one la! :)

Haha tiring that's why never log in till today. Need to study later, haha like going back to school like that!

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 1:36 pm

xanngac wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
xanngac wrote: Don't think so much la girls, though I know its really not easy. But it'll come if Mary said so. :)

how's your training?
Hehe good to hear that! At least there are people who passed the application using this method, don't have to wait so long. Good luck you will not have problem one la! :)

Haha tiring that's why never log in till today. Need to study later, haha like going back to school like that!
haha.. ya, but they haven really commence training and sign contract yet, cos SIA haven go to MOM to collect the pass for them..

how's your classmates? i totally dont mind going back to school again! :D

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 1:43 pm

yingying2888 wrote:
xanngac wrote:
yingying2888 wrote: thanks chin! i'm still in the midst of my exams, so will use the certification letter that i will apply from the school when the exam results are out on 27th feb.. a few forumers like me passed the application this way.. so hopefully man!

how's your training?

haha.. ya, but they haven really commence training and sign contract yet, cos SIA haven go to MOM to collect the pass for them..

Oh but shldn't be too long right? I mean from the processing to being told that they've actually passed the application?

Batchmates are so far ok, 1st day think still not familiar with one another. But luckily okieping, minikk, destinee and venezia are in the same class so we've company.

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 1:51 pm

xanngac wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
xanngac wrote: Hehe good to hear that! At least there are people who passed the application using this method, don't have to wait so long. Good luck you will not have problem one la! :)

Oh but shldn't be too long right? I mean from the processing to being told that they've actually passed the application?

Batchmates are so far ok, 1st day think still not familiar with one another. But luckily okieping, minikk, destinee and venezia are in the same class so we've company.
haha.. they waited bout about a month plus i tink..

so cool la! that u gals are in the same class.. =)