Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
FlyingMice
Regular
Regular

Post by FlyingMice » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 8:20 am

im intending of doing my rhinoplasty with Dr Hsu at mid of this year. Im looking for accompany. Please pm me if any of you are interested. =)

dimensionspectrum
Regular
Regular

Post by dimensionspectrum » Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:51 am

appletree wrote:Hi all,

I have actually visited dr chuang for consultation some time ago to have him look at my nose. He had confirmed that it is a goretex and not silicone! So for e past few discussion on what kalo is using ... the final result is that they didnt lie and it was really a goretex!
But in fact after hearing that it was a goretex, i was actually very disappointed as i though silicone would be better if i want to do revision and can do it in future then. Dr chuang said that if i want to have a revision, it would be better to do it before im 40years old and that will be in 20 years time. He also said that i will definately need a revision!

Im seriously considering a revision now upon hearing that it is a goretex and the bit slanted look of my nose bridge. Furthermore, my nose bridge looks too high, thats why it looks abit fake (too high for an asian) and my nose tip is not lowered enough!
Seriously, im really not satisfied with kalo's work .. as they left me scars..

Am confuse in whether to choose between silicone rhino (Dr chuang) or autologuos rhino (Dr hsu). Still considering to do silicone or not because ear cart will dissolve completely in future time then might need to redo again???

Anybody have any idea how much does the ear cart (autologuos) will dissolve or does autologuos rhino last for a life time??
It doesnt dissolve..u mean absorbed? The absorption is very minimal.
In the beginning i too thought it will be absorbed and then there goes my autologous rhinoplasty..so i went to ask D Hsu, he says it's not as bad as we imagine. It's very minimal.

If you want, go and email him and get answers directly from him. He'll be glad to answer your questions!

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Fri, 25 Jan 2008 2:44 pm

dimensionspectrum wrote:
appletree wrote:Hi all,

I have actually visited dr chuang for consultation some time ago to have him look at my nose. He had confirmed that it is a goretex and not silicone! So for e past few discussion on what kalo is using ... the final result is that they didnt lie and it was really a goretex!
But in fact after hearing that it was a goretex, i was actually very disappointed as i though silicone would be better if i want to do revision and can do it in future then. Dr chuang said that if i want to have a revision, it would be better to do it before im 40years old and that will be in 20 years time. He also said that i will definately need a revision!

Im seriously considering a revision now upon hearing that it is a goretex and the bit slanted look of my nose bridge. Furthermore, my nose bridge looks too high, thats why it looks abit fake (too high for an asian) and my nose tip is not lowered enough!
Seriously, im really not satisfied with kalo's work .. as they left me scars..

Am confuse in whether to choose between silicone rhino (Dr chuang) or autologuos rhino (Dr hsu). Still considering to do silicone or not because ear cart will dissolve completely in future time then might need to redo again???

Anybody have any idea how much does the ear cart (autologuos) will dissolve or does autologuos rhino last for a life time??
It doesnt dissolve..u mean absorbed? The absorption is very minimal.
In the beginning i too thought it will be absorbed and then there goes my autologous rhinoplasty..so i went to ask D Hsu, he says it's not as bad as we imagine. It's very minimal.

If you want, go and email him and get answers directly from him. He'll be glad to answer your questions!

Oh..sounds good that it doesn't dissolve into more than 50%, just minimal over long run when old? keke

I think i will be going to him only next year i guess. Great..do share with us how after u come back from march ya.. :D

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Fri, 25 Jan 2008 2:46 pm

FlyingMice wrote:im intending of doing my rhinoplasty with Dr Hsu at mid of this year. Im looking for accompany. Please pm me if any of you are interested. =)
I think i will only be only to him early next year hehe

applehearts

Post by applehearts » Sat, 26 Jan 2008 6:59 pm

appletree wrote:
FlyingMice wrote:im intending of doing my rhinoplasty with Dr Hsu at mid of this year. Im looking for accompany. Please pm me if any of you are interested. =)
I think i will only be only to him early next year hehe
Hey Flying Mice,

I also wanna go in June! :) but i dont have pm function.

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:45 am

la vie en rose wrote:
For this surgery I showed Dr. Hsu, pictures of my initial nose without surgery, pictures of my nose with silicone implant and the pictures of Maggie Q in different views. I told him that I would like to have my long and shaped nose back like the one of my silicone implant, would like to have the bridge of Maggie Q, but a little wider to fit my face and requested that the tip should be more curved and more defined.

Hi la vie en rose,

Happy to see that u love your new nose now. :)
By the way, how much he charges for revision? Is it the same price as for those 1st timers or ? By the way, u did the ear cartilage or the rib cartilage?

Can anyone tell me the differences between ear cartilege and septal cartilage
Oh, and also what's e name of the korean actress whom u guys have been raving about of her pretty nose? :p

supereyerinn

Post by supereyerinn » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:21 am

hi all. i seen posts of double eyelid + epi which is kai yan tou. anyone did kai yan wei? my eyes are too round and i want longer eyes
being pretty is expensive.

dimensionspectrum
Regular
Regular

Post by dimensionspectrum » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:09 pm

appletree wrote:
la vie en rose wrote:
For this surgery I showed Dr. Hsu, pictures of my initial nose without surgery, pictures of my nose with silicone implant and the pictures of Maggie Q in different views. I told him that I would like to have my long and shaped nose back like the one of my silicone implant, would like to have the bridge of Maggie Q, but a little wider to fit my face and requested that the tip should be more curved and more defined.

Hi la vie en rose,

Happy to see that u love your new nose now. :)
By the way, how much he charges for revision? Is it the same price as for those 1st timers or ? By the way, u did the ear cartilage or the rib cartilage?

Can anyone tell me the differences between ear cartilege and septal cartilage
Oh, and also what's e name of the korean actress whom u guys have been raving about of her pretty nose? :p
Septal cartilage is a soft bone in the nose. Ear...is from the ears!
La Vie En Rose did ear cartilage. DMN did Ribs.

needimprovement

Post by needimprovement » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 1:58 pm

Aww...I want to go, I really need a partner but unfortunely I am gonna go this winter. :( The plane ticket is cheaper and I won't be able to save enough money by the summer.

needimprovement

Post by needimprovement » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 1:47 pm

if i decide to go this summer or have enough save by then, i'll make sure to tell you. :)

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Thu, 31 Jan 2008 4:19 am

I can fully understand how Appletree and Shalom and hello84 feel of their latest PS job with kalo. That was what i am trying to warn against ppl kalo at that time. now they dun even want to go back to kalo for revision..

I dun want u ppl having need to take the chance of paying more for revision and the pain of surgery again plus needing to suffer emotionally. Pay more for better doctors will be still a wiser and safer decision, your face is worth more than that $.

it seem dr chuand became very busy this few months. i would like to say that thou i like dr chuang's work. i would consider more if going to doc with heavy workload (like dr kim), it seem there is high chance of drop in standard when doc become more famous and very busy. maybe become more tired or jaded.. or burn out. maybe can still visit him when his workload is lesser

I wouldnt want a doc who do the whole PS for more than 4 patients with avearge 2 hours each patient. kalo do 4-8 patients per day. comeone doctor are still human not money generating PS machine they get tired and will make more mistake and quality drop. Now areadi got at lease 4 pax going to redo their PS after going to kalo for their PS. as u see the busier the doc, higher chance of drop in quality.

as for dr hsu of gaoshiong, no comment as his work on hello84 is not my liking thou some of you all may like it. also it was just a 7 days post ops pic, hence need to see the latest one before can know better.

appletree wrote:i am a living example that Singapore & even M'sia PS can not make it...
i got my nose revised by nara lately (the 3rd revision for me), it's finally looking better...not that my own nose was very ugly, but it got really weird after the first alarplasty done by a local PS in 2004 (well known, on tv few times and now director of PS unit in a certain hospital), he tried to fix it with laser (laser off some flesh off my tip since its crooked), but then it got even mopre crooked after that,like i was born with deformity.
last yr i went to a "certain JB PS clinic" mentioned in this forum, paid another RM6300, but the nose didn't look any better, but in every way shouting "fake nose! faek nose!"

not that i have a perfect nose now, but i guess i'm finally looking normal again, except those alarplasty scars still sticking around.

hi shal0m,

I can understand how u feel...but glad that u have finally fixed the problem...speedy recovery for you. How would u rate nara's skill?[/quote]
Last edited by tanjhj on Fri, 01 Feb 2008 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Golden Rules of PS:
1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need
2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face
3)Work on your confidence 1st

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Thu, 31 Jan 2008 5:25 am

just to share abt korean actor and actress who did it

http://wordpress.com/tag/plastic-fantastic/
Golden Rules of PS:

aliciagloria
Regular
Regular

Skin Doctor

Post by aliciagloria » Thu, 31 Jan 2008 5:36 pm

Anyone can recommend a good skin doctor? I would like to treat my Acne Scar + Large Pores. I'm also thinking of going to Bangkok to do it coz its much cheaper there.....anyone knows of a gd skin doctor in SG n BKK?
Do share with me....

thanks so much!

sarahlee

thinning of nose wings.

Post by sarahlee » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 4:35 pm

have anyone had the sides of their nose thinned?
i went to consult 2 doc and they told me alarplasty is not possible because my nostrils are too small, however i would like to reduce the fleshiness of the sides of my nose

does anyone has a photo that i can see how it looks like or something? thanks in advance

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Skin Doctor

Post by tanjhj » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 5:05 pm

aliciagloria wrote:Anyone can recommend a good skin doctor? I would like to treat my Acne Scar + Large Pores. I'm also thinking of going to Bangkok to do it coz its much cheaper there.....anyone knows of a gd skin doctor in SG n BKK?
Do share with me....

thanks so much!
flowerpod has some reviews of TLC @ orchard. u can do a search in yahoo sg
Golden Rules of PS: