Singapore Expats

Vpost service

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Vpost USA

Vpost service

Post by Vpost USA » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 10:17 am

Hi,

has anyone used this service and can comment on it? How much were you charged and how fast is it?

Thanks!!

blownalot

Post by blownalot » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 1:48 am

Endless problems with this service.

I ordered goods from Amazon.Com in early November, they were delivered to the US vPost address within 3 days. Their system then showed that 2 of the 6 items had been posted to me. To date only 1 of these has arrived, the 2nd one has disappeared from the system and the other4 items are still in the US.

vPost helpdesk has been useless in sorting this out. There is no reply from the US number that they give for their supplier.

These were supposed to be Christmas presents but its looking very unlikely they will be here in time.

I WOULD NEVER USE vPOST AGAIN.

boffenl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boffenl » Tue, 01 Jan 2008 9:18 pm

My experience was also not the best. I was impressed with the rapid speed they posted the package delivery on their web page. However, I didn't receive notice they were ready to ship until after two weeks. I seemed to always be two steps ahead where they should have been.

Not really impressed, but the prospect of asking family to do it seems to be asking too much. I may use it again when I find amazing deals like the doorbusters after Thanksgiving!

taikoo

Post by taikoo » Thu, 03 Jan 2008 1:29 pm

Thank God, that I read this post. I was about to order something from the US. Now I will think over.

Actually, it took about an hour for me to understand the mechanics of the process. It is really confusing and at the end of it, it may not be cost effective either.

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Post by road.not.taken » Fri, 25 Jan 2008 7:32 am

blownalot wrote:Endless problems with this service.

I WOULD NEVER USE vPOST AGAIN.
I second that. Disastrous tangle of red tape.

charsiew

Post by charsiew » Fri, 25 Jan 2008 10:46 pm

Please think twice over if you intend to use VPOST.

Had most unpleasant experience.

Ordered something in Japan and item landed in VPOST japan within 3 days.

But to get my item to Singapore was a nightmare.

Vpost did not receive my email nor my faxes.
I have to call them repeatedly to check.

Only after 1 email, 3 faxes, and 5 to 10 phone calls (not to mention the long wait for a customer service person to pick up the phone), I finally got them to match the invoice with the item.

Then the wait again.....for the snail service to reach me....