Singapore Expats

How to get through round 1 of Singapore Airlines interview

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 9:46 am

hello aliciagloria,

dun b disheartened,k?
juz do our best and read up all the those valuable tips and advices shared by all the kind souls here inthe forum.... :D
Dreams Do Come True

iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Post by iwannefly » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 9:46 am

jlkm2005 wrote:guess the list of people going for the 27th will be:

1) salvana
2) zandlelightz
3) rx_aelix
4) aliciagloria
5) jlkm2005

=D Jia you Jia you !

hee... i'm going too.... ^^

aliciagloria
Regular
Regular

Post by aliciagloria » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:15 pm

salvana wrote:hello aliciagloria,

dun b disheartened,k?
juz do our best and read up all the those valuable tips and advices shared by all the kind souls here inthe forum.... :D
thanks Salvana for your encouragement...yeah i have read most of their advices already.

Yesterday I wrote my speech and gonna practice it everday till the 27th. I hope I wont screw up this time....*cross my fingers*.

Gd luck to both of us! =)

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:19 pm

salvana wrote:hey hafiz_,

yupe... i was told that the ban period is 2 mths.... so, by 27th.... it's almost 2 mths....

hey zandlelightz,

well, practically... i gave a short intro abt myself and some simple qns pertaining to my part time study that i'm undertaking.... and nutin at all related to the cabin crew.... that's when i knew that 'there goes my chance'

well well.... u r a very tall guy huh? :D
i'm only 158cm... somehow SIA measure me 157... worse still i was measured 156 before....
so, height is anotha issue for me....
oh well... who cares... no matter wat obstacles that we have......juz go for the interview and do our best..... :wink:
what happens after u got measured 157 or 156? did they bar u from entering?

zandlelightz
Regular
Regular

Post by zandlelightz » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:41 pm

salvana wrote:hey hafiz_,

yupe... i was told that the ban period is 2 mths.... so, by 27th.... it's almost 2 mths....

hey zandlelightz,

well, practically... i gave a short intro abt myself and some simple qns pertaining to my part time study that i'm undertaking.... and nutin at all related to the cabin crew.... that's when i knew that 'there goes my chance'

well well.... u r a very tall guy huh? :D
i'm only 158cm... somehow SIA measure me 157... worse still i was measured 156 before....
so, height is anotha issue for me....
oh well... who cares... no matter wat obstacles that we have......juz go for the interview and do our best..... :wink:

Oh so you got to tell them why you want to be a flight steward or what. And the people who got in , what did they talk abt mostly

zandlelightz
Regular
Regular

Post by zandlelightz » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:53 pm

aliciagloria wrote:
rx_aelix wrote:guess the list of people going for the 27th will be:
1) salvana
2) zandlelightz
3) rx_aelix

=D
I'm also going...

Hey what time are you guys going. Hahaha. I am going to church first then go to the interview. Pray that i get in. Hahahaha

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 1:42 pm

hey aliciagloria,

yupe....sometimes i oso practise my intro in front of the mirror... feel silly though...wahahha... but that's the rite thing to do.. practice make perfect.
jia you wor... :D

hey akiheartfelt,

when i was measured 157, i was asked to touch the blue tape and i managed to... so, they let me thru....
when i was measured 156, i immediately said 'impossible' and politely asked the lady to measure my height once again... and they let me thru. (but again had to touch dat blue tape). wahahhaha....

the last walk-in, i was measure 158.
well well.... u'll neva know when will the lady luck shine on u.. :wink:
Dreams Do Come True

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 1:45 pm

hey zandlelightz,

yah... dat kinda questions... most of the qns can be found from the threads in this forum.

i'll b there as early as i can...wahahha... but no idea wat time i'll wakey... coz normally saturday and sunday are my fav. day to zzzzzzzz :lol:
Dreams Do Come True

Coralgal

N level?

Post by Coralgal » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 2:03 pm

Hi Zandle loghtz,

in your previous post u mention your uncle said that there was a gal whu got in with N level. i'm currently holding a o level cert with 2 credit. (including english) u think they will allow me to go tru e interview. Still cant decide if i shuld go. The idea of rejecting before gng to the interview room is unbearable.

zandlelightz
Regular
Regular

Re: N level?

Post by zandlelightz » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 2:49 pm

Coralgal wrote:Hi Zandle loghtz,

in your previous post u mention your uncle said that there was a gal whu got in with N level. i'm currently holding a o level cert with 2 credit. (including english) u think they will allow me to go tru e interview. Still cant decide if i shuld go. The idea of rejecting before gng to the interview room is unbearable.

Hi Coralgal

What my uncle told me that the gal who got in caught the judges by her first impression and even through she had n level cert she got in and she was very humble as well. The english she spoke was very good as well and she knew how to present herself as well. So i guess you should try for it. Who knows, you might get in and you got a credit in english so i guess should be fine. Got for it and don't give up. All the best.

zandlelightz
Regular
Regular

Post by zandlelightz » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 2:50 pm

salvana wrote:hey zandlelightz,

yah... dat kinda questions... most of the qns can be found from the threads in this forum.

i'll b there as early as i can...wahahha... but no idea wat time i'll wakey... coz normally saturday and sunday are my fav. day to zzzzzzzz :lol:

I be there by 11 am the latest . See u there. Maybe we can meet up.

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 2:59 pm

hey zandlelightz,

guys and gals separate row.
at the same time, i dun think can meet up.... sekali can't wakey on time ah...wahahhaha... :shock:
but b prepared for the long queue... and waiting time....

afterall, if can make it thru all the rounds.... it's worth waiting though... :wink:
Dreams Do Come True

zandlelightz
Regular
Regular

Post by zandlelightz » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 4:16 pm

salvana wrote:hey zandlelightz,

guys and gals separate row.
at the same time, i dun think can meet up.... sekali can't wakey on time ah...wahahhaha... :shock:
but b prepared for the long queue... and waiting time....

afterall, if can make it thru all the rounds.... it's worth waiting though... :wink:

Oh ok. what i heard that the girl and guys is separated. This is going to be my first time going for the interview. haha. I hope waiting time is short. Anyway i am just trying out for the job just for to see if i can get in. If not i just going to be a dxo with the army. Hahaha.

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 4:24 pm

isnt the ban period for management round is 6 months?

Cloey

Re: How to get through round 1 of Singapore Airlines intervi

Post by Cloey » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 4:43 pm

zandlelightz wrote:Hello to everyone. What i heard from my uncle is that they need alot of people for the 27 Jan interview so just go for it. What the want is that you have the height and that you can talk confident and well and they don;t go for look. Thats what he told me as he is a chief steward. Yup. So all the best to you all.

:lol:
Hi, is ur uncle involve in the recruitment process? I think they are not that stringent with overal presentation, but there are still critiria that they are looking at right. Seems like ppl quite after their bonus, so they need more ppl now. haha.