Singapore Expats

Best Advice by queenie - I am just helping ;)

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Best Advice by queenie - I am just helping ;)

Post by queenie-me » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 3:28 pm

One thing for sure that FEAR IS ALL IN YOUR MIND!
What could be worse?
The interviewers are doing their job, why are you so afraid of them?

My best advice is BETTER NOT to be afraid cause you might never know that one of the interviewers will actually be your trainers. - IT'S ALWAYS THE CASE! In the end, you will still have to face her from 9-5 every mon-fri.

Airline interview is mostly about listening to instructions.
If they ask you to walk, JUST WALK. Why is it so scary to walk back and forth the interviewer. When they ask you to smile, JUST SMILE. It's not that hard for you to do with strangers, then why is it hard to do it with the interviewers? - Ask yourself.

Uniform fitting is like trying on something and make sure you look good on it. - JUST LIKE SHOPPING!!! ;) How about WCT? Well.. even if they don't have it during interview rounds. They will definitely have it during training. Plus, the wave and climbing onto the slide raft and making sure you get in or the instructors will SHOUT at you! :)

Skin checks: FACE REALITY PLEASE. Almost all airlines have skin checks so, don't bother asking whether is it alright if you have this and that. Go to the interview and check it out yourself. Most people here can't answer for you directly mainly because 1. They are not the interviewers. 2. They can't see. - do you expect people to imagine for you? 3. They will only comfort you. - I am being very honest. So, if you really wanna know, go to the interview yourself and find out.

Ps: try using sally hansen leg spray. It comes in different skin tones. Plus, it can also be used on other parts of your body.

Everytime, when there's interviews, there will be the same ol' questions asking and saying that they are afraid and scared of WCT, uniform fitting, skin checks. But in reality, you have to face it. No matter how much you fear, when you want it, you just do it. Cause' by fearing you will never go further. Cause fear will hold you back.

And one more thing, PLEASE BE YOURSELF during interviews. I have seen outrageous people being so daring, over-confident and not humble at all. In Singapore base airline, your majority part to survive long in the industry here is to be EXTREMELY HUMBLE! . Ask me why? I can't asnwer you, cause it started from the seniors. Ask them - if you dare! :lol:

Don't worry about not getting in cause THERE ARE MANY AIRLINES OUT THERE. For example: Not getting into Silkair won't murder you Or not getting in Emirates will make your life miserable.
I have a friend who was rejected by Silkair but was accepted by SQ.
Plus do not put high hopes on yourself, cause when you are dissappointed it will be the worse feeling of all time.

Finally, after much mumbling here - WONDER IF ANYONE WOULD BE INTERESTED IN READING. :lol: :lol:
I would like to congratulate to those who made it. - It's not over yet....
And I would like to say GOOD LUCK to those who are in the process of interviewing. Plus, I would like to encourage everyone to try all airlines and pick the best. Don't regret LIKE ME!!!

hehe.. best of all and thank you for reading.
Last edited by queenie-me on Mon, 21 Jan 2008 5:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

jR_iT's_me

Post by jR_iT's_me » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 4:14 pm

yesh i was actualli readin it. thnks alot queenie its a veri useful pcs of information for everyone. Yesh, dun feel sad if cant get silk air try jetstar , tigerway , n etc keep trying dun stop. If realli no airline wan to tk u in dun feel sad its nt the end of world! I am sure god haf betta plans for u n awaiting for u. God noe wats best for u! Be glad at least u tried n not regretting after 10 yr times dwn the road blaming urself for nt even trying! Good luck ladies. Keep trying.

jR*

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Best Advice by queenie - I am just helping ;)

Post by queenie-me » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 6:02 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen,

GOOD NEWS!

If you have questions that no one is able to answer, you can ask me , by using PM at the bottom left of this post.

All questions on regards of Aviation. You may want to specific which airline you are asking about too... I will try my best to answer questions which were being asked. If I can't give you an answer, I will tell you cause I am not smart either.

So no worries.. PM me with all the questions, I will try my best to help you. Wish everyone the best of luck and congratulations for those who made it.

jasminn

Post by jasminn » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 6:14 pm

whoa. i did read those advice you gave. great advice :) thanks alot queenie-me!

jlkm2005

Post by jlkm2005 » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 7:30 pm

*thumb up* for the threat...
yeah no point scare this scare that until u really go through the process...fear will bring u nowhere
*clap* thx alot for those experienced candidates who share their valuable experience...i think with all the content on this forum, we may write a book just about cabin crew.....lol :D

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 7:49 pm

aiyah.... it's human nature to be scare mah when go for job interview. unless you so cool that the interviewer thinks you are too arrogant!

the key is to prepare yourself - what they gonna ask, what you gonna answer, what you gonna ask, etc.

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 9:18 pm

durain wrote:aiyah.... it's human nature to be scare mah when go for job interview. unless you so cool that the interviewer thinks you are too arrogant!

the key is to prepare yourself - what they gonna ask, what you gonna answer, what you gonna ask, etc.
The expression to we use normally is scare? Why scare?? Why use the expression scare? Let me explain in details why feeling scared and fear is negative: Cause these feelings goes all the way up to your mind and you can't focus. Cause you are too scared and fearful... Doesn't mean you are scare shows that you are NOT too arrgant!

It's human nature by far I see that if we go for interview, we feel NERVOUS. But doesn't mean you should feel nervous to make it all the way. Cause nervous too sometimes, makes you think all over the place from the negative and positive.

Yes, the key is to prepare yourself. Do you think others - maybe you are different- can prepare themselves when they feel scared and fearful or even feeling too nervous of the interview? Some ended up sleepless night - Which is wrong!- You are should be sleeping and have a good rest so, that you won't look droopy and you can concentrate on what the interviewers are instructing.

I believe strongly that candidates shouldn't use fear and scared or even feeling too nervous cause it will only affect their performances during the interview.

Keep your mind clear and free from all this negative effect including nervousness. Most importantly: CONCENTRATE on what the interviewers are instructing.

Once again: Good luck ladies and gentlemen!

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 11:17 pm

I totally agree! Although it's human nature to be nervous (but not scared, they are not gonna eat you, you know), you should have the confidence! You should always congratulate yourself that you did a good job that you made it this far after every stage of the interview. Never doubt yourself coz it will just bring you down. Don't let any physical imperfections (like scars, etc.) bring down your morale. I do not agree that if you go for the interview looking cool, you are being arrogant. In fact you are projecting a comfortable candidate that's ready to go! Instill the confidence in yourself. Don't let any feedbacks from others bring you down. Different people have different capabilities. Don't fret if you do not make it to the next stage. Reflect on how you've done and improve on it. If you think you did nothing wrong, look deeper, there must be something. For myself, I've gone for countless airline interviews and did countless readings and research before actually getting myself all the way to pushing the heavy cart 35,000ft above sea level. Believe me, perseverance will eventually bring you somewhere.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Tue, 22 Jan 2008 6:45 pm

Thanks for the advice! :)

Acorna

Post by Acorna » Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:50 pm

Hear Hear..
thanks so much!!!

ArchLight

Post by ArchLight » Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:56 pm

I've read it,thks for the advise.

Miz

Post by Miz » Thu, 24 Jan 2008 11:29 pm

I had read it too..
Thanks for all the tips and i'm longing for the next interview..
but i'm always lack of confidence..i hope i'll do better next time round..
=) thank again for all the advise.

foxwish

Post by foxwish » Fri, 25 Jan 2008 4:16 pm

Hi Queenie, do u ever c shorter than 1.58cm air-stewardess? Im 1.55cm and i dunno wan to go this 27 jan walk-in ornt... pls advise.. Thank you
I'm a 'n' level holder plus a private diploma.. dunno they will accept it or not... :roll:

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Fri, 25 Jan 2008 6:30 pm

foxwish wrote:Hi Queenie, do u ever c shorter than 1.58cm air-stewardess? Im 1.55cm and i dunno wan to go this 27 jan walk-in ornt... pls advise.. Thank you
I'm a 'n' level holder plus a private diploma.. dunno they will accept it or not... :roll:
If you hear people saying go for it, don't listen to them! I'm not being mean but I'm trying to bring across the fact to you. You need the height to reach all emergency equipment onboard. You won't stand a chance.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Fri, 25 Jan 2008 8:05 pm

foxwish wrote:Hi Queenie, do u ever c shorter than 1.58cm air-stewardess? Im 1.55cm and i dunno wan to go this 27 jan walk-in ornt... pls advise.. Thank you
Qualification wise. I have a few questions to clarify myself. But you may try. Height wise. I think rather not waste your time. It's very dissappointing to hear, I'm sorry you can't go thru the interview.