Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:34 am

curi0us wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:I will leave that for Is there any reason why you might not be able to start the training in FEB?
Venie to ask :wink: Venie did you enjoy your 1st day at STC, did you fell asleep yet :???: How about the song funny singing it right :P
sorry, i was merely asking wad are the training hours like??
:oops!:sorry ahh I copy and paste the wrong sentance. What Iwant to say is as Venie is doing her training now its better for her to answer last I heard of is 0845-1700hr

maddy_licious

Post by maddy_licious » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:44 am

yellowpig wrote:wahaha, anybody knows if the SIA PEOPLE will turn you away if you wear braces on 25th JAN ? like, see you and go :"EH U GOT BRACES, CANNOT CANNOT!"

thankk you!
i think depends on the interviewer. i was with braces last time and i didnt get in. one time the interviewer hint abt my braces and i stopped trying till i remove my braces. =) but i did see ppl with brace pass as well. u can try =)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:46 am

okieping wrote:
xanngac wrote:I haven't receive my contract leh okieping, think tmr must call Mary to find out. Hee...got to trouble her again.

Btw you going down to sign on Wed is it? We can go tailor the uniform together aft tt hehe.
okie...23rd, wed at 2pm...see you there.. btw i only got mine on the 15th..so think u should be able to get yours by today or friday
Yea see you at 2pm. I also hope to receive today if not I don't know if I can mail back to them before training not cz nowadays the mailing abit slow due to the sending of CNY cards ah.
And so my journey begins... :)

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:48 am

xanngac wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:Sorry guys didn't manage to make it tonight, lose track of time talking to my kakis there :P I actually prepared the cocktail concoction list for the gathering liao but by the time I am ready to leave its too late already. :oops!: So when is the next gathering??
Ohhh what cocktalk concoction? Hehe next gathering ah, who wants to take up this task leh. Hafiz and I did our share for the first one already wor. :)
Cocktail lah not cocktalk.... [-X I know talk cock but a xxxx that talks :???: never heard before too... :D The concoction list is a must have when you fly unless you previously work as a bar tender so can remember all the concoction onboard the plane hahaha. The list will tell you how to make ...a screwdriver, skyhigh...etc
Last edited by Abercrombie on Thu, 17 Jan 2008 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:49 am

okieping wrote: think is ok for those having training (i wouldn't mind)...but the rest gonna travel very very far....
I think it would benefit those who are training, but for the rest of you all very far leh. Especially people like yingying and Raine, wah travel almost half of SG to get there liao.

Maybe we can do it at Bugis or something, at least it slightly eastern yet centralise? :)

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:50 am

sheepish wrote:Have the next one at SIA sports club? Cos by then I guess there will be a lot more peepz already in training?

What do you all say? Just a suggestion :)
xanngac wrote:
hafiz_ wrote: haha, yeah it was fun! and who's up for planning the next one? we could do it in feb. there, i just made the planning slightly easier! hehe.

and those who went today, i'll compile the list by tmr ok? gotta rush my tutorial now. :?
No hurry lah hehe, tutorial more impt. We can wait a day or two, no problem at all. :D

Yea, okieping will plan one for Feb, anyone wants to help her? And yes, Abercrombie is on top of the list cause ALL of us wants to meet you! :)
Good idea :P Very very good :P Its not very far lah you gals have to get use to it as you wanted to be train there right :twisted:

smileygal

Post by smileygal » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:50 am

It's quite happening here huh... how nice....
Anyway, i finally resigned... will be back in singapore on 27th Jan, for good... so count me in for the next gathering too... hope to see the mysterious faces too....

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:51 am

Abercrombie wrote:
xanngac wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:Sorry guys didn't manage to make it tonight, lose track of time talking to my kakis there :P I actually prepared the cocktail concoction list for the gathering liao but by the time I am ready to leave its too late already. :oops!: So when is the next gathering??
Ohhh what cocktalk concoction? Hehe next gathering ah, who wants to take up this task leh. Hafiz and I did our share for the first one already wor. :)
Coaktail lah not coaktalk.... [-X I know talk cock but a xxxx that talks :???: never heard before too... :D The concoction list is a must have when you fly unless you previously work as a bar tender so can remember onboard the plane hahaha. The list will tell you how to make ...a screwdriver, skyhigh...etc
Wahahahaha sorry sorry typo lah! :oops:

Woo you mean we're going to learn all that? COOL! :D

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:52 am

iwannefly wrote:I juz came back from overseas today... =/ didn't make it for the meetup =/ so sad... how i wish i can join u all..
Never mind, the next outing coming up. Just keep yourself updated. :)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:55 am

smileygal wrote:It's quite happening here huh... how nice....
Anyway, i finally resigned... will be back in singapore on 27th Jan, for good... so count me in for the next gathering too... hope to see the mysterious faces too....
Hehe congrats finally settled the stuffs over there! :) Wah can you pack everything before you come back not? I've this image that you have tons of stuffs over there... :P

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:56 am

xanngac wrote:
smileygal wrote:It's quite happening here huh... how nice....
Hehe congrats finally settled the stuffs over there! :) Wah can you pack everything before you come back not? I've this image that you have tons of stuffs over there... :P
welcome back etihadgirl! :)

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 1:00 am

Wa... put me 1st in the list ahh so stress liao... but hor Feb I am very busy leh all the friday not free except 22nd Feb but I might be going diving if the Diving season in West Malaysia starts so can't confirm. If can meet earlier 2/2 Sat or 3/2 Sun I can make it :wink:

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 1:01 am

maddy_licious wrote:
yellowpig wrote:wahaha, anybody knows if the SIA PEOPLE will turn you away if you wear braces on 25th JAN ? like, see you and go :"EH U GOT BRACES, CANNOT CANNOT!"

thankk you!
i think depends on the interviewer. i was with braces last time and i didnt get in. one time the interviewer hint abt my braces and i stopped trying till i remove my braces. =) but i did see ppl with brace pass as well. u can try =)
Err... Do you expect such a big company to turn you away in this manner?
:shock:

Anyway, there's no definite answer since we're not from the HR side, so just go and try lah. Rather than imagine being turned away, why not prepare yourself so that in case they ask about it, you have a convincing answer to give them.

Take it as an exposure, at least you get the first hand feel of how the interview process is like and of course you get to meet people who share the same passion as you do.

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 1:03 am

Abercrombie wrote:Wa... put me 1st in the list ahh so stress liao... but hor Feb I am very busy leh all the friday not free except 22nd Feb but I might be going diving if the Diving season in West Malaysia starts so can't confirm. If can meet earlier 2/2 Sat or 3/2 Sun I can make it :wink:
Okieping, hear that? Take note hor hehe.

You see, we're doing this for you Abercrombie. Hahaha stress right. :P

zetpeh
Regular
Regular

Post by zetpeh » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 1:03 am

yeah back .... Its a great outing and HAVE A GREAT FLIGHT all....