Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 4:06 pm

yingying2888 wrote:
Sokeai wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:i called mary too. said i pass my medical. but alot of formalities to fulfil.

it totally sucked to be a foreigner studying in spore. apparently the S pass that SIA is going to apply for me requires a minimum diploma. so even if i finish everything in feb, i still gotta wait till may when i get the actual diploma, then SIA can apply for me.

after waiting all the way till may, i still gotta wait for 2-4 weeks again to process and "subjected to approval"... i called the MOM lady too and asked if i could use transcripts she simply said "insufficient".. i feel so sick that after all the interviews and medicals, i cant start. spent 3/4 of my life her studyin etc, ended up more diff to get a job than other fellow malaysians..

SIGH!

anyway, huge congrats to all who can start soon enough!
Cheer up Yingying :) Well at least you know that your medical is ok.

All you can do now is to ensure that you clear all your modules and get your diploma by May so that they can apply work permit for you. Maybe i'll try to ask my mum what is involve in getting a work permit since she is also doing HR stuff & handling work permit applications for M'sia & China chinese in SPH :)

I'm also tied up by my exams and stuff, only can start in June. But i'm looking forward for that day. We might even be batch mates hehe :oops:
cool.. that will be really helpful if you can ask your mum.. haha.. and yea.. since i'm graduating officially in may too, high chance we'll be batch mates.. that is if nothing goes wrong on my side.. haha! thanks babe!
I just called my mum ask told her about your situation. I'll tell you later on, abit sensitive hehe :D

Don't worry k.
Hello there!

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 4:07 pm

rx_aelix wrote:
xanngac wrote:
rx_aelix wrote:hi all, i'm new here and shared the same passion as you people here.

i have been following the forum and i also understand that some are from sp and will only graduating in april or may this year,

but will be available after the exams and projects, how do you go and tell them about these?

btw i will be going down for the 27th jan walk-in also... ><"

and i also hope to know all the kind soul here :D

and grats raine :D
No need to literally tell them. If you look at the application form, you just have to fill in your availability accordingly. If they want to find out more, they will ask you during the interview.
thanks xanngac :D

i hope to be like all of u ppl here and get started on training(hopefully) :(

enjoy the dinner tonight
Is there any reason why you might not be able to start the training in FEB?

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 4:07 pm

yingying2888 wrote: thanks xanngac, i'm thinking of asking my diploma earlier from the school, but i wonder if that's possible. in any case i can only wait, bitch and whine about it. haha.. i wanted to call back msry and asdk if that's the only pass that they can apply for msians. if it isnt, then there wun be so much complications.. but i guess i'll call her back another day.. the only thing that cheers me up a lil is the food and company that i'm expecting at the dinner later.. =)
Actually a lot of things you have to ask in order to get it. Ask your lecturer for help, talk to them see what they can do to help you facilitate this thing. I'm sure they have certain power to influence if you can convince them to help you. :)

Yeah, forget that for tonight and enjoy our company! :D
And so my journey begins... :)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 4:11 pm

rx_aelix wrote:
lunch? they will stop and ask us to come back a certain time? *what am i talking, interviewers need eat also* =x

actually quite blur on the process, i keep on imagine that have to wait there and cannot leave, from what i observe is like grp by grp have to wait for everyone in the grp to finish o.o
Er yah if you only managed to finish round 1 and its lunch time, they will tell you to come back after lunch, they will tell you the timing, no need to worry so much k.

Yes unless its lunch break, if not you have to wait in the area in groups. (Your friend can't enter unless he/she is also one of the interviewees.) So your friend can only accompany you while you first queue up to hand in your form, after that, he/she has to wait somewhere else for you to finish.

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 4:14 pm

rx_aelix wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:
rx_aelix wrote:hi all, i'm new here and shared the same passion as you people here.

i have been following the forum and i also understand that some are from sp and will only graduating in april or may this year,

but will be available after the exams and projects, how do you go and tell them about these?

btw i will be going down for the 27th jan walk-in also... ><"

and i also hope to know all the kind soul here :D

and grats raine :D

Thanks!!

i think u shud jus go down for the interview.. and when they ask jus say u graduating in april lor. haha its only 2 months from 27th jan ma.
i went for the interview 2 months b4 my graduation too. all interviews processing and all, time will pass very quickly.
i'm just afraid that like the previous post, they want you to show them ur dip cert before they allow you to proceed. it will be like so sad, when actually u can start sooner.

i plan to go down early in the morning , which will be very early cos i;m staying in jurong. will they allow ppl to company you to go? *sound kiddy* =x
Yup, because SIA won't know 100% that you will pass your final exam :? If you started training then sway sway fail one subject then how?? You will have to quit and SIA wasted $$ and time on you, so if you are the employer will you do that...I am not sure this will work, you use your O level to apply(If that intake min requirement is O level) but you will have a lower starting pay, just a little lower... then when you get your diploma summit to HR to update then upz your basic.

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 4:16 pm

Sokeai wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
Sokeai wrote: Cheer up Yingying :) Well at least you know that your medical is ok.

All you can do now is to ensure that you clear all your modules and get your diploma by May so that they can apply work permit for you. Maybe i'll try to ask my mum what is involve in getting a work permit since she is also doing HR stuff & handling work permit applications for M'sia & China chinese in SPH :)

I'm also tied up by my exams and stuff, only can start in June. But i'm looking forward for that day. We might even be batch mates hehe :oops:
cool.. that will be really helpful if you can ask your mum.. haha.. and yea.. since i'm graduating officially in may too, high chance we'll be batch mates.. that is if nothing goes wrong on my side.. haha! thanks babe!
I just called my mum ask told her about your situation. I'll tell you later on, abit sensitive hehe :D

Don't worry k.
that's fast! thanks all helpful peeps!

rx_aelix
Regular
Regular

Post by rx_aelix » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 4:17 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
rx_aelix wrote:
xanngac wrote: No need to literally tell them. If you look at the application form, you just have to fill in your availability accordingly. If they want to find out more, they will ask you during the interview.
thanks xanngac :D

i hope to be like all of u ppl here and get started on training(hopefully) :(

enjoy the dinner tonight
Is there any reason why you might not be able to start the training in FEB?
actually not really, i can start in the mid of feb, i'm just afraid that they wan to see ur cert before letting u proceed. after heard from ranie and xanngac, i can be at ease a little, and start preparing for the interview :D

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 4:19 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
rx_aelix wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:

Thanks!!

i think u shud jus go down for the interview.. and when they ask jus say u graduating in april lor. haha its only 2 months from 27th jan ma.
i went for the interview 2 months b4 my graduation too. all interviews processing and all, time will pass very quickly.
i'm just afraid that like the previous post, they want you to show them ur dip cert before they allow you to proceed. it will be like so sad, when actually u can start sooner.

i plan to go down early in the morning , which will be very early cos i;m staying in jurong. will they allow ppl to company you to go? *sound kiddy* =x
Yup, because SIA won't know 100% that you will pass your final exam :? If you started training then sway sway fail one subject then how?? You will have to quit and SIA wasted $$ and time on you, so if you are the employer will you do that...I am not sure this will work, you use your O level to apply(If that intake min requirement is O level) but you will have a lower starting pay, just a little lower... then when you get your diploma summit to HR to update then upz your basic.
yea.. abercrombie's right.. thats how they gonna apply for me my pass too.. which for my case, adds in a lot a lot of complications.. thats why for the time being i'm trying my luck to see if i can get my cert earlier that others..

rx_aelix : i'm from SP too. school of BE. =)

rx_aelix
Regular
Regular

Post by rx_aelix » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 4:20 pm

xanngac wrote:
rx_aelix wrote: XD xanngac haha... ya must impress the interview, have been looking through the question that you people provides, some really tough ><lunch><"
Ya some were tough, some were easy. Sometimes luck also plays a part. So things you can't control, you don't think about it. Think about what you can control, which is to prepare yourself fully for the interview! :)

Anyway not everyone got in at their first try, as long as you felt that you have given your best, the rest is up to the interviewers to decide already. Jiayou.
thanks xanngac! u sure have been very helpful :D
anyway what is the mar batch thinggy? is it from the 27th jan interviews successful candidate?

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 4:20 pm

rainschocolate wrote:EEEEYERRRRR

FUTURE SINGAPORE GIRL EARN SO MUCH WANT TO SAVE FEW DOLLARS ON SUNDAEEEEEEE

=x

lol joking la!! now u can happily study and pass and join us to fly~!~!~!~!~!~!~~!

yes yes yes. u still owe me my hugs whahahahha
Agreed !! So dinner on you Rain chocolate ??? :kiss: Thks in advance if I can make it :P

rx_aelix
Regular
Regular

Post by rx_aelix » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 4:24 pm

thanks Abercrombie, thats my worries too. i suppose should have pass all, i also asked my lecturer about this, and she asked me to fill in as course completed. by the time i am accepted (hopefully :( ) i am able to present my last sem result slips from school.

ying ying.. so is you from sp? hihi... i'm from smit.. nice to meet you..

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 4:28 pm

rx_aelix wrote:
xanngac wrote:
rx_aelix wrote: XD xanngac haha... ya must impress the interview, have been looking through the question that you people provides, some really tough ><lunch><"
Ya some were tough, some were easy. Sometimes luck also plays a part. So things you can't control, you don't think about it. Think about what you can control, which is to prepare yourself fully for the interview! :)

Anyway not everyone got in at their first try, as long as you felt that you have given your best, the rest is up to the interviewers to decide already. Jiayou.
anyway what is the mar batch thinggy? is it from the 27th jan interviews successful candidate?
Most welcome. :) No lah every mth there's training batches, so if you can't make it in time for the Feb batch, naturally u go for the Mar ma haha. :P

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 4:28 pm

rx_aelix wrote:thanks Abercrombie, thats my worries too. i suppose should have pass all, i also asked my lecturer about this, and she asked me to fill in as course completed. by the time i am accepted (hopefully :( ) i am able to present my last sem result slips from school.

ying ying.. so is you from sp? hihi... i'm from smit.. nice to meet you..
haha.. yes.. its me.. exam periods now.. hopefully they can print me my diploma first.. my transcripts only reflects how bad my results and attendance were in school...

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 4:30 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:EEEEYERRRRR

FUTURE SINGAPORE GIRL EARN SO MUCH WANT TO SAVE FEW DOLLARS ON SUNDAEEEEEEE

=x

lol joking la!! now u can happily study and pass and join us to fly~!~!~!~!~!~!~~!

yes yes yes. u still owe me my hugs whahahahha
Agreed !! So dinner on you Rain chocolate ??? :kiss: Thks in advance if I can make it :P
Can lah, just come after the lion dance troop is done with their performance lor. At most give you some time to kaypoh abit then come over, say about 9pm? :mrgreen:

rx_aelix
Regular
Regular

Post by rx_aelix » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 4:32 pm

xanngac wrote:
rx_aelix wrote:
xanngac wrote: Ya some were tough, some were easy. Sometimes luck also plays a part. So things you can't control, you don't think about it. Think about what you can control, which is to prepare yourself fully for the interview! :)

Most welcome. :) No lah every mth there's training batches, so if you can't make it in time for the Feb batch, naturally u go for the Mar ma haha. :P
oh oh really???? wao.... i hope i really can pass... :roll: