Singapore Expats

Weight Watchers

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
ShirleySU

Post by ShirleySU » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 3:06 pm

I'm a great fan of Tosca Reno. She advocates eating clean. Protein & complex carbs at every meal, 5-6 meals a day. Best thing is you'll never feel hungry. I started her eating plan a few months ago & it has been working great for me! You can read her book "The Eat Clean Diet" for more info.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 3:26 am

ShirleySU wrote:I'm a great fan of Tosca Reno. She advocates eating clean. Protein & complex carbs at every meal, 5-6 meals a day. Best thing is you'll never feel hungry. I started her eating plan a few months ago & it has been working great for me! You can read her book "The Eat Clean Diet" for more info.
Not another multi level marketing racket :roll:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 9:17 am

Her signature link sure is. But we have to allow it as long as it stay within guidelines. I've already cautioned her about sowing one-line comments all over the place and dredging up old threads to post the same info just to spam her signature link.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ShirleySU

Post by ShirleySU » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 12:47 pm

So sorry I made such a bad impression. I'm here to share & learn more about health & fitness too! Just to intro myself, I'm crazy about health & fitness. I eat clean, run & go gym every week.

U r right, my website has got to do with MLM. It's what I'm passionate about too. Personal development & education. No offence. :)

gene06

Post by gene06 » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:25 am

Hi peeps!

I heard abt this fair (I believe they call it a healthfair!)
@Alexandra hospital.

I am a bit overweight and I have tried like gym, high protein diets, even my own porridge diet!
But been at it for abt a year with little success so giving this a try. Hospital should be quite effective since they are so EVIDENCE-BASED these days. so i guess there's some guarantee for success.

Thought I share this with you guys.

aniwaes, i think it's on at 1 March

So what new diets anyone has tried so far? I still beleive in the hi-protein diet and not so much carbs. Recently I read somewhere abt this Targeted Nutrition Timing (TNT). Itz abt eating the right food at the right time. Anyone heard abt this?
iLuvEating

mylingwg

Post by mylingwg » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 3:59 am

has weight watchers club started yet?

knutty

Any weight watchers out there?

Post by knutty » Mon, 06 Oct 2008 4:57 pm

Hi there,

I'm thinking about joining the Weight-Watchers online group, via their website and wondered if anyone else was a member and what they thought of it.

Thanks!

Boulevard
Regular
Regular

Post by Boulevard » Mon, 06 Oct 2008 5:55 pm

Hi,
I joined WW online for 2 months during the summer and I lost 10lbs. Its good, but quite difficult to do it on your own.

If there was a group here or whatever, I would start doing it again. I think group WW is a lot better for motivation etc.
If a group has started let me know!! :wink:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 06 Oct 2008 7:10 pm

Boulevard wrote:Hi,
I joined WW online for 2 months during the summer and I lost 10lbs. Its good, but quite difficult to do it on your own.
Have you managed to keep the 4.5 kilo off since then?

I lost 2.75 lbs a week for 20 weeks for a total of 55 lbs. It's now 3.5 months since I finished and I'm still at the same weight I finished at. (actually about 1.5 lbs less). :wink:
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Thu, 30 Oct 2008 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Boulevard
Regular
Regular

Post by Boulevard » Mon, 06 Oct 2008 7:26 pm

Jesus SMS thats fantastic!! :shock:
Yes managed to keep it off, but still have 1 more stone to go!
Are you doing it online??

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 07 Oct 2008 12:10 am

I wouldn't do WW as it's not the type of program I could endorse. Any program that has "cheating" days as part of the program is not my way of doing things. I guess that's why WW isn't all that good in the long run. At least looking at the failure rate there. You would seem to be the exception rather than the rule.

Boulevard
Regular
Regular

Post by Boulevard » Tue, 07 Oct 2008 9:41 am

What programme have you been doing then? I'd like to try it.

grets76

Weight Watchers

Post by grets76 » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 6:28 pm

grets76,

The email / letter your received is primarily because of people like youself. You are planning to go to aus, rip off copies of the program and hustle it here. What that mean is you are not much better than a common crook in as much as you are ripping off Intellectual property much the same as software and music rippers are pirates.

As we don't condone the doing of anything illegal on this forum I have erased your post and locked your account.

ash_nse

weight mangement

Post by ash_nse » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 12:19 am

hi, are you guys able to maintain the weight after you have managed to slim down?

by the way how much should one weight management program or pills or anything be so that is it considered reasonable?

thanks

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 6:55 am

ash_nse,

I cannot speak for anybody else except my self. I am now at 135 days past the end of my diet (4.5 months). I got on the scales this morning and I weight within 100 grams of what I weighed on the 16th of June when I officially finished my program. I've never fluctuated more than 1.5 kg from week to week since then. Granted I cannot ever go back to eating like I did before and that was abnormal eating. Had it been "Normal" I wouldn't have gotten fat in the first place.

What I am saying is basically, any diet will work for you provided you change your habits and do NOT go back to the same eating habits. However, if you do not follow a diet 100% according the the diet, the odds of you gaining the weight back are almost 100% as well as you have to both change your eating habits and reprogramme your HGH to keep from getting insulin spikes and serotonin levels out of whack, thereby causing sugar & starch cravings.

sms