Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
fiftycents.thoughts

Post by fiftycents.thoughts » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:11 pm

[quote="yingying2888"][quote="Abercrombie"]You have to pass medical then can start training. I have heard before that there are people who started flying and got airsick so cannot tahan then quit.[/quote]

yea.. thanks.. but what i mean was, has anyone fail their medical check up before? like they were found to be too unhealthy to be employed by SIA, and got rejected by SIA?[/quote]

yea! me! i got rejected at the medical round because i've got scoliosis with cobb angle at 25 degree. =(

angietyj

Post by angietyj » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:11 pm

Hey, Like to ask if they accept people with mole. I've got a mole at e tip of my nose. hm.. pretty obvious thou. :(
xanngac wrote:
scopio124 wrote:Is it true that u have to be very good in English and zero grammar mistake in order to get in?

I can speak but i admit that my grammar is really terrible, even when i talk..
Well I think they do want people who can speak good English but no need very good English... They wouldn't want the passengers to have a hard time trying to figure out what the cabin crew is trying to say. But zero grammar mistake is abit too much to ask for, it would be more like a preference.

Anyway sometimes they do ask about the command of English language that one possess during interviews. I guess they are more concern with whether you are willing to overcome your weakness and how you are going to overcome it, than to shoot you down if you don't speak good English.

So if your language is not very good, better brush up on it before the interviews. If you keep trying, I'm sure you will improve. :)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:17 pm

angietyj wrote:Hey, Like to ask if they accept people with mole. I've got a mole at e tip of my nose. hm.. pretty obvious thou. :(
xanngac wrote:
scopio124 wrote:Is it true that u have to be very good in English and zero grammar mistake in order to get in?

I can speak but i admit that my grammar is really terrible, even when i talk..
Well I think they do want people who can speak good English but no need very good English... They wouldn't want the passengers to have a hard time trying to figure out what the cabin crew is trying to say. But zero grammar mistake is abit too much to ask for, it would be more like a preference.

Anyway sometimes they do ask about the command of English language that one possess during interviews. I guess they are more concern with whether you are willing to overcome your weakness and how you are going to overcome it, than to shoot you down if you don't speak good English.

So if your language is not very good, better brush up on it before the interviews. If you keep trying, I'm sure you will improve. :)

If it is not those with a bump and can be concealed well with makeup, should be fine. If not, I think you might have to remove it.
And so my journey begins... :)

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:18 pm

fiftycents.thoughts wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:You have to pass medical then can start training. I have heard before that there are people who started flying and got airsick so cannot tahan then quit.
yea.. thanks.. but what i mean was, has anyone fail their medical check up before? like they were found to be too unhealthy to be employed by SIA, and got rejected by SIA?

yea! me! i got rejected at the medical round because i've got scoliosis with cobb angle at 25 degree. =(
ohh.. they called you back to tlel you bout this? cos i tot the medical report is confidential..

fiftycents.thoughts

Post by fiftycents.thoughts » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:39 pm

[quote="yingying2888"][quote="fiftycents.thoughts"][quote="yingying2888"][quote="Abercrombie"]You have to pass medical then can start training. I have heard before that there are people who started flying and got airsick so cannot tahan then quit.[/quote]

yea.. thanks.. but what i mean was, has anyone fail their medical check up before? like they were found to be too unhealthy to be employed by SIA, and got rejected by SIA?[/quote]

yea! me! i got rejected at the medical round because i've got scoliosis with cobb angle at 25 degree. =([/quote]

ohh.. they called you back to tlel you bout this? cos i tot the medical report is confidential..[/quote]

actually i oso not sure.. but that shld be the prob cause the doc told me i am healthy when she gave me a check up. so i guess the main problem shld b scoliosis because the nurse mentioned that sia wanted crews if their scoliosis angle is less than 20 degree. they sent me a letter telling me i was rejected =((

lipcolor

hey hey..~

Post by lipcolor » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:48 pm

snowss wrote:Anyone going for the walk in on 27 Jan?? I am going at 8am :)

Interested can PM me...

Waiting for it man 8-) ...
hihi snowss..~
i'll be goin on the 27th too..~
let's hope ellin18 (Christine) can join us..~
pls psycho her..!! hoho..~

see all of u there..!!! *.^
colorful l!fe..~

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 12:01 am

yingying2888 wrote:
ohh.. they called you back to tlel you bout this? cos i tot the medical report is confidential..

actually i oso not sure.. but that shld be the prob cause the doc told me i am healthy when she gave me a check up. so i guess the main problem shld b scoliosis because the nurse mentioned that sia wanted crews if their scoliosis angle is less than 20 degree. they sent me a letter telling me i was rejected =((
that must have sucked... how long did you waited before they sent you the letter?

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Re: hey hey..~

Post by snowss » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 1:14 am

lipcolor wrote:

Interested can PM me...

hihi snowss..~

lipcolor....yeah....let's make it on the 27thJan...get Christine to come down too :P

Sorry didnt have the chance to make it for the Emirates interview, due to my voice...last min suddenly had a sore throat :x

Afraid if i go...the interviewers will think tat I m a tranvestite or some...u see, my voice sounded like A-do #-o

Btw, for ur Emirates interview...u are currently waiting for mgmt round or wat?
(=^_^=)

jlkm2005

Post by jlkm2005 » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 1:22 am

hi everyone!

I wanna ask a question...I am from Malaysia and I went for the interview(write in) on 13th Jan @ KL but unfortunately got booted out. Do u guys think I can try the upcoming walk in on 27th Jan in Spore??

should I declare my previous attempt in the application form?

Thanks alot! :)

angietyj

Post by angietyj » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 9:26 am

snowss wrote:
lipcolor wrote:

Interested can PM me...

hihi snowss..~

lipcolor....yeah....let's make it on the 27thJan...get Christine to come down too :P

Sorry didnt have the chance to make it for the Emirates interview, due to my voice...last min suddenly had a sore throat :x

Afraid if i go...the interviewers will think tat I m a tranvestite or some...u see, my voice sounded like A-do #-o

Erm.. Im pretty new to this website. but i'm going for e 27th interview for stewardess! lolx. can we like meet up or sumthing.. im pretty nervous! :shock: wanna noe if they accept gals with mole? i got a mole at e tip of my nose thou :-|

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 9:54 am

jlkm2005 wrote:hi everyone!

I wanna ask a question...I am from Malaysia and I went for the interview(write in) on 13th Jan @ KL but unfortunately got booted out. Do u guys think I can try the upcoming walk in on 27th Jan in Spore??

should I declare my previous attempt in the application form?

Thanks alot! :)
Jlkm2005: I think it is necessary to declare your previous attempts in the application form or you may be deem as being untruthful with your declaration.

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 9:57 am

angietyj wrote:
snowss wrote:
lipcolor wrote: hihi snowss..~

Erm.. Im pretty new to this website. but i'm going for e 27th interview for stewardess! lolx. can we like meet up or sumthing.. im pretty nervous! :shock: wanna noe if they accept gals with mole? i got a mole at e tip of my nose thou :-|
Angietyj: It depends on which kind of mole is on your face. If it is the protuding kind, I guess it is better to remove them as they can tend to be unsightly. As for flat moles, I guess with the correct concealer, you should be able to conceal them without much problem. I have a SIA air stewardess friend whom have a flat mole near her right upper lip and I too have one there as well.

Do remember that if you were to remove the mole, please consult a proper dermatologist as beautician are not allowed to do such procedure :D

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:05 am

Hey all, anyone knows how long does the whole process of signing of bond takes? It states in my email starts at 2pm but its office hours so my surety might have to take half day leave if it's going to be a long wait.

Those who have already signed the bond, please advise? Thanks! :)
And so my journey begins... :)

loh loh

Skin check

Post by loh loh » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:16 am

hi.. i've got some small pimple at my chest area. will i get booted out?? thanks!! will the concealer be seen under the spot light??
apple

stormlyn

Post by stormlyn » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:38 am

yingying2888 wrote:
yingying2888 wrote: ohh.. they called you back to tlel you bout this? cos i tot the medical report is confidential..

that must have sucked... how long did you waited before they sent you the letter?

One of my friend failed in her medical as well. Her problems are lumps in breast and sinus.
How come she knew were due to this and how they broke the news to her, i am not too sure.
As i knew she is already very sad and didn't want to rub salt into her wound.