Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pseudonymace

Post by pseudonymace » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 2:23 am

Hello! Hey I wanna ask those who have attended the final interview with the management. Do they normally ask you about your past attempt applying for a cabin crew? Cos, you actually state in your application whether or not you have applied before. Having done that, will they normally ask like "until which stage you went when you tried out the previous time?" and "why do you think you did not make it past that round?" or anything along those lines?

Can anyone who have went past the management interview round please shed some light on this? Much appreciated. Thank you. And yeah...for all those going for dinner....have a good one.

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 5:19 am

pseudonymace wrote:Hello! Hey I wanna ask those who have attended the final interview with the management. Do they normally ask you about your past attempt applying for a cabin crew? Cos, you actually state in your application whether or not you have applied before. Having done that, will they normally ask like "until which stage you went when you tried out the previous time?" and "why do you think you did not make it past that round?" or anything along those lines?

Can anyone who have went past the management interview round please shed some light on this? Much appreciated. Thank you. And yeah...for all those going for dinner....have a good one.
Why not join in for the dinner then you can ask more questions :wink:

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 9:12 am

Hey Hafiz

I think u can take my name off the list coze I m having classes tat day :(

Just so much tat I wld like to join u guys...I can't...But I am certainly hoping there will be another gathering in the future(most prob on weekends..would be better :wink: )

Do take more pics on tat day & post them here ya....

Btw, anyone thought of having another gathering somewhere in March?? :wink:
(=^_^=)

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:59 am

Hafiz,

I too cant make it cos I've got something on back in Malaysia (family affair)

Have fun peeps and rmb to upload some photos!

ktkhoo

Post by ktkhoo » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:08 pm

any guys here starting their training on the 20th Feb?

yellowpig
Regular
Regular

Post by yellowpig » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:20 pm

hello people !

can i just ask if anyone (be it yourself or your friends or you've seen) went for walk-in-interview WITH braces on , and still managed to pass a few rounds/everything?

(paces around)

will the lady just ask you open your mouth, and "oh my god you got braces! you can go home now thanks" ? HAHA ! sorry for the very wild imagination !

thanks to anyone who reply ! :D

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:42 pm

pseudonymace wrote:Hello! Hey I wanna ask those who have attended the final interview with the management. Do they normally ask you about your past attempt applying for a cabin crew? Cos, you actually state in your application whether or not you have applied before. Having done that, will they normally ask like "until which stage you went when you tried out the previous time?" and "why do you think you did not make it past that round?" or anything along those lines?

yep yep. i got questions like that. a good answer would be turning it positively. something along the lines of reflection and self-improvement so that they can actually see how keen and serious you are. :)

joyce and snowss, noted. what a pity though! you might like to plan the one in march? haha. :?

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:46 pm

updated list!

1. hafiz_
2. okieping
3. xanngac
4. yingying2888
5. sokeai
6. rainschocolate
7. rurik0
8. gladys
9. Abercrombie
10. minikk
11. iwannafly
12. angelfrez
13. sheepish
14. ashton
15. isabelle85
16. aliciagloria
17. inspiredsand

venue: swensens at vivo
time: 7.30pm
day: this coming wed!
meeting time and place: 7pm at harbourfront control

:)

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 1:24 pm

Can't wait for wed to come, excited! :D
Hello there!

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 1:27 pm

HAHA! me too me too! :D

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 1:29 pm

yingying2888 wrote:HAHA! me too me too! :D

Hehe, is Ashton coming too?
Hello there!

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 1:35 pm

Sokeai wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:HAHA! me too me too! :D

Hehe, is Ashton coming too?
i'm in jb now.. so i haven have time to contact him.. haha.. sorry!

pseudonymace

Post by pseudonymace » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 1:38 pm

Abercrombie wrote:

Why not join in for the dinner then you can ask more questions :wink:
Hello abercombie! I'd love to come along seriously. But I'm working till late due to a couple of projects that came in. Kinda hectic stuff. Am hoping I could join in the next one actually. See how it goes aite! Meanwhile you peops have a blast over dinner! Ciao!

ladyybbird

Post by ladyybbird » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 2:03 pm

12345 wrote:Hello ppl!

I went for the walk-in interview on Sat held in KL and thank GOd i managed to clear everything. So now it's left with medical n work pass pending.

I've been following this thread and remember coming across sum issues like the training period will be shorten to 3 months? Is dat true? Coz yesterday the hr exec was giving us a briefing...but she mentioned that training is 4 months. So i'm a bit confused at the moment...hehe.

Anyone has any idea? Thanks in advance! Oh yea, n u guys all have fun during the dinner. Haha! It sounds happening enuf! :D
Hi 12345, congratulations to you. =D>

Could you mind to share your experience throughout the process? What questions being asked in the first and subsequent round? Thanks for your reply.

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 2:13 pm

12345 wrote:Hello ppl!

I went for the walk-in interview on Sat held in KL and thank GOd i managed to clear everything. So now it's left with medical n work pass pending.

I've been following this thread and remember coming across sum issues like the training period will be shorten to 3 months? Is dat true? Coz yesterday the hr exec was giving us a briefing...but she mentioned that training is 4 months. So i'm a bit confused at the moment...hehe.

Anyone has any idea? Thanks in advance! Oh yea, n u guys all have fun during the dinner. Haha! It sounds happening enuf! :D
Those who went for the SG mgmt rd on 8th Jan 2008, were also told the same thing, 4mth training :?
Hello there!