Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Sat, 12 Jan 2008 2:38 pm

scopio124 wrote:pink little are u an air stewardess?
can u please share me with ur successful story?
is that true that they need less air steward and more stewardess?

Scopio124: I'm not an air stewardess but I'm putting all my efforts to be one :)

Some information from my friends whom are already SIA air stewardess, I can say that the ratio of steward to stewardess is 1:3 in a batch.

And as for the interview, I did see and spoke to some girls who came all the way from KL for the interview so I think it should be alright for you to make your way here

The coming walk in interview 270108 will be my 4th try and my furthest move in the interview was till the skin + kebaya check round.

This time round, I've done rectification to the parts where I deem are the problems of why I wasnt selected. Hopefully I bring good news back this time :)

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Sat, 12 Jan 2008 2:40 pm

Eneres wrote:Hi,

Anyone else going for 1st round interview on 15 Jan?

BTW, i'm glad that this forum exists because it's great to be able to share the passion, determination and aspiration that all of us have together.

Hope that we are all able to join SIA in year 2008! That, i believe is the greatest wish that we all hoped for this year! Hahaha!
Well, I do realise there are girls / guys that are going for their management interview on the 15 Jan 08 so I believe there are others who are going for the 1st round interview

scopio124

Post by scopio124 » Sat, 12 Jan 2008 2:46 pm

pinklittle figure... i guess u have work all ur way up to this:d
wish u all the best..

i can just hope that luck will bring me as far as possible... atleast more that 1st round.. haha:D:D

thanks for ur information..

see u there in the interview:D

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Sat, 12 Jan 2008 2:48 pm

scopio124 wrote:pinklittle figure... i guess u have work all ur way up to this:d
wish u all the best..

i can just hope that luck will bring me as far as possible... atleast more that 1st round.. haha:D:D

thanks for ur information..

see u there in the interview:D

Anson, I wish you all the best too for the upcoming walk in interview :D
Last edited by pinklittlefigure on Sat, 12 Jan 2008 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Today's interview

Post by Abercrombie » Sat, 12 Jan 2008 2:50 pm

gladys_lopez wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote: Sorry to hear that you were not able to pass this time round :cry: keep trying if this is really what you want. Try tell them how much you wanted this job before you leave the room and of course you have to be sincere or be a really really good actores !! Don't give up, looking at your portfolio and looks she should be able to get it eventually :wink:

Go thru the questions that they ask during the 1-1 to find out what is their worries in hiring you. Afraid that you might not be committed and stay for long? You are having a good job now so you might not be able to take Stewardess life? Your background? etc once you found out the worries that they have about you then you can answer to their doubt during your next interview. All the best for your next interview :wink:
Hey abercrombie, thanks for the advice and will prove my sincerity to them.. This is a really great advice.. Dun think they'll have the heart to turn somebody down with enthusiasm and desire.

My SIA friend asked me not to give up my passion and i will keep the faith strong. Hope to be a sommelier with SIA in the future :wink: (wonder if currently they have a female one )

To 2008 in SIA :D
You are welcome !!! There are many many female sommelier in SQ liao So far there 5 Batches and the course is about 3 years LONG....:-& :-&
:wink: One of them even got selected from Singapore ( The only one for that year, there is exam and interviews for the selection) to attend the prestige course conducted by this famous school ...blah blah blah forgotten about the details liao as I am not so much into wine... too dry for me, me more into HARD liquor hahaha

Don't give up hope and Best Wishes for 2008 !!! :wink:

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sat, 12 Jan 2008 2:53 pm

scopio124 wrote:pink little are u an air stewardess?
can u please share me with ur successful story?
is that true that they need less air steward and more stewardess?
Guys in SQ usually stay for life, so its difficult to get opening to join or get promoted as compared to girls who usually quit after 5 years.

jeanette_tohjh
Regular
Regular

Post by jeanette_tohjh » Sat, 12 Jan 2008 3:49 pm

Hi peeps... looks like all of us are so excited about the SIA thingy... keke...

I am very excited too... have been trying for 8 times ler... 27th Jan walk-in would be my 9th attempt!!! :???:
so far... i only manage to pass the 1st round once... and then later failed the blarrdy skin check... :(

Really hope to make it this time round... i wanna fly... FLY HIGH!!!

Good luck to all of you here... let the lady luck shines on you on 27th Jan... we will all make it... then we can all be in the same batch... called the Singapore expats batch... kekeke...

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Sat, 12 Jan 2008 4:13 pm

jeanette_tohjh wrote:Hi peeps... looks like all of us are so excited about the SIA thingy... keke...

I am very excited too... have been trying for 8 times ler... 27th Jan walk-in would be my 9th attempt!!! :???:
so far... i only manage to pass the 1st round once... and then later failed the blarrdy skin check... :(

Good luck to all of you here... let the lady luck shines on you on 27th Jan... we will all make it... then we can all be in the same batch... called the Singapore expats batch... kekeke...
Hi, I guess u wld make it if u keep ur faith strong...

Just like when I told myself tat there is no more hope for me...pple here still told me not to give up...
I might be trying for the 27Jan walk-in and it's my 1st time :)
I dun hope for much, just hoping tat if given a chance, i'll get to pass the 1st round..I'll be contented alrdy :wink:
(=^_^=)

scopio124

Post by scopio124 » Sat, 12 Jan 2008 4:15 pm

9 attempts? u are really so strong..
i feel so sad after they fail me in the 1st round today le.
i cannot imagine if i travel all the way to sg, they still fail me in 1st round.. i will be dead sad de..

haha

anyway.. did u indicate how many time have to try to interview? because i saw that colum in the form.. wonder whether it is good to fill in or not.

jeanette_tohjh
Regular
Regular

Post by jeanette_tohjh » Sat, 12 Jan 2008 4:24 pm

snowss wrote:
jeanette_tohjh wrote:Hi peeps... looks like all of us are so excited about the SIA thingy... keke...

Just like when I told myself tat there is no more hope for me...pple here still told me not to give up...
I dun hope for much, just hoping tat if given a chance, i'll get to pass the 1st round..I'll be contented alrdy :wink:
hi snowss... thanks... i really hope i can make it... my biggest enemy now is my complexion if i can pass the 1st round... haha... just not blessed with good complexion....

but... its not easy to pass the 1st round oso... i am always so nervous... so when its my turn to speak... i talk rubbish... haiz... i dunnoe why am i so kan-jiong for... :x

good luck to u snowss... hope u will soar thru the interview!

jeanette_tohjh
Regular
Regular

Post by jeanette_tohjh » Sat, 12 Jan 2008 4:35 pm

scopio124 wrote:9 attempts? u are really so strong..
i feel so sad after they fail me in the 1st round today le.
i cannot imagine if i travel all the way to sg, they still fail me in 1st round.. i will be dead sad de..

haha

anyway.. did u indicate how many time have to try to interview? because i saw that colum in the form.. wonder whether it is good to fill in or not.
yep... i can understand how u feel... very disappointed one...

but... hey... practise makes perfect ya??? take every interview as a lesson... try to figure out wat went wrong... and observe how others speak and present themself... be determine and keep improving... u will defintely be "flying" one fine day...

hmm... actually i am not very sure how many times i have actually tried... haha... i kind of lost track of all the dates ler... but plus-minus shud be ard 8 times ba... haha... i just state down all the dates i remember... hehe... good or not good to state down all the dates... i oso not sure... guess it all depends on how the interviewer look at it... some may think its determination... some may think... "she must be lousy"... i dunnoe... subjective ba...

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Sat, 12 Jan 2008 4:56 pm

jeanette_tohjh wrote:
snowss wrote:

hi snowss... thanks... i really hope i can make it... my biggest enemy now is my complexion if i can pass the 1st round... haha... just not blessed with good complexion....

but... its not easy to pass the 1st round oso... i am always so nervous... so when its my turn to speak... i talk rubbish... haiz... i dunnoe why am i so kan-jiong for... :x

good luck to u snowss... hope u will soar thru the interview!
Hi, u can try doing some skincare routine like eating supplements or doing facials & stuffs...

I dun exactly know how ur skin condition is...But I believe tat u have to work hard to achieve that gd skin....

As for makeup, u can try concealing it with concealer...Rmb, not everyone is born with flawless skin :)
(=^_^=)

jeanette_tohjh
Regular
Regular

Post by jeanette_tohjh » Sat, 12 Jan 2008 5:05 pm

hey VeniE!

excited ehz??? trainning starting next week... wat have u prepared??? haha... 3 mths away from FLYING!!!

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Sat, 12 Jan 2008 5:11 pm

jeanette_tohjh wrote:hey VeniE!

excited ehz??? trainning starting next week... wat have u prepared??? haha... 3 mths away from FLYING!!!
Yup.. :p DAMN EXCITED!!!!

Whahahahaha :D
Soaring above all

jeanette_tohjh
Regular
Regular

Post by jeanette_tohjh » Sat, 12 Jan 2008 5:22 pm

VeniE wrote:
jeanette_tohjh wrote:hey VeniE!

Yup.. :p DAMN EXCITED!!!!

Whahahahaha :D
i feel so happy for u!!!
how i wish i can join u soon!!! :-|