Singapore Expats

SINGAPORE AIRLINES Local Cabin Crew - Write In Application

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
lindyhoppe
Regular
Regular

Post by lindyhoppe » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 1:56 pm

Hi Venie...

These 9 attempts were spread out over how long? And hmm did you write out the dates of the previous 8 times on the part of the application form that asks for previous SIA applications? Just wondering... myself have tried 4x, and found it hard to squeeze all the dates in the box and really felt like they're an eyesore =(

and xmischax if you're reading, i've been here for more than a year too, like since last july, and some of my frens who tried at that time but stopped recently, are still popping by frequently to read the latest news but just keeping quiet cos nothing to contribute as our info are outdated =p

~lindyhoppe
VeniE wrote:
white.minicooper wrote:
Hi Venie,
let me know more about your interview, like everything was so smooth for you. Got in the first time or?
What exactly things that we need to be well prepared of?
I guess everyone will be nervous right, how to be calm? breathe in and out? seems to be not working for me...hahazz
:(
You can refer to the post i posted earlier on.. and do browse thru the SIA cabin crew thread, can get most of the info there..
http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/su ... ht=#293199
i only got in on my 9th attempt.. :D
jia you wor...

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 2:05 pm

lindyhoppe wrote:Hi Venie...

These 9 attempts were spread out over how long? And hmm did you write out the dates of the previous 8 times on the part of the application form that asks for previous SIA applications? Just wondering... myself have tried 4x, and found it hard to squeeze all the dates in the box and really felt like they're an eyesore =(

and xmischax if you're reading, i've been here for more than a year too, like since last july, and some of my frens who tried at that time but stopped recently, are still popping by frequently to read the latest news but just keeping quiet cos nothing to contribute as our info are outdated =p

~lindyhoppe
i start going for the interview since the begining of this year. i'm 21 this year in case you think i'm old..keke..

everytime they have an opening, i will definitely go try for it.. only once i missed out is the nov write in which i wasn't shoortlisted. maybe coz i tried in the oct walk-in so they dun wanna see familiar faces so soon..
i been to 8 walk-ins and 1 write-in..

so in total, SIA has 10 recruitments so far for this year.. plus the recent write-in will be 11 recruitment..

nope, i din declare all dates there.. only a few.. say maybe 4 or 5 dates.. i can honestly tell you that they will bound to ask you why you wasn't selected in previous attempts.
Soaring above all

white.minicooper

Post by white.minicooper » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 3:31 pm

VeniE wrote:
white.minicooper wrote:
Hi Venie,
let me know more about your interview, like everything was so smooth for you. Got in the first time or?
What exactly things that we need to be well prepared of?
I guess everyone will be nervous right, how to be calm? breathe in and out? seems to be not working for me...hahazz
:(
You can refer to the post i posted earlier on.. and do browse thru the SIA cabin crew thread, can get most of the info there..
http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/su ... ht=#293199
i only got in on my 9th attempt.. :D
jia you wor...
Hello Venie,

wow, you're really determined! GOOD! Same trials as Kym Ng!
This is my third attempt, and i've read thru your tips (very detailed and helpful), so you got selected on walk in or write application?You tried every recruitment or? cause there's at least 4-5 times per year.

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 4:16 pm

white.minicooper wrote: Hello Venie,

This is my third attempt, and i've read thru your tips (very detailed and helpful), so you got selected on walk in or write application?You tried every recruitment or? cause there's at least 4-5 times per year.
Kym Ng is tried 12 times before getting it...
i was selected during my dec 1st walk-in
yes, i tried for every recruitment..
Soaring above all

white.minicooper

Post by white.minicooper » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 10:09 pm

VeniE wrote:
white.minicooper wrote: Hello Venie,

Kym Ng is tried 12 times before getting it...
i was selected during my dec 1st walk-in
yes, i tried for every recruitment..
Hi Venie,
So you tried the all year and finally make it!!
And everytime at which round made you fail? Unfortunately i always fail @ round 1!! HELP ME!

lindyhoppe
Regular
Regular

Post by lindyhoppe » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 2:06 am

Yup, they did ask things about the previous attempts as i will write down the dates i went. I vaguely remember some of them asking, which round was i eliminated during those dates i've stated.

But actually, don't you think we should be the one asking "why was i booted out last time" instead of them asking us - seriously, i don't know! i was always eliminated at round 2, so my best estimate is something to do with my body - figure, visible multiple earholes (not wearing more than a pair though!), etc etc - i can only guess to my best... guess! I've asked the HR lady b4 why but not given an answer. I really felt that if it's something irrecoverable, then i can save everybody's time by not appearing there anymore. Hmm...

Oh and i never thought you are 'old' la. ha-ha =)
VeniE wrote:
lindyhoppe wrote:Hi Venie...

~lindyhoppe
i start going for the interview since the begining of this year. i'm 21 this year in case you think i'm old..keke..

everytime they have an opening, i will definitely go try for it.. only once i missed out is the nov write in which i wasn't shoortlisted. maybe coz i tried in the oct walk-in so they dun wanna see familiar faces so soon..
i been to 8 walk-ins and 1 write-in..

so in total, SIA has 10 recruitments so far for this year.. plus the recent write-in will be 11 recruitment..

nope, i din declare all dates there.. only a few.. say maybe 4 or 5 dates.. i can honestly tell you that they will bound to ask you why you wasn't selected in previous attempts.

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 9:29 am

lindyhoppe wrote:Yup, they did ask things about the previous attempts as i will write down the dates i went. I vaguely remember some of them asking, which round was i eliminated during those dates i've stated.

But actually, don't you think we should be the one asking "why was i booted out last time" instead of them asking us - seriously, i don't know! i was always eliminated at round 2, so my best estimate is something to do with my body - figure, visible multiple earholes (not wearing more than a pair though!), etc etc - i can only guess to my best... guess! I've asked the HR lady b4 why but not given an answer. I really felt that if it's something irrecoverable, then i can save everybody's time by not appearing there anymore. Hmm...

Oh and i never thought you are 'old' la. ha-ha =)
I was quite disappointed everytime i got booted out too. was also very frustrated why they dun tell us we're not selected. but if they were to tell us one by one, it's gonna take a long time which will delay the whole interview procedures.

sometimes, the truth might hurt. not trying to be mean or what.. not everyone have what they are looking for, the X-factor, which they always say.

anyway, even when we go for any job interview, they also dun tell you why you weren't selected for the job.
Soaring above all

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 9:36 am

white.minicooper wrote: Hi Venie,
And everytime at which round made you fail? Unfortunately i always fail @ round 1!! HELP ME!
i failed first round 5 times, second round 2 times and once at third round.

i've also keep asking myself why why why.. but what do do ner? have to keep improve myself and read up more.

my main problem was i was too nervous, which i shouldn't be.
probably coz i wanted the job too much that i scare i might fail again.

so i told myself, if i want it just go for it. so i overcome the whole thing.

if you're being too nervous, the interviewers can't see your true self.

be natural, confident and smile. just like you see those beauty peagent, those ladies have more to be nervous about but it's their smile that win the heart of the audience.

like i always say "if you can't handle the interviewers, what makes you think you can handle those nasty passengers onboard."
Soaring above all

white.minicooper

Post by white.minicooper » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 10:14 am

VeniE wrote:
white.minicooper wrote: Hi Venie,
i failed first round 5 times, second round 2 times and once at third round.

i've also keep asking myself why why why.. but what do do ner? have to keep improve myself and read up more.

my main problem was i was too nervous, which i shouldn't be.
probably coz i wanted the job too much that i scare i might fail again.

so i told myself, if i want it just go for it. so i overcome the whole thing.

if you're being too nervous, the interviewers can't see your true self.

be natural, confident and smile. just like you see those beauty peagent, those ladies have more to be nervous about but it's their smile that win the heart of the audience.

like i always say "if you can't handle the interviewers, what makes you think you can handle those nasty passengers onboard."
Hi Venie,

I like your determination and persistence. Thanks for your encouragement and i hope to do the best of me. Most importantly keep away my nervousness~once i am nervous, i'll start to eat my words. But from last round experience, i can see changes in me, hence i hope i can improve this round.

thank u so much!!

exclusivepink

3rd Jan write in

Post by exclusivepink » Thu, 03 Jan 2008 10:38 pm

hi, anyone went for the write in today (3rd Jan) at STC?

eneleda

Post by eneleda » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 7:00 pm

So for the walk in will the kebaya fit be on the 1st day also? I just received an email to go for the walk in on 15th jan at STC. Had intended to go for the 27th at Sheraton.

aliciagloria
Regular
Regular

Post by aliciagloria » Fri, 11 Jan 2008 3:53 pm

eneleda wrote:So for the walk in will the kebaya fit be on the 1st day also? I just received an email to go for the walk in on 15th jan at STC. Had intended to go for the 27th at Sheraton.
Did the email said its walk-in? or were u given a timing eg 230pm? when did u submit ur application? coz i send mine on 2 Jan but no reply.

To ans ur qn, yes the kebaya fit will be on the same day too, its round 2 after the group interview followed by 1 to 1 interview for round 3 if it is still during office hours.

eneleda

Post by eneleda » Fri, 11 Jan 2008 3:57 pm

I can't really remember when but it's a few month back,i'm surprised to receive this email. I was given a timing at 10am.

aliciagloria
Regular
Regular

Post by aliciagloria » Fri, 11 Jan 2008 4:31 pm

eneleda wrote:I can't really remember when but it's a few month back,i'm surprised to receive this email. I was given a timing at 10am.
oic....wow quite a few mths back somemore...maybe they r digging out old applications.. Congrats and do well....

eneleda

Post by eneleda » Fri, 11 Jan 2008 7:33 pm

Hmmm,thanks. Had tried twice before this but din get through. Thanks anw!