Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
angelfrez

Re: height issue

Post by angelfrez » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 9:38 pm

VeniE wrote:
Poo wrote:
VeniE wrote: hmm.. i dunno ye.. i took my height and weight twice..

once at during registration, second is during kebaya testing..

dun mind me asking.. how's your complexion?? teeth??
Hi Venie... I'm experiencing the same prob as gladys_lopez...

I was measured 1.58m but on my 2 past interviews, I was under-measured... Sobz...

1st try was at Mariott hotel last yr.. Cant rem the date, when i reached aft measuring ht, the lady asked mi go back cuz i was measured 157.7cm... Was v upset tat time

2nd try @STC, 03 Jan 08... Was asked to take ht, all the other gers got chance to tip toe & reach the red tape on the wall.. So suspected tat I didnt mit 1.58m again... but given chance to go for round 1 but was booted out... Mayb i'm too nervous..

By the way, r they v strict @Kebaya round??? as in they reali use "white light" to shine your face to check your complexion ar??? I haf rather 'pink" face, abit sensitive, but no pimples...
yup.. during kebaya round.. first they will ask you to do a "catwalk" to and fro.. if you fail the walking den they will ask you to change immdiately..

den if you pass the walking they will as you to go over to another lady..
you will den stand in front of the spotlight(shone directly at your face) they will access your face and neck...

they dun require you to have flawless skin.. as long as you can cover those marks and scars with concealer den that will do.. :)
there's only 1 lady for my kebaya round.
i was told to do "catwalk" for a few metres only and then she check my face and hands.
dun have the spotlight.

rurik0
Regular
Regular

Post by rurik0 » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 9:43 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
xanngac wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:yeahhh include me for the gathering too!!

and happy birthday xanngac! =)
Thanks rains! :)

I'm fine with having the gathering next week Hafiz.
:oops: Can I join too :oops:
When is the gathering.....? Can I join too...>.<Lol I popped outta nowhere....

Acorna

Post by Acorna » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:01 pm

Reckon it is still not too late to wish xanngac babe a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY eh!!!
May you get the call soon, sweet! :)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:13 pm

Maximus_miranda wrote:
xanngac wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:Xanngac Happy Birthday To You, I Wish for you to have a smashing and happy flying career :in love:
Thanks Abercrombie! No news today from SIA, cant start my flying career.. :(

Btw do you think its a good idea to call Mary tomorrow to check my status? Cause everyone got their clearance and I'm still waiting even though I'm on immediate availability... :???: What is the usual procedure if one does not pass medical?
Dear Xanngac, you may try to give Mary a call, but I was told by her that they can't reveal anything to me. Maybe she doesn't like my voice or something....

But whatever it is, a good friend of mine told me one thing that really calmed me down during my 3 weeks waiting period. Most or all companies will only ask you to go for medical check-up after they want to employ you. Why? Medical check-ups cost money my dear...When I went for mine, I saw about 7 to 8 ladies from India being brought over by SIA for medical check-up here! Why would SIA pay for their journey and lodging here is they are not being employed! Doesn't make sense can!

Another point to note is in a medical center, applicants who failed will immediately be called up so that there won't be any delays for treatments etc etc...

I totally understand how you feel noh! Staring at your mobile phone and the clock. Then telling yourself that maybe it's today! You know, when I got the call, that very morning I already told myself that it can't be today ah...I where got so lucky one...

So sad can!

Cheer up and enjoy this special occasion ok? Everyone here will pray for themselves as well as others including yourself!

Have a great birthday and may this year bring you joy, happiness and good health! Of course, may this coming weeks or even days bring you the gift of flight! Haha!

Maximus
Hey Maximus, thanks for your advice. I called Mary the day before and similarly she wasn't exactly very friendly. Haha really made me wonder is it that she don't like my voice or name or something...

I'm actually very happy that everyone is so encouraging here, I really hope to clear my medical soon so that I can bring in some good news for everyone. Yah meanwhile better quit staring at the phone and clock, thinks it drives me nuts simply waiting.

Guess sometimes when you are least expecting it, it comes to you instead. :)

Hope to work with you someday on flight! ;) Btw you are most welcome to join our gathering. :D
And so my journey begins... :)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:16 pm

And_drew wrote:Happy Birthday Xanngac :)
Thanks Andrew! :) Enjoy your bkk trip!

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:19 pm

Abercrombie wrote:You got a point there ya. You can try calling her telling her that you would like to start working ASAP just to make sure that they did not forget about you. Relax and enjoy your carefree days as after you have started working you would not have so much time to play liao. If the medical center tell you you are ok and pass then you will sure be in ya, so no worries. In every batch there will be a good mix of gals and girls of different age and if necessary different countries in one batch. They might be having a hard time to fit everyone in ya.
Yah probably will call her tmr to see what Mary says. Wah.. I do hope they put me with okieping and minikk. Thanks abercrombie! :)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:21 pm

Acorna wrote:Reckon it is still not too late to wish xanngac babe a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY eh!!!
May you get the call soon, sweet! :)
Thank you Acorna! :) Yea hope the call comes soon I'm getting tooooo impatient with the waiting hehehe.

Maximus_miranda

Post by Maximus_miranda » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:29 pm

And_drew wrote:
Maximus_miranda wrote:
And_drew wrote: Count me in, but i got a situation here...dunno when to plan for
my bkk trip next week as i do not know when i'll be scheduled to sign the bond also...
Darn! Andrew! I have the exact same problem as you! My training starts on the 31st and I'm planning for a 10 day trip to the Philippines. Can't really start planning yet as I'm not sure when they'll ask me to present myself for the bond signing. So sad can...

PS. Luckily I received and also sent out the duplicate copy of the contract just a couple hours back. So, hopefully they'll inform me of the date and may it not clash with my trip! Hehe! Cheers!

Maximus
Thank god i received the email for the date to sign the bond, but tot the date is stated in the email itself, 2 dates to choose from. Im so lazy to do all the documentations..thinking twice bout the bond..not cheap to break, but im definately set to go bkk next week!!
You so lucky noh! Anyways, how long before they'll email you on the bond-signing date after you sent back the contract?

Please do enjoy your trip ya! Must play like mad before you start can! Haha! Bon voyage!

Maximus
www.tiratira.sg
Singapore's first customization online store where the final looks of all our products are designed by the customer! Free shipping worldwide!

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:30 pm

rurik0 wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
xanngac wrote: Thanks rains! :)

I'm fine with having the gathering next week Hafiz.
:oops: Can I join too :oops:
Join us! The more the merrier! :) Register with Hafiz or okieping, they're in-charge. :P

Maximus_miranda

Post by Maximus_miranda » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:36 pm

xanngac wrote:
Maximus_miranda wrote:
xanngac wrote: Thanks Abercrombie! No news today from SIA, cant start my flying career.. :(

Btw do you think its a good idea to call Mary tomorrow to check my status? Cause everyone got their clearance and I'm still waiting even though I'm on immediate availability... :???: What is the usual procedure if one does not pass medical?
Dear Xanngac, you may try to give Mary a call, but I was told by her that they can't reveal anything to me. Maybe she doesn't like my voice or something....

But whatever it is, a good friend of mine told me one thing that really calmed me down during my 3 weeks waiting period. Most or all companies will only ask you to go for medical check-up after they want to employ you. Why? Medical check-ups cost money my dear...When I went for mine, I saw about 7 to 8 ladies from India being brought over by SIA for medical check-up here! Why would SIA pay for their journey and lodging here is they are not being employed! Doesn't make sense can!

Another point to note is in a medical center, applicants who failed will immediately be called up so that there won't be any delays for treatments etc etc...

I totally understand how you feel noh! Staring at your mobile phone and the clock. Then telling yourself that maybe it's today! You know, when I got the call, that very morning I already told myself that it can't be today ah...I where got so lucky one...

So sad can!

Cheer up and enjoy this special occasion ok? Everyone here will pray for themselves as well as others including yourself!

Have a great birthday and may this year bring you joy, happiness and good health! Of course, may this coming weeks or even days bring you the gift of flight! Haha!

Maximus
Hey Maximus, thanks for your advice. I called Mary the day before and similarly she wasn't exactly very friendly. Haha really made me wonder is it that she don't like my voice or name or something...

I'm actually very happy that everyone is so encouraging here, I really hope to clear my medical soon so that I can bring in some good news for everyone. Yah meanwhile better quit staring at the phone and clock, thinks it drives me nuts simply waiting.

Guess sometimes when you are least expecting it, it comes to you instead. :)

Hope to work with you someday on flight! ;) Btw you are most welcome to join our gathering. :D
Yeah...half your mind is kinda telling you not to worry and that its pretty much confirmed that the job is yours. But then again, anytime before the call comes, you'll just be hanging by a thread. But stay happy ya! You've made it! Give yourself a pat on your back!

Yup, we'll definitely see each other somehow or rather!

Thanks for your invitation! Do let me know when and where it'll be ok? Last but not least, have a very very Happy Birthday!

Maximus
www.tiratira.sg
Singapore's first customization online store where the final looks of all our products are designed by the customer! Free shipping worldwide!

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:37 pm

xanngac wrote:
rurik0 wrote:
Abercrombie wrote: :oops: Can I join too :oops:
Join us! The more the merrier! :) Register with Hafiz or okieping, they're in-charge. :P
happily only ah xanngac. haha. anyway. the list once again!

hafiz_
okieping
xanngac
and_drew
sokeai
rainschocolate
rurik0
maximus
Abercrombie

anyone else i missed out? the rest are welcome to join! so, where do you think we should have dinner? :D

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:57 pm

hafiz_ wrote:
xanngac wrote:
rurik0 wrote: When is the gathering.....? Can I join too...>.<Lol I popped outta nowhere....
happily only ah xanngac. haha. anyway. the list once again!

hafiz_
okieping
xanngac
and_drew
sokeai
rainschocolate
rurik0
maximus
Abercrombie

anyone else i missed out? the rest are welcome to join! so, where do you think we should have dinner? :D
Hahaha thanks lah Hafiz, treat this as your birthday present to me can. :P Hmmm I'm thinking of maybe Riverside Indonesian Restaurant? Near Clarke Quay MRT food's not bad, importantly its Halal. ;)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Forum gathering! :)

Post by xanngac » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:01 pm

xanngac wrote:
Hahaha thanks lah Hafiz, treat this as your birthday present to me can. :P Hmmm I'm thinking of maybe Riverside Indonesian Restaurant? Near Clarke Quay MRT food's not bad, importantly its Halal. ;)

Updated list for gathering:

1. hafiz_
2. okieping
3. xanngac
4. and_drew
5. sokeai
6. rainschocolate
7. rurik0
8. maximus
9. Abercrombie
10. minikk
11. iwannafly

Any other suggestions? Like maybe swensen's, amerah's grill, etc??

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:02 pm

xanngac wrote:
xanngac wrote: happily only ah xanngac. haha. anyway. the list once again!

hafiz_
okieping
xanngac
and_drew
sokeai
rainschocolate
rurik0
maximus
Abercrombie

aww. i'm fine with anything. should we make a reservation? like alot of pple. haha.

angelfrez

Post by angelfrez » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:05 pm

hafiz_ wrote:
xanngac wrote:
xanngac wrote: happily only ah xanngac. haha. anyway. the list once again!

hafiz_
okieping
xanngac
and_drew
sokeai
rainschocolate
rurik0
maximus
Abercrombie

aww. i'm fine with anything. should we make a reservation? like alot of pple. haha.
me me me...
waruku pasta?