Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
angelfrez

Post by angelfrez » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 7:10 pm

be1 wrote:
angelfrez wrote:
be1 wrote: hey angelfrez, i got my call too! But the employment form they attached to me cant be open..can yours be iopen up? mine was a jpeg file.
yeah i can open mine.
it's actually the same application form we had filled up last time.
u can just print that one.

Its exactly the same??? :shock:
it will really last up to 12 noon uhhh??
what's yr email?
i'll mail you the form.
i dun tink it will end tat late.
what's ur timing?

be1

Post by be1 » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 7:25 pm

hey angelfrez, i got my call too! But the employment form they attached to me cant be open..can yours be iopen up? mine was a jpeg file.[/quote]

yeah i can open mine.
u can just print that one.[/quote]

it will really last up to 12 noon uhhh??[/quote]

what's yr email?
i'll mail you the form.
what's ur timing?[/quote]

hey, thanks alot, somehow they emailed me again haha. My timing was 845 too.. getting worried already...wonder if the mgmt interview will be easy

Maximus_miranda

Post by Maximus_miranda » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 7:30 pm

ChLoeGer wrote:
Maximus_miranda wrote:
And_drew wrote: Count me in, but i got a situation here...dunno when to plan for
my bkk trip next week as i do not know when i'll be scheduled to sign the bond also...
Darn! Andrew! I have the exact same problem as you! My training starts on the 31st and I'm planning for a 10 day trip to the Philippines. Can't really start planning yet as I'm not sure when they'll ask me to present myself for the bond signing. So sad can...

PS. Luckily I received and also sent out the duplicate copy of the contract just a couple hours back. So, hopefully they'll inform me of the date and may it not clash with my trip! Hehe! Cheers!

Maximus
Hi Maximus,
I guess they prob be sending you an email in a few days' time.. they will usually give you 2 dates for bond signing, just in case you cant make it for either one, for my case is either on 9th or 14th jan and my training starting on 16th Jan..
Oh...that's how it works eh...Sure! Many many thanks ChloerGer!

I hope you'll have heaps of fun during your training! Good luck and all the best!

Maximus
www.tiratira.sg
Singapore's first customization online store where the final looks of all our products are designed by the customer! Free shipping worldwide!

Eneres

Post by Eneres » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 7:41 pm

Good Luck To All Attending Management Interview on 15 Jan..........:)

Anyone knows if there is Round 1 interview on 15 Jan other than Management Round?
Yours Truly

angelfrez

Post by angelfrez » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 7:46 pm

be1 wrote:hey angelfrez, i got my call too! But the employment form they attached to me cant be open..can yours be iopen up? mine was a jpeg file.
yeah i can open mine.
u can just print that one.[/quote]

it will really last up to 12 noon uhhh??[/quote]

what's yr email?
i'll mail you the form.
what's ur timing?[/quote]

hey, thanks alot, somehow they emailed me again haha. My timing was 845 too.. getting worried already...wonder if the mgmt interview will be easy[/quote]

we can do it!

Maximus_miranda

Post by Maximus_miranda » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 7:47 pm

xanngac wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:Xanngac Happy Birthday To You, I Wish for you to have a smashing and happy flying career :in love:
Thanks Abercrombie! No news today from SIA, cant start my flying career.. :(

Btw do you think its a good idea to call Mary tomorrow to check my status? Cause everyone got their clearance and I'm still waiting even though I'm on immediate availability... :???: What is the usual procedure if one does not pass medical?
Dear Xanngac, you may try to give Mary a call, but I was told by her that they can't reveal anything to me. Maybe she doesn't like my voice or something....

But whatever it is, a good friend of mine told me one thing that really calmed me down during my 3 weeks waiting period. Most or all companies will only ask you to go for medical check-up after they want to employ you. Why? Medical check-ups cost money my dear...When I went for mine, I saw about 7 to 8 ladies from India being brought over by SIA for medical check-up here! Why would SIA pay for their journey and lodging here is they are not being employed! Doesn't make sense can!

Another point to note is in a medical center, applicants who failed will immediately be called up so that there won't be any delays for treatments etc etc...

I totally understand how you feel noh! Staring at your mobile phone and the clock. Then telling yourself that maybe it's today! You know, when I got the call, that very morning I already told myself that it can't be today ah...I where got so lucky one...

So sad can!

Cheer up and enjoy this special occasion ok? Everyone here will pray for themselves as well as others including yourself!

Have a great birthday and may this year bring you joy, happiness and good health! Of course, may this coming weeks or even days bring you the gift of flight! Haha!

Maximus
www.tiratira.sg
Singapore's first customization online store where the final looks of all our products are designed by the customer! Free shipping worldwide!

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 8:08 pm

Maximus_miranda wrote:
xanngac wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:Xanngac Happy Birthday To You, I Wish for you to have a smashing and happy flying career :in love:
Thanks Abercrombie! No news today from SIA, cant start my flying career.. :(

Btw do you think its a good idea to call Mary tomorrow to check my status? Cause everyone got their clearance and I'm still waiting even though I'm on immediate availability... :???: What is the usual procedure if one does not pass medical?
Dear Xanngac, you may try to give Mary a call, but I was told by her that they can't reveal anything to me. Maybe she doesn't like my voice or something....

But whatever it is, a good friend of mine told me one thing that really calmed me down during my 3 weeks waiting period. Most or all companies will only ask you to go for medical check-up after they want to employ you. Why? Medical check-ups cost money my dear...When I went for mine, I saw about 7 to 8 ladies from India being brought over by SIA for medical check-up here! Why would SIA pay for their journey and lodging here is they are not being employed! Doesn't make sense can!

Another point to note is in a medical center, applicants who failed will immediately be called up so that there won't be any delays for treatments etc etc...

I totally understand how you feel noh! Staring at your mobile phone and the clock. Then telling yourself that maybe it's today! You know, when I got the call, that very morning I already told myself that it can't be today ah...I where got so lucky one...

So sad can!

Cheer up and enjoy this special occasion ok? Everyone here will pray for themselves as well as others including yourself!

Have a great birthday and may this year bring you joy, happiness and good health! Of course, may this coming weeks or even days bring you the gift of flight! Haha!

Maximus
You got a point there ya. You can try calling her telling her that you would like to start working ASAP just to make sure that they did not forget about you. Relax and enjoy your carefree days as after you have started working you would not have so much time to play liao. If the medical center tell you you are ok and pass then you will sure be in ya, so no worries. In every batch there will be a good mix of gals and girls of different age and if necessary different countries in one batch. They might be having a hard time to fit everyone in ya.

Poo

Re: height issue

Post by Poo » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 8:45 pm

VeniE wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote:So Venie,

How many times will they actually measure your height if you were short of 1cm? But after i wore the Kebaya she didn't ask me to change out immediately, it's only after the skin check that me and another girl was informed that we were not in.

In school i was 158cm though.. Haha.. i probably shrank..

Thanks for your help in answering my questions :)
hmm.. i dunno ye.. i took my height and weight twice..

once at during registration, second is during kebaya testing..

dun mind me asking.. how's your complexion?? teeth??
Hi Venie... I'm experiencing the same prob as gladys_lopez...

I was measured 1.58m but on my 2 past interviews, I was under-measured... Sobz...

1st try was at Mariott hotel last yr.. Cant rem the date, when i reached aft measuring ht, the lady asked mi go back cuz i was measured 157.7cm... Was v upset tat time

2nd try @STC, 03 Jan 08... Was asked to take ht, all the other gers got chance to tip toe & reach the red tape on the wall.. So suspected tat I didnt mit 1.58m again... but given chance to go for round 1 but was booted out... Mayb i'm too nervous..

By the way, r they v strict @Kebaya round??? as in they reali use "white light" to shine your face to check your complexion ar??? I haf rather 'pink" face, abit sensitive, but no pimples...

And_drew

Post by And_drew » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 8:51 pm

Happy Birthday Xanngac :)

Poo

Post by Poo » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 8:53 pm

iwannefly wrote:Juz wanne check if anyone have went to seek advise from Mr Tan??? How izzit like??
Helo, iwannafly.. I was in the same group as u & Yingying for the interview on 03 Jan.. Group 5 rem??? The last ger lar...

Anyway, got to know tat u r the ger same grp as mi thru the previous posts...

Will u be gng on 27th??? Rem Evelyn & Elaine?? also in same grp as us.... 3 of us wil b gng for 27th interview??

Wanna join us for the Q... Kekekekeeke...

By the way, u interested in meeting Mr Tan ar???

And_drew

Post by And_drew » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 8:54 pm

rainschocolate wrote:i was called back to do another x ray coz i got curve backbone. haha

$150 fly away.
Gosh, hope everything's fine.

Poo

Post by Poo » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 8:55 pm

yingying2888 wrote:
okieping wrote:
brownspecs wrote: Yup can anyone answer to yingying's question? I'm curious too

we got it after 5 days...including weekends... we went on last friday and got they call today....usually is about 5 days to a week..
thanks okieping. irregardless of the availability that we write down or it depends on the availability and notice period? like the further it is, the longer they will take? thanks again.. :wink:
Hi Yingying... Joyclyn here.... same grp as u on 03 Jan.. the last ger...
Big Congrats to u!!!! Good luck!!!

And_drew

Post by And_drew » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 8:59 pm

Maximus_miranda wrote:
And_drew wrote:
okieping wrote: sure no problem... anyone keen in meeting up for dinner... maybe next week...
date, tiome and venue not set yet...
Count me in, but i got a situation here...dunno when to plan for
my bkk trip next week as i do not know when i'll be scheduled to sign the bond also...
Darn! Andrew! I have the exact same problem as you! My training starts on the 31st and I'm planning for a 10 day trip to the Philippines. Can't really start planning yet as I'm not sure when they'll ask me to present myself for the bond signing. So sad can...

PS. Luckily I received and also sent out the duplicate copy of the contract just a couple hours back. So, hopefully they'll inform me of the date and may it not clash with my trip! Hehe! Cheers!

Maximus
Thank god i received the email for the date to sign the bond, but tot the date is stated in the email itself, 2 dates to choose from. Im so lazy to do all the documentations..thinking twice bout the bond..not cheap to break, but im definately set to go bkk next week!!

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 9:05 pm

Poo wrote:
VeniE wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote:So Venie,

How many times will they actually measure your height if you were short of 1cm? But after i wore the Kebaya she didn't ask me to change out immediately, it's only after the skin check that me and another girl was informed that we were not in.

In school i was 158cm though.. Haha.. i probably shrank..

Thanks for your help in answering my questions :)
hmm.. i dunno ye.. i took my height and weight twice..

I was measured 1.58m but on my 2 past interviews, I was under-measured... Sobz...

1st try was at Mariott hotel last yr.. Cant rem the date, when i reached aft measuring ht, the lady asked mi go back cuz i was measured 157.7cm... Was v upset tat time

2nd try @STC, 03 Jan 08... Was asked to take ht, all the other gers got chance to tip toe & reach the red tape on the wall.. So suspected tat I didnt mit 1.58m again... but given chance to go for round 1 but was booted out... Mayb i'm too nervous..

By the way, r they v strict @Kebaya round??? as in they reali use "white light" to shine your face to check your complexion ar??? I haf rather 'pink" face, abit sensitive, but no pimples...
yup.. during kebaya round.. first they will ask you to do a "catwalk" to and fro.. if you fail the walking den they will ask you to change immdiately..

den if you pass the walking they will as you to go over to another lady..
you will den stand in front of the spotlight(shone directly at your face) they will access your face and neck...

they dun require you to have flawless skin.. as long as you can cover those marks and scars with concealer den that will do.. :)
Soaring above all

Poo

Post by Poo » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 9:38 pm

VeniE wrote:
Poo wrote:
VeniE wrote: hmm.. i dunno ye.. i took my height and weight twice..

yup.. during kebaya round.. first they will ask you to do a "catwalk" to and fro.. if you fail the walking den they will ask you to change immdiately..

den if you pass the walking they will as you to go over to another lady..
you will den stand in front of the spotlight(shone directly at your face) they will access your face and neck...

they dun require you to have flawless skin.. as long as you can cover those marks and scars with concealer den that will do.. :)
thanks, Venie!!! Any tips for passing round1?? I tink tat round 1 is the most difficult one.. Cuz i get nervous easily... Tot of taking up public speaking skills to improve my confidence...