Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
okieping
Regular
Regular

Post by okieping » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 10:56 pm

brownspecs wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:i have a question! for those who has got the go ahead to sign the contract, how long did you guys wait for the medical results to be out and SIA to contact you? thanks in advance.. =)
Yup can anyone answer to yingying's question? I'm curious too

we got it after 5 days...including weekends... we went on last friday and got they call today....usually is about 5 days to a week..

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 11:59 pm

okieping wrote:
brownspecs wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:i have a question! for those who has got the go ahead to sign the contract, how long did you guys wait for the medical results to be out and SIA to contact you? thanks in advance.. =)
Yup can anyone answer to yingying's question? I'm curious too

we got it after 5 days...including weekends... we went on last friday and got they call today....usually is about 5 days to a week..
thanks okieping. irregardless of the availability that we write down or it depends on the availability and notice period? like the further it is, the longer they will take? thanks again.. :wink:

fluffaduff

Post by fluffaduff » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 12:21 am

Hi people! I'm kinda new here so i need loads of help. I'm currently 19, going to be 20 in may this year and have been considering to go for the interview in end january. Is there anything i should take note of? Also, is it rare to have anyone pass the interviews just with one try? TIA1 :)

fluffaduff

Post by fluffaduff » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 12:31 am

So sorry, after some thinking, here are more questions i need help with.

1. I will be graduating with a diploma in april but the interview's on the 27th jan, read that there's this girl who finished her course and will get her diploma in a few month's time but they didn't take her as the diploma isn't with her yet, so does it mean i shouldn't try this time?

2. I have a missing teeth on my lower jaw, its quite near to the teeth in the middle but its not noticeable unless one looks very closely, its been there since a nurse pulled out a wrong tooth in my primary school, does anyone think it'll pose as a problem for me?

Would really appreciate some advice, thanks!

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 12:37 am

fluffaduff wrote:So sorry, after some thinking, here are more questions i need help with.

1. I will be graduating with a diploma in april but the interview's on the 27th jan, read that there's this girl who finished her course and will get her diploma in a few month's time but they didn't take her as the diploma isn't with her yet, so does it mean i shouldn't try this time?

2. I have a missing teeth on my lower jaw, its quite near to the teeth in the middle but its not noticeable unless one looks very closely, its been there since a nurse pulled out a wrong tooth in my primary school, does anyone think it'll pose as a problem for me?

i'm the same age as you. and i passed through all the rounds of interview, now waiting for the medical results to pass before we can sign the contract with SIA. i have a tooth that is grown inside on my lower part of my teeth. it looks like a gap to the senior management interviewers, but they tot i had a good smile so they let me pass. i din tink it was obvious at all, cos when i smile, only my upper part of the teeth can be seen. so they were really observant.. they probably realised that when i was talking, something that noboday in my whole life pointed out to me before. maybe you should go and fix it first.

throughout the experience in the interviews, i tink the most important thing is to remain calm, and natural. the more and harder you try to get it, chances are you'll screw up. smile always, be confident but not over confident. good luck! :wink:

fluffaduff

Post by fluffaduff » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 1:06 am

yingying2888 wrote:
fluffaduff wrote:So sorry, after some thinking, here are more questions i need help with.

i'm the same age as you. and i passed through all the rounds of interview, now waiting for the medical results to pass before we can sign the contract with SIA. i have a tooth that is grown inside on my lower part of my teeth. it looks like a gap to the senior management interviewers, but they tot i had a good smile so they let me pass. i din tink it was obvious at all, cos when i smile, only my upper part of the teeth can be seen. so they were really observant.. they probably realised that when i was talking, something that noboday in my whole life pointed out to me before. maybe you should go and fix it first.

throughout the experience in the interviews, i tink the most important thing is to remain calm, and natural. the more and harder you try to get it, chances are you'll screw up. smile always, be confident but not over confident. good luck! :wink:
Hi babe, thank you so much for your reply, possible to chat with you on msn tomorrow? i have so many questions to ask and i'm really really worried! i'm pretty new here so i can't use the PM function. =(

Maximus_miranda

Post by Maximus_miranda » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 2:45 am

And_drew wrote:
okieping wrote:
hafiz_ wrote:let's all meet up for dinner soon! what say you guys? okieping, organiser please. :wink:
sure no problem... anyone keen in meeting up for dinner... maybe next week...
date, tiome and venue not set yet...
Count me in, but i got a situation here...dunno when to plan for
my bkk trip next week as i do not know when i'll be scheduled to sign the bond also...
Darn! Andrew! I have the exact same problem as you! My training starts on the 31st and I'm planning for a 10 day trip to the Philippines. Can't really start planning yet as I'm not sure when they'll ask me to present myself for the bond signing. So sad can...

PS. Luckily I received and also sent out the duplicate copy of the contract just a couple hours back. So, hopefully they'll inform me of the date and may it not clash with my trip! Hehe! Cheers!

Maximus
www.tiratira.sg
Singapore's first customization online store where the final looks of all our products are designed by the customer! Free shipping worldwide!

pseudonymace

Post by pseudonymace » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 3:05 am

be1 wrote:
angelfrez wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:
hmmm ytd was my management and i met a few people from 3rdJan batch. yingying and ashton(guy) went down fo management ytd alr.
yeap.
be1 emailed them and was told that our mgmt interview will be next week.
i guess ytd mgmt interview is full alr, so we are scheduled to the next.
hmm seems like a few of us are waiting for them to get back to us! i supposed its next week lah but the email stated they will contact us very soon... the waiting process is terrible!
Yeah. The waiting process is indeed terrible. But I guess we don't really have much of a choice but to whine it out over here. Hmm..some from our batch already went for the mgmt huh? Perhaps its cos of the availability that we stated. I don't know. I'm only guessing. I told them I'll only be free from end february. Perhaps. Well...I'll wait then. Wait for the fish...so you can have a nice meal...C'est La Vie.

ChLoeGer

Post by ChLoeGer » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 7:10 am

Maximus_miranda wrote:
And_drew wrote:
okieping wrote: sure no problem... anyone keen in meeting up for dinner... maybe next week...
date, tiome and venue not set yet...
Count me in, but i got a situation here...dunno when to plan for
my bkk trip next week as i do not know when i'll be scheduled to sign the bond also...
Darn! Andrew! I have the exact same problem as you! My training starts on the 31st and I'm planning for a 10 day trip to the Philippines. Can't really start planning yet as I'm not sure when they'll ask me to present myself for the bond signing. So sad can...

PS. Luckily I received and also sent out the duplicate copy of the contract just a couple hours back. So, hopefully they'll inform me of the date and may it not clash with my trip! Hehe! Cheers!

Maximus
Hi Maximus,
I guess they prob be sending you an email in a few days' time.. they will usually give you 2 dates for bond signing, just in case you cant make it for either one, for my case is either on 9th or 14th jan and my training starting on 16th Jan..

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 8:52 am

hafiz_ wrote:
xanngac wrote:
okieping wrote:stay calm and keep ur cool dear...mayb they 'see' u so kan chong...so don't let u know...make u more kan chong.. should be able to get their call by end of this week..
Haha yah I did thought of that, but then again 2 different ladies told me haven't receive the report, so perhaps really haven't receive my report for God knows what reason... Tmr hopefully..
i think they purposely withheld your result cuz they know your birthday is tomorrow so they'd love to give you your best birthday gift ever tomorrow! :wink:
Hahaha I would hope so Hafiz, this will be a smashing birthday present lor.
And so my journey begins... :)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Re: congrats

Post by xanngac » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 8:56 am

aletheatan wrote:hey xanngac,

please dun be over anxious...am sure they will call u over the next 2 days...perhaps they could have missed out the report...fax din get thru....etc ect..god know whatever screw up they have over their side....there could be 1 n million reasons y....or perhaps the intake for 22nd jan or 25 jan is full..so they are rescheduling another class for u n other newbies who have yet passed their mgmt...Since u r available immediately...hence they did not inform u first coz u can start anytime..whereas the rest may have to give 2 weeks or 1 month notice...

Again...whatever the reasons...the posssibilites are endless.....No news is good news in a sense...coz if they turned down...they could do it right away...no need 'tu' or delay...Just a simple email n click away..."Sorry we regret to inform u.....yahdayadayah...." or if ur medical report is something wrong...like they need a secong opinion or recall u for 2nd xray...whatever...then they would have also call u by now...

So just relax sister n wait for the good news...which will be soon....if u cannot wait...drop them another polite email by Thurs....(not tomorrow lar)....

So u see...even though i am not in ur "shoes"...i can already think of some good reasons to calm ur nerves....U have already passed mgmt .....So dun think too much....

what will be will be.....whatever will be will be....que sera sera.....

Cheers ;)
Thanks dearie, anyway feeling better today la. Thought about it last night, no reason not to pass, I've always been healthy what hahaha. Just wait and see. [-o<
And so my journey begins... :)

iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Post by iwannefly » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 9:44 am

yingying2888 wrote:
iwannefly wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:i passed.. i tot my mgmt round was easier than the 1-1, at least i didnt get bombarded..

i can only remember the following question
- why didnt you work in your course of study, but chose to serve
- what influenced me to be a singapore girl
- was i selected to be a VIP server in my hotel

after which i just keep tokin and tokin.. so in total she just asked like 3 or 4 questions which i just elaborated alot. if you have experience in FnB and cust svc, most likely they'll only emphasise on cust svc questions instead of personality, background, family and personality.

rainschocolate and me got the least questions i tink, from panel 1. at least we didnt get scenario based, adaptability questions etc.

overall, i tink most importantly is being natural and relaxed. i was there early and by the time it was my turn i was relaxed oredi. i even spoke lehs and las n singlish to the panel.

i completed my interview, but they asked me in again. apparently one of my tooth was grown inside, and it looked like a bo gay, so they suggested me to correct it, so that my image will improve. they were really nice so i tink its the confidence and how natural you are.

i passed and congrats to all who passed too! we will get through the medical check up! =)

for all hopefuls, wishing you guys the best of luck! keep trying till you get in!

Congrats Ying ying... You made it all the way =D

Wonder when will be my turn ?? haiz... hopefully 27th Jan ^^
thanks li'e! my luck will be with you all the way man! :wink:
Thanks alot YingYing

Hope i can bring u my good news on the 27th.. ^^

Keep in touch ... =D

Eneres

Post by Eneres » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 9:56 am

Hi,

Anyone knows if there is any other write-in dates before the walk-in one on 27 Jan?

Congratulations to all who have passed the interviews. :) Really happy to see your determination and the positive attitude. Keep it up!

Hopefully, my turn will come soon.........Sigh!
Yours Truly

melodramaaa

Post by melodramaaa » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:12 am

Hi ple, i went for the medical checkup, but doc claimed that im qt flat footed.
Would it affect my medical results?
Can someone pls advise?

adluvalex
Regular
Regular

enquiries!!

Post by adluvalex » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:17 am

hello all... i'm jus curious that will they check on any marks for eg. birthmarks during the kebaya round?? i am so interested in goin for the recruitment but wonder if they mind... thx.. :???: