Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
rolly-polly

yayness

Post by rolly-polly » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 3:04 pm

And_drew wrote:
xanngac wrote:
And_drew wrote: Yeah, Xanngac...hope that if clinic doesnt call everything should be fine.. i tried asking them and they said same thing too. Venie got call for 2nd Xray but i did not....worst case is they send direct to SIA and reject letter on my way..haha!
Never call you back for 2nd x-ray should be safe already ba. :)

I should think it is because SIA needs some time to check the availability and reports of each individuals before calling anyone so perhaps that's the reason for the delay.

Its already 1pm, no news yet. I guess we should not be expecting to hear from them today again... I dread this waiting process, but what to do. :-|
Me and Okieping got the call le!! im starting on 22 Jan and she is 25 Jan
Any batch mates? :D
Ill be starting on the 22nd too!!! :-) Mary called me at around 11 sumting.

be1

waiting for call for mgmt interview

Post by be1 » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 3:15 pm

hi angelfrez, im still waiting for the call to go for the mgmt interview too!!! everyday im so attached to my hp and they actually emailed me and told me to wait and very soon they will call us!

stormlyn

Re: yayness

Post by stormlyn » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 3:16 pm

rolly-polly wrote:
And_drew wrote:
xanngac wrote: Never call you back for 2nd x-ray should be safe already ba. :)

I should think it is because SIA needs some time to check the availability and reports of each individuals before calling anyone so perhaps that's the reason for the delay.

Its already 1pm, no news yet. I guess we should not be expecting to hear from them today again... I dread this waiting process, but what to do. :-|
Me. Me.. I'll be starting on 22nd too.. Finally have waited to see so many batch mate :wink:

angelfrez

Re: waiting for call for mgmt interview

Post by angelfrez » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 3:20 pm

be1 wrote:hi angelfrez, im still waiting for the call to go for the mgmt interview too!!! everyday im so attached to my hp and they actually emailed me and told me to wait and very soon they will call us!
wah, at least they email u!
i din receive their email at all!

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 3:40 pm

rolly-polly wrote:
And_drew wrote:
xanngac wrote: Never call you back for 2nd x-ray should be safe already ba. :)

Sighs.. I haven't received any calls from them. :(

I called Mary and she told me that she has not received my report, which makes me wonder if the report has already been sent over from the clinic or not...

Seems like everyone who went for mgmt interview on the 3rd already received their call from Mary except me! :cry:
And so my journey begins... :)

smileygal

Post by smileygal » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 3:52 pm

xanngac wrote:
rolly-polly wrote:
And_drew wrote: Me and Okieping got the call le!! im starting on 22 Jan and she is 25 Jan

I called Mary and she told me that she has not received my report, which makes me wonder if the report has already been sent over from the clinic or not...

Seems like everyone who went for mgmt interview on the 3rd already received their call from Mary except me! :cry:
Dun worry xanngac, u've me to accompany u.... No news from anyone as well.... i'm dying a horrible death in Abu Dhabi....

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 3:56 pm

smileygal wrote:
xanngac wrote:
rolly-polly wrote: Ill be starting on the 22nd too!!! :-) Mary called me at around 11 sumting.

Dun worry xanngac, u've me to accompany u.... No news from anyone as well.... i'm dying a horrible death in Abu Dhabi....
oh no, etihadgirl, you'll still be an etihadgirl? :?

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 3:58 pm

Smileygal, you did went for medical right? Haiz left you and me only liao... I wonder why they haven't got back to us yet. :?

smileygal

Post by smileygal » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 3:59 pm

hafiz_ wrote:
smileygal wrote:
xanngac wrote: Sighs.. I haven't received any calls from them. :(

oh no, etihadgirl, you'll still be an etihadgirl? :?
i'll continue to be one until i get to be a true singapore girl... but i'm a singapore girl wat!!!

minikk

Post by minikk » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 4:07 pm

i'm starting 25th with okieping...xanngac hang in there....

i wan2 see u in our 25th batch also!!!

flyme2themoon

Post by flyme2themoon » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 4:10 pm

Does anyone know how many people there are going to be in 1 batch?

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 4:12 pm

minikk wrote:i'm starting 25th with okieping...xanngac hang in there....

i wan2 see u in our 25th batch also!!!
Yah I also want to start with you all... We're supposed to start the mkt in class leh...

Tmr morning going to call the clinic to double check that they've already sent my report over... Anyone in my kind of situation before, put immediate for availability and end up not getting a reply when the rest already got theirs? :(

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 4:13 pm

flyme2themoon wrote:Does anyone know how many people there are going to be in 1 batch?
abt 15 to 20 ppl ba...
Soaring above all

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 4:21 pm

hi all, i'm back from the medical check up.

management interview was smoother than wad i thought.

yingying and i got the least questions as she've said.

my questions were

-wad course are u in? (biotechnology)

-why didn't u wanna continue in this industry, and why did u take biotech in the first place?

-wow u're a very athletic person, wad do u do for your cca? (i'm from cheer) u have a post? (yes, man committee)

-wad do u think service is abt? wad have u learnt abt service in your past part-time jobs?

hmm basically thats about it. the main few questions tat i got. nothing about myself or my family. so yupp.
they mainly wanna see your service attitude and mindset. be comfortable and relax. it'll be fine!

medical check up

- height & weight
- blood pressure
- eyesight and colour blindness
- boob check (for breast cancer etc)
- cough check (jus cough and let them see)
- see throat see ear....
- chest x-ray

basically is nothing much. no blood taken UNLESS you're a foreigner, like malaysian.

hope nothing is wrong with my medical checkup today!!
Last edited by rainschocolate on Wed, 09 Jan 2008 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 4:22 pm

Hello everyone...
My friend ask me a question which I am unable to answer it for her.
She asked me whether if she is able to apply for SIA with Degree in Business Management from MDIS. But she have only 'N' Level instead of O's. Anyone knows whethere they will still accept?