Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
sheepish

Post by sheepish » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 11:40 pm

VeniE wrote: yup..
the same clinic.. but the x-ray is not done @ paragon.. it's @ Mt E..

for me, after my x-ray i stayed back to wait for the report to be out..
it took abt 1.5 to 2hr for the report to be out.. the report will state the range of your curve (ie: below 20 degrees, @ 25 degrees...)

most imptly as long as your curve is below 20 degrees.. you will be fine..
Btw how many degrees is yours? Will be depressing to be turned away cos of something that cannot be improved or changed.

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 11:43 pm

sheepish wrote:
VeniE wrote: yup..

it took abt 1.5 to 2hr for the report to be out.. the report will state the range of your curve (ie: below 20 degrees, @ 25 degrees...)

Btw how many degrees is yours? Will be depressing to be turned away cos of something that cannot be improved or changed.
mine used to be 6 to 7 degree.. due to puberty so the degree varies a bit.. but it's around there la..

during my SIA's medical checkup, my 2nd x-ray only states that my scoliosis is less than 20.. that's all..
Soaring above all

angelfrez

Post by angelfrez » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 11:43 pm

hafiz_ wrote:
Sokeai wrote:
VeniE wrote: keke.. yeah!!! we all gonna fly soon!!! hehe...

anyway CONGRATS.. you're just a small small little tiny step away from ya flying dream!!!
Thanks once again Venie, i can only start after exams which is ard may-june (same as hafiz situation) Pray that Hafiz will pass after his banned!

Think i cannot sleep tonight :shock:
sigh. now the stress is on me! anyway, congrats people!
fifi, me too.
lol..
still waiting for the call!

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 11:44 pm

hafiz_ wrote:
Sokeai wrote:
VeniE wrote: keke.. yeah!!! we all gonna fly soon!!! hehe...

anyway CONGRATS.. you're just a small small little tiny step away from ya flying dream!!!
Thanks once again Venie, i can only start after exams which is ard may-june (same as hafiz situation) Pray that Hafiz will pass after his banned!

Think i cannot sleep tonight :shock:
sigh. now the stress is on me! anyway, congrats people!
Hafiz...U will get it one day :)

Was thinking when will be my turn to say: I have pass my management round today...Yeah :???:

Haizzzzz..........

jeslyn_polarbear

Post by jeslyn_polarbear » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 11:46 pm

Hi, I'm new to this thread. I'm interested to go for the walk-in on 27th Jan 2008 but does anyone know if they allow singapore PR to apply via the walk-in? From the singaporeair.com website, seems like it's meant for singaporean/malaysian applicants. I wanted to check with the HR but can't get their phone no. help!

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 11:48 pm

And_drew wrote:
VeniE wrote:
And_drew wrote: Venie, i have scoliosis but was told its mild..anyway the clinic will call if they realize that on the xray right? the clinic u had ur check up is the same as us which is at paragon rite?
yup..

Thanks...our xray was on 7th floor at paragon.
Dint know could stay to wait for result..well,hopefully they will call if they
think its a problem..pray that its less than 20degrees.. :?
Hey Andrew, we girls also did ours at the 7th floor. I asked the doctor, she said the x-ray will be send to the clinic usually by afternoon (cause we did our x-ray in the morning)

Checked with the clinic today, they said they sent the report to SIA already (usually they will do so on the day after the check-up), so now we can only wait. :?

I suppose if the clinic doesn't call you back to do the x-ray again, you should be ok. Update us if SIA calls you k. :)
And so my journey begins... :)

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 11:50 pm

jeslyn_polarbear wrote:
Hi, I'm new to this thread. I'm interested to go for the walk-in on 27th Jan 2008 but does anyone know if they allow singapore PR to apply via the walk-in? From the singaporeair.com website, seems like it's meant for singaporean/malaysian applicants. I wanted to check with the HR but can't get their phone no. help!
Dun think so bah...coze there another link for Spore PR not same as the one on the 27 Jan..

Requirements
Singapore Permanent Resident
Residing in Singapore
Females who are at least 1.58m
Possess at least a bachelor degree
Proficient in English and your National Language

As stated on the webby..

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 11:55 pm

i passed.. i tot my mgmt round was easier than the 1-1, at least i didnt get bombarded..

i can only remember the following question
- why didnt you work in your course of study, but chose to serve
- what influenced me to be a singapore girl
- was i selected to be a VIP server in my hotel

after which i just keep tokin and tokin.. so in total she just asked like 3 or 4 questions which i just elaborated alot. if you have experience in FnB and cust svc, most likely they'll only emphasise on cust svc questions instead of personality, background, family and personality.

rainschocolate and me got the least questions i tink, from panel 1. at least we didnt get scenario based, adaptability questions etc.

overall, i tink most importantly is being natural and relaxed. i was there early and by the time it was my turn i was relaxed oredi. i even spoke lehs and las n singlish to the panel.

i completed my interview, but they asked me in again. apparently one of my tooth was grown inside, and it looked like a bo gay, so they suggested me to correct it, so that my image will improve. they were really nice so i tink its the confidence and how natural you are.

i passed and congrats to all who passed too! we will get through the medical check up! =)

for all hopefuls, wishing you guys the best of luck! keep trying till you get in!

jeslyn_polarbear

Post by jeslyn_polarbear » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 11:59 pm

I also thought so. sigh! I've actually emailed them my application although in late Dec but so far still no reply from them. I'm thinking there could be a better chance if I could walk-in cos at least get to attend the 1st round interview instead of sitting here and wait for their reply.. :(

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 12:13 am

yingying2888 wrote:i passed.. i tot my mgmt round was easier than the 1-1, at least i didnt get bombarded..

after which i just keep tokin and tokin.. so in total she just asked like 3 or 4 questions which i just elaborated alot. if you have experience in FnB and cust svc, most likely they'll only emphasise on cust svc questions instead of personality, background, family and personality.

rainschocolate and me got the least questions i tink, from panel 1. at least we didnt get scenario based, adaptability questions etc.

overall, i tink most importantly is being natural and relaxed. i was there early and by the time it was my turn i was relaxed oredi. i even spoke lehs and las n singlish to the panel.

i completed my interview, but they asked me in again. apparently one of my tooth was grown inside, and it looked like a bo gay, so they suggested me to correct it, so that my image will improve. they were really nice so i tink its the confidence and how natural you are.

i passed and congrats to all who passed too! we will get through the medical check up! =)

for all hopefuls, wishing you guys the best of luck! keep trying till you get in!
Wah..yingying u made it=D

Rmb the last time u told me tat u wanna accompany me to the walk-in and when I mentioned tat why the others were called up for when their notice period is longer than mine...U said u put 24hrs, but no replies from them means u have to commit suicide...Now u got it liao*super envy*

I am still stuck on Titanic :cry: :cry:

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 12:15 am

snowss wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:i passed.. i tot my mgmt round was easier than the 1-1, at least i didnt get bombarded..

Rmb the last time u told me tat u wanna accompany me to the walk-in and when I mentioned tat why the others were called up for when their notice period is longer than mine...U said u put 24hrs, but no replies from them means u have to commit suicide...Now u got it liao*super envy*

dont worry! flood them all the way.. and be really sincere about all the interviews, dont hold high hopes, just be natural.. and it'll be yours. =)

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 12:20 am

yingying2888 wrote:
snowss wrote:

dont worry! flood them all the way.. and be really sincere about all the interviews, dont hold high hopes, just be natural.. and it'll be yours. =)
No need to flood them le...I think they will only see the next batch of hopefuls on the 27Jan :(

milliondollarbaby

Post by milliondollarbaby » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 12:31 am

jeslyn_polarbear wrote:I also thought so. sigh! I've actually emailed them my application although in late Dec but so far still no reply from them. I'm thinking there could be a better chance if I could walk-in cos at least get to attend the 1st round interview instead of sitting here and wait for their reply.. :(
hey there, please go give it a try. im a foreign student here and they let me join the singaporean/malaysian batch in july last year. so yea dont worry as long as you have a degree they won't turn you down. good luck yea.

ben02

Post by ben02 » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 2:17 am

VeniE wrote:
pseudonymace wrote:
VeniE wrote: is like an employement medical checkup..

very similar to those medical checkup you need to do before a company will employ you..

basically is to ensure that you're fit to work.
Ah...thank you so much girl! Was completely clueless untill now. Anyways, what will the check up consist of? Blood test and stuff I suppose? Is BMI also a criteria? Cos I am a little on the light side.
height & weight
urine test
blood pressure test
eyesight & colorblindness test
chest x-ray

think you weightshould be fine la.. as long as you dun have any illness or any physical problem that will hinder your job as a cabin crew..
Hey Venie, any other X-rays besides the chest that they take?? Like bones on your thigh or something??

THanks in advance..

Belle07

helo

Post by Belle07 » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 2:23 am

Maximus_miranda wrote:
snowss wrote:Any idea if one have only 2 credits in her o level but later get a pte dip frm mdis(business management) is eligible or not??

Or die-die must have 5 credits??
You will be eligible once you graduate with a private diploma from MDIS. Similar situation for me. Cheers!

Maximus
Hi Maximus

U mean u hav 2 'O's with a MDIS diploma and u r able to make it?

May i know how old r u?

Coz i hav 3 'O's levels with an advanced diploma from MDIS and still not able to make it pass round 1.

Btw, i am in my late twenties.

Belle