Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
minikk

Post by minikk » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 2:16 pm

xanngac wrote:
minikk wrote:wah... why wait so long? i tot they need people urgently?
I've no idea too...Maybe really toooooooo many things to process lor and they might still be sorting out those who are attending 17th Jan batch?
haha we are all gan chiong spiders....

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 2:17 pm

okieping and minikk, I just called SIA and the person claims that they have not receive the reports from the clinic. I left my name with the lady and she said she will keep a lookout for me and will call us once they receive the reports.

She didn't say when the reports will be received but said that they will bear in mind the notice period. But like that how to give 2 wks notice since today is already the last day of ur deadline of 2wks notice minikk...

I can't get the clinic so I also can't tell when the report wil be sent out... :???:
And so my journey begins... :)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 2:22 pm

Ok just called the clinic, the person said that the reports are scanned and emailed over to SIA on the next day. So that means on Saturday for us. So the lady from SIA said haven't receive could be that:

1) Her email inbox flooded with such mails and our name is probably somewhere in the middle or towards the end

2) She is just buying time by saying haven't received so that I would stop bugging her hahaha

Well either way, we still wait lor. At least now we know the reports have already been sent over and that we wait for SIA to call us. Sighs another day of waiting I suppose.

rolly-polly

medical

Post by rolly-polly » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 2:33 pm

well isnt tat a slightly better news for us, since the lady has already emailed her our medical reports, n we din receive any calls from the clinic, which means we're ok except yeap, wait for the call from the HR. give them a day or two lah. since today they are having another round of management... :-) im waiting as well.

minikk

Post by minikk » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 2:36 pm

xanngac wrote:Ok just called the clinic, the person said that the reports are scanned and emailed over to SIA on the next day. So that means on Saturday for us. So the lady from SIA said haven't receive could be that:

1) Her email inbox flooded with such mails and our name is probably somewhere in the middle or towards the end

2) She is just buying time by saying haven't received so that I would stop bugging her hahaha

Well either way, we still wait lor. At least now we know the reports have already been sent over and that we wait for SIA to call us. Sighs another day of waiting I suppose.
wah thank xanngac.....looks like is waiting again

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 2:47 pm

Yah lor, no news is good news. Give them a day or two ba. Likely not today already. If this is so, minikk, you won't be able to make it for 22nd is it?? :-k

crystalheart

Post by crystalheart » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 3:00 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
VeniE wrote:
Abercrombie wrote: More bad news....Only experience crew (>3 yrs) will be train in A345 and A380. Well you will still have long flights lah most of it is serve by the 777-300 ER, but due to the miserable no. of crew onboard only 1 or 2 max probation crew can be rostered on it so that the flight will go on smoothly, come to think about it then the chances of good flights is gonna be very low for you gals liao :cry:
haiz.. less in flight allowance toO...
That equate to More work but Less $$$ :mad:
Why worry which fleet u are posted to.As long as u got the job u shd be happy. Do u know how many out there couldn't even pass the 1st rd interview? Sorry I don't mean to lecture u but we shld appreciate the things we have and be thankful. :D

isabelle85

Post by isabelle85 » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 3:21 pm

crystalheart wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
VeniE wrote: haiz.. less in flight allowance toO...
That equate to More work but Less $$$ :mad:
Why worry which fleet u are posted to.As long as u got the job u shd be happy. Do u know how many out there couldn't even pass the 1st rd interview? Sorry I don't mean to lecture u but we shld appreciate the things we have and be thankful. :D

hi. This forum is made up of many who share the common dream of being in SIA as a cabin crew, but we are all in different phrase, some working hard to get in while some already in it. I guess its very natural for any empolyee to discuss or complain about their work, how tedious the work and the pay they getting are among all things discussed when in the job. =). Who knows, you may be one of those 'complaining' when you are in it! hee.

Guess you must be one of the eligible SQ hopefuls too, wish you all the best :D , you going for 27th Jan walk in?

angelfrez

Post by angelfrez » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 4:17 pm

how big is one training batch?

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 4:46 pm

Any idea if one have only 2 credits in her o level but later get a pte dip frm mdis(business management) is eligible or not??

Or die-die must have 5 credits??

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 5:17 pm

Those who passed today's mgmt rd so far is Raine, Ben, Ashton and me.

So sorry Yingying & Pink, i have to go home to do housework, cannot stay there and root for you all :oops: You all must pass too ok!

As for today's passing rate, it is ard 80% i think at the point when i left. At least 20 candidates were there, total 2 rooms of interviewers.

Most of the questions, i got were mainly on my studies cause i'm still doing my degree. Other than that will be why you want to be a cabin crew and tell me more about ur family.

I was so nervous that i breakdown during the interview :cry:

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 5:20 pm

Sokeai wrote:Those who passed today's mgmt rd so far is Raine, Ben, Ashton and me.

So sorry Yingying & Pink, i have to go home to do housework, cannot stay there and root for you all :oops: You all must pass too ok!

As for today's passing rate, it is ard 80% i think at the point when i left. At least 20 candidates were there, total 2 rooms of interviewers.

Most of the questions, i got were mainly on my studies cause i'm still doing my degree. Other than that will be why you want to be a cabin crew and tell me more about ur family.

ah yoi... but pass liao so no need to worry so much k..

so done ya medical check up??
Soaring above all

pseudonymace

Post by pseudonymace » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 5:28 pm

K...I am extremely new to this but just like many of you...i too am a hopeful for the much coveted title of "SIA Cabin Crew". I was one of those who went for the write-in on January 3rd at SIA training centre. I passed those rounds and am now waiting for the Management round. But that aside, what is this medical thing all about? I am totally lost about that. When are you supposed to go for that? Is it for the males also or only the females. I'd be very appreciative if someone...just anyone...could enlighten me on this. Thank you!!!! :)

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 5:29 pm

VeniE wrote:
Sokeai wrote:Those who passed today's mgmt rd so far is Raine, Ben, Ashton and me.

Hehe thanks so much Venie!

I can't believe it, only left medical and i'll be able to start training! I am so excited, can't wait >.<

Have not done medical cause we finished not long ago and the clinic closes at 3pm. So we will be going down tomorrow to do our medical.

angelfrez

Post by angelfrez » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 5:33 pm

Sokeai wrote:
VeniE wrote:

Hehe thanks so much Venie!

I can't believe it, only left medical and i'll be able to start training! I am so excited, can't wait >.<

Have not done medical cause we finished not long ago and the clinic closes at 3pm. So we will be going down tomorrow to do our medical.
so how abt ur degree?
u gonna stop or finish ur degree 1st?