Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 5:45 pm

okieping wrote:
VeniE wrote:
xanngac wrote:
Hahaha yes I think the pay is only enough for travelling fee to STC and food in STC canteen that's all. :P

Confirm its going to be 3mths training not 4mths is it?
heard is 3 months for the jan 2nd's batch.. so i think it's gonna be the same for us..

another friend of mine start in nov'07, for hers is 3.5 months..

so it's roughly 3 months lo..

btw...there's no need for us to paint our nails and bun our hair on the first day of training right?
Hehe ok tks Venie, fill us in on more details when your training starts. :)

Think no need to paint our nails and bun our hair right? Ok cause I know nothing about bunning my hair the SQ way! :P
And so my journey begins... :)

sunseasky44

Height

Post by sunseasky44 » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 5:46 pm

Hi Venie, can i just check with you if the girls who got through were all tall or something? Cos im thinking of going for the 27th jan walk-in but am so apprehensive of my height. :/ BTW, congrats cos u're so lucky you'll be realising your dreams in 3 mths' time!! :)

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 5:53 pm

xanngac wrote:
okieping wrote: btw...there's no need for us to paint our nails and bun our hair on the first day of training right?
Hehe ok tks Venie, fill us in on more details when your training starts. :)

Think no need to paint our nails and bun our hair right? Ok cause I know nothing about bunning my hair the SQ way! :P
hmm.. my friend says first two days no need..

only after you start your grooming course, you have to put on your "nice" bluey eye shadow, "reddy" nails & the little grandma bun.. keke

for me no need the bun coz i have short hair.. purposely cut short de so that i can save time.. just comb and spray lotsa hair spray. lolx.

but they will teach you how to do that.. wont torture you de la..
heard training is gonna be tons of fun... you meet ppl who shares the same passion as you and you get to do things together.

what i look forward is the emergency training.. keke..
just like what we saw in the jap drama "Attention Please"
practical training leh.. i like.. keke...
Soaring above all

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Height

Post by VeniE » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 5:55 pm

sunseasky44 wrote:Hi Venie, can i just check with you if the girls who got through were all tall or something? Cos im thinking of going for the 27th jan walk-in but am so apprehensive of my height. :/ BTW, congrats cos u're so lucky you'll be realising your dreams in 3 mths' time!! :)
not all are tall super model kind de... average is standing @ 1.6m++
as long as you're 1.58m, you can pass.. :)
Soaring above all

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 6:05 pm

VeniE wrote: hmm.. my friend says first two days no need..

only after you start your grooming course, you have to put on your "nice" bluey eye shadow, "reddy" nails & the little grandma bun.. keke

for me no need the bun coz i have short hair.. purposely cut short de so that i can save time.. just comb and spray lotsa hair spray. lolx.

heard training is gonna be tons of fun... you meet ppl who shares the same passion as you and you get to do things together.

Haha hands-on training more interactive and fun, definitely better than just theory! :)

Yah, to meet people who shares the same passion, its going to be really fun. Very lucky to have met nice people like okieping and minikk during our interviews. Would be great if we can train together! :)

okieping
Regular
Regular

Post by okieping » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 6:07 pm

xanngac wrote:

Haha hands-on training more interactive and fun, definitely better than just theory! :)

Yah, to meet people who shares the same passion, its going to be really fun. Very lucky to have met nice people like okieping and minikk during our interviews. Would be great if we can train together! :)

but like that we might get alot of scolding...cos we might be too noisy.....3 women become a market... :)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 6:09 pm

okieping wrote:
xanngac wrote:

but like that we might get alot of scolding...cos we might be too noisy.....3 women become a market... :)
Hahaha aiyah I'm sure the trainers are quite used to such things! :P

minikk

Post by minikk » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 6:40 pm

tonight no need to sleep again....

3 woman is a market so theres okie ping anf xanngac and me

so 3 liao haha

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 6:43 pm

minikk wrote:tonight no need to sleep again....

3 woman is a market so theres okie ping anf xanngac and me

so 3 liao haha
Yah lor the 3 of us. :) Must sleep k morning then you feel stress about it cause they won't call us after office hours anyway.

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 8:03 pm

i am nervous!!!!

for the 27th dec batch who passed the management round, can i ask how did u manage to answer the following questions:

-ability to cope with politics and bullying (eg. asking what you would do if a superior instructed you to do something you knew was wrong)
-how you would deal with superiors who are younger than you / less capable than you when faced with bullying

thanks in advance! i am feeling nauseous and wanna throw up.. at all the interviews.. all these interviews really scaring me.. :shock:

Maximus_miranda

Post by Maximus_miranda » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 8:37 pm

yingying2888 wrote:i am nervous!!!!

for the 27th dec batch who passed the management round, can i ask how did u manage to answer the following questions:

-ability to cope with politics and bullying (eg. asking what you would do if a superior instructed you to do something you knew was wrong)
-how you would deal with superiors who are younger than you / less capable than you when faced with bullying

thanks in advance! i am feeling nauseous and wanna throw up.. at all the interviews.. all these interviews really scaring me.. :shock:
Hi Yingying2888, I was thrown the exact same questions. This is what I answered and apparently, the interviewers nodded their heads with approval.

-Ability to cope with politics and bullying (eg. asking what you would do if a superior instructed you to do something you knew was wrong)

In any given situation when I'm told to complete a task which defies the constitution and integrity of either myself or my organization, I will first judge the exact task. Will it hurt another person? Will it cause unnecessary trouble? Is it against my own conscience? Honestly, if it doesn't fit into any of that criterias, I'll do it first, then I will approach my supervisor for enlightenment. Only then, will I not taken to task for insubordination. I definitely am justified to speak up, of course, in a polite manner.

-How you would deal with superiors who are younger than you / less capable than you when faced with bullying

A lot of people are born with the gift of the gap. Having this gift will allow them to think that they can talk their way out of any situation. But the greatest lesson to learn, if one really possesses this gift, is to learn when not to use it. Hierarchy occurs in all organization. Even if this particular person happens to be less capable or younger, he/she is still my superior. I will give the due respect, but will try to approach others with an equal or higher ranking to gain enlightenment.

Bottom line is, always put yourself in a protected but subordinated position. Only then will you give them the impression that you have a willingness to help, learn, assist and improve yourself.

All the best and good luck!

Maximus
www.tiratira.sg
Singapore's first customization online store where the final looks of all our products are designed by the customer! Free shipping worldwide!

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 8:56 pm

oh my god your english is seriously erm CHIMOLOGY. i doubt i can answer like you. oh well.

i'm leaving it to fate. haha

thankyou so much for helping!

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 9:13 pm

Maximus_miranda wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:i am nervous!!!!

Hi Yingying2888, I was thrown the exact same questions. This is what I answered and apparently, the interviewers nodded their heads with approval.

-Ability to cope with politics and bullying (eg. asking what you would do if a superior instructed you to do something you knew was wrong)

In any given situation when I'm told to complete a task which defies the constitution and integrity of either myself or my organization, I will first judge the exact task. Will it hurt another person? Will it cause unnecessary trouble? Is it against my own conscience? Honestly, if it doesn't fit into any of that criterias, I'll do it first, then I will approach my supervisor for enlightenment. Only then, will I not taken to task for insubordination. I definitely am justified to speak up, of course, in a polite manner.

-How you would deal with superiors who are younger than you / less capable than you when faced with bullying

A lot of people are born with the gift of the gap. Having this gift will allow them to think that they can talk their way out of any situation. But the greatest lesson to learn, if one really possesses this gift, is to learn when not to use it. Hierarchy occurs in all organization. Even if this particular person happens to be less capable or younger, he/she is still my superior. I will give the due respect, but will try to approach others with an equal or higher ranking to gain enlightenment.

Bottom line is, always put yourself in a protected but subordinated position. Only then will you give them the impression that you have a willingness to help, learn, assist and improve yourself.

All the best and good luck!

Maximus
that was really helpful.. thanks so much maximus! soooo darn nervous.. how long does the mgmt round lasts?

And_drew

Post by And_drew » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 9:45 pm

xanngac wrote:
VeniE wrote:
minikk wrote: how long u waited before you got a call from HR?
for me is quite fast..
dec 6: went for my mgmt round & medical checkup
dec 7: got a call from the clinic, request me to go back to redo my x-ray
dec 8: went back for x-ray
dec 11: got my call from SIA that i cleared my medical and assigned me the training date :)

actually it varies for everyone la.. keke...
WAH! So fast! I hope they call us tmr okieping and minikk... Let's all keep our fingers crossed! [-o<
Venie, Was it the same clinic at paragon? some frenz who called me from unfamiliar numbers got scolding from me today for false alarm :evil:

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 10:05 pm

we're having our management tomoro and we're so nervous!! haha

would like to ask..

do we need to shake the interviewers hands when we enter the room?