Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
la vie en rose

Post by la vie en rose » Sun, 06 Jan 2008 4:33 pm

christmas wrote:haven't been here for quite some time. just turned 19, want to go for ps this summer.. have emailed dr jung in korea n dr hsu in taiwan.

anyone knows any good lipo surgeon? worried about all the excess skin and scars though.
Hi Christmas,

Doctors will tell you that there is no “better season”
I like my new nose!

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Sun, 06 Jan 2008 4:42 pm

la vie en rose & dimensionspectrum: think i did not answer you qn abt rib cartilage.

actually, the less than desired result from Dr. Jung let me give Dr. Hsu a free hand = whatever he deemed fit to to re-construct my nose. i m really glad tt I hv trusted him.  (u better ck with him yrself on his reservation for yr particular case.)

in my case, we need to solve my extreme 'ski slope' , crooked nose with good projection:
+ at the highest augmented level, it is 4-4.5mm thick for my bridge.
+ due to my inherent crooked tip, he needed material as long as abt 4cm to hold/structure from end-to-end.
+i do not fancy using all my ear cartilage cos of Mian Xiang while Dr. Hsu did not want to cut me 'everywhere' - ear, septal. and rib.
=>harvesting from rib is the best option.

i went last thurs, 27 Jan, operated on 28 Jan (this time i chose a damn good date & time matching several 择日metaphysics systems :D ), hospitalized 2 days, rested in hotel 4 days, remove stitches on 6th day. A somewhat rather tight schedule but I am recovering well (drinking a lot of manuka honey & green tea and taking medication promptly). met some frens for dinner last night, my frens said they cannot tell i am swelling. :)

today, 9th day, my rib feels tender (not painful). i am careful not to lift heavy stuff and follow his instructions.

DMN
Regular
Regular

Re: Dr. Hsu & recent surgeries

Post by DMN » Sun, 06 Jan 2008 4:48 pm

kwelll wrote:A blessed & healthy New Year everyone!

Must admit i`ve lost touched with this list- must have been months now. Glad the forum is in order and running, again.

DMN: Am very pleased you have had the good fortune of meeting Dr Hsu in person and that the experience was rewarding for you. Not sure if you got my e-mail reply to yours before your surgery, hopefully it assured you Dr. Hsu continues to inspire me through his dedication; passion and love of his work & his unfailing care to his every patient. His work and experiences will only enrich him further for a better future.

Honesty through one's integrity and character, is its own reward. May all good things come to those who wait in good faith & honesty. Keep us updated on your recovery and you know I do not mind photos, at all. LOL

Best wishes

Kwelll
Hi Kwell!

I did not received your mail. But I was assured cos we communicate via phone and email before my trip, I jsut wanted to hear from you. :-)

Hmm.... photos is tough for an idiot like me - i really dunno how to take photo... anyway, will try to learn cos Dr. Hsu wants to follow up on weekly basis for first months.

Pls email me again. I like to know if you are doing well. :wink:

cheers,
dmn

la vie en rose

Post by la vie en rose » Sun, 06 Jan 2008 4:59 pm

DMN wrote:la vie en rose & dimensionspectrum: think i did not answer you qn abt rib cartilage.

actually, the less than desired result from Dr. Jung let me give Dr. Hsu a free hand = whatever he deemed fit to to re-construct my nose. i m really glad tt I hv trusted him.  (u better ck with him yrself on his reservation for yr particular case.)

in my case, we need to solve my extreme 'ski slope' , crooked nose with good projection:
+ at the highest augmented level, it is 4-4.5mm thick for my bridge.
+ due to my inherent crooked tip, he needed material as long as abt 4cm to hold/structure from end-to-end.
+i do not fancy using all my ear cartilage cos of Mian Xiang while Dr. Hsu did not want to cut me 'everywhere' - ear, septal. and rib.

i went last thurs, 27 Jan, operated on 28 Jan (this time i chose a damn good date & time matching several 择日metaphysics systems :D ), hospitalized 2 days, rested in hotel 4 days, remove stitches on 6th day. A somewhat rather tight schedule but I am recovering well (drinking a lot of manuka honey & green tea and taking medication promptly). met some frens for dinner last night, my frens said they cannot tell i am swelling. :)

today, 9th day, my rib feels tender (not painful). i am careful not to lift heavy stuff and follow his instructions.

OH Hi DMN,

Good to get your news! :)

Didn’t know you would go to Dr. Hsu in December, if not I would wait one month more, so I could decide on ear or rib cartilage. I chose “ear”
I like my new nose!

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Re: dark eye rings

Post by jovinliu » Sun, 06 Jan 2008 5:02 pm

Surgery just for removal of dark eye rings, i don't think there is. Laser is one possibility, and sometimes dark eye circles may lighten when you do eye bag removal surgery. I read that doctors will also "remobve" dark circles while doing eye bag removal surgery, exactly how i don't know though.

http://www.alaxis.com.sg/service.aspx <== i read that this clinic does laser for dark eye circles removal at a package price, $1200 i think. I think they have instalment plan.

/'Jovin
snowss wrote:hi

anybody knows if there is any cosmetic surgery to be done if I want to get rid of dark eye rings...

Or it is incurable :(
Hmmm... what should I do next? Cheekbone reduction maybe?

la vie en rose

Post by la vie en rose » Sun, 06 Jan 2008 5:32 pm

DMN wrote:la vie en rose & dimensionspectrum: think i did not answer you qn abt rib cartilage.

i went last thurs, 27 Jan, operated on 28 Jan (this time i chose a damn good date & time matching several 择日metaphysics systems :D ),

Hi DMN,

I chose a good day for traveling to Taiwan and good day and good time for the surgery too! Ha! :wink:

And when Dr. Hsu asked me why I wanted to do rhinoplasty. I told him “for mianxiang, I must have a nice nose before my 40s”
I like my new nose!

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 1:04 am

[quote="la vie en rose"] Regarding to the goretex removal, after the surgery Dr. Hsu told me that a few skin was removed together with the implant, so my nose could be “red”

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 1:05 am

[quote="la vie en rose"]
I chose a good day for traveling to Taiwan and good day and good time for the surgery too! Ha! Wink

And when Dr. Hsu asked me why I wanted to do rhinoplasty. I told him “for mianxiang, I must have a nice nose before my 40s”
Last edited by DMN on Mon, 07 Jan 2008 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 1:05 am

A few asked me same qn and typically as foll:
I will be going for Dr Hsu SOON! for the rib cart implant but i am worried about the asethetic result from rib cart...I wanted thin and narrow with a sharp tip nose ....
did Dr Hsu able t do that with rib cart?e
Pls share with me his website only have 1 rib cart example...
is it like Dr toriumi 's rib cart example? your sharing will be much appreciated
my nose is not like that cos my face does not suit such nose.

In fact, Dr. Hsu did mentioned if I want my nose tip smalller. But I requested for a moderate definition. I think I am getting it cos it is afterall 9th day. More deswelling needed and best results will be seen in 2months' time.

I really do not think or want the nose of tt girl in Dr. Toriumi's site - it is very bad Mian Xiang. All things being equal for other facial feature, this is typical 克夫nose seen in ktv girls. No 貴氣/nobility. Only 'Fire' type of faces can carry such nose. Better to have flat, wide and upturned noses than such bony and pointy nose. Really sorry - I am being technical and academic here, not being personal.

'Fire' element faces have triangular (usually small) faces, the top of their head typically has a small bump, eyes are usually phoenix eyes (whole eyes slant upwards towards the corner - BUT cannot be overly done.), rounded but high cheekbones and a little pushed-out chin.

E.g. Tina Tan-Leo of Singapore's The Link Group. http://www.revolution-press.com/news/wp ... nch/41.jpg ONLY these type of ladies can carry bony bridge. But nose tip usually still hv some flesh.

good luck! :)

christmas

Post by christmas » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 10:05 am

la vie en rose wrote:
christmas wrote:haven't been here for quite some time. just turned 19, want to go for ps this summer.. have emailed dr jung in korea n dr hsu in taiwan.

anyone knows any good lipo surgeon? worried about all the excess skin and scars though.
Hi Christmas,

dimensionspectrum
Regular
Regular

Post by dimensionspectrum » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 12:15 pm

christmas wrote:
la vie en rose wrote:

Hi Christmas,

dimensionspectrum
Regular
Regular

Post by dimensionspectrum » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 12:20 pm

Hi, i have gotten a date with Dr Hsu on 12th March for surgery.
Anyone wants to go to him as well?
We can go together.
But have to decide fast n then email him if he has a slot as well?
If all is fully booked then it's not possible to do together on the same day.

Pm me if u r keen!
Cheers

christmas

Post by christmas » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 3:38 pm

dimensionspectrum wrote:
christmas wrote:
la vie en rose wrote:
Hi Christmas,

la vie en rose

Post by la vie en rose » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 8:14 pm

christmas wrote:
la vie en rose wrote:
christmas wrote:
Wish you good luck.
Thanks for the reply! I've heard about that before, but I really have no choice because I can't afford the time any other holiday. I shall coop myself in the hotel 24/7 for a week then :(

Blackheads give you big holes on the nose? Did you squeeze them or sth?

Dr Hsu replied and said I have to get it from rib, but I really don't want the scar and the pain (I cannot stand pain at all). Dr Hsu doesn't do sillicone/goretex right? So I have to look for a new doc?
Hi Christmas,

I didn’t squeeze them. After my first surgery, I had 3 small holes, after the 2sd, they became bigger :( It was 38-40 degrees in Shanghai... Is it fresher in your place? Where are you located? I think there is something to do with “foreign body”
I like my new nose!

la vie en rose

Post by la vie en rose » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 8:28 pm

christmas wrote:
Hmmm you have a point. I have to use the ribs because I have almost no nose bridge :???: and I want a high one (which is why I'm doing this -.-) I think ear cartilage is not enough for me. I think it's more about the scar than the pain since there's anesthesia. Dr Hsu does mention in his site that if the cartilage is removed higher than bras or bikinis can hide the scar (does this mean he'll cut below the breast?)... but I really don't want to have to do surgery on two parts of my body (unless it's really essential) and have a scar on my chest/stomach.

Do any of the doctors do digital imaging? I'm really scared that the effect will not be how I want it to be.

Anyone going to Taiwan in the summer, please contact me thanks.
Dr. Hsu told me that donation cartilage is forbidden by the laws in Taiwan, so if you want to use rib for surgery and worry about the scar and the pain, maybe to contact the doctors of other countries. I know that Dr. Jung provides donation cartilage, but you have to pay more. He is famous for goretex but don’t know if is good for rib.
I like my new nose!