Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
shellen
Regular
Regular

Post by shellen » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 12:13 am

raine...gd luck 4 ur mgt! rem 2 drink water n do more mask b4 ur interview. kip postin on ur gd news!

hafiz...dun giv up. U made it 4 far,im sure u muz hv wat it tks. mayb gotta work in sum area to improve. kip tryin,im sure u'll make it 1 dae!

and 4 those (plus mi) gg 4 27th Jan, i read abt that ex-SIA trainer blog. nt sure if i wanna go. Even if i do, i alittle afraid of gg alone as well.

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 2:57 am

Abercrombie wrote: More bad news....Only experience crew (>3 yrs) will be train in A345 and A380. Well you will still have long flights lah most of it is serve by the 777-300 ER, but due to the miserable no. of crew onboard only 1 or 2 max probation crew can be rostered on it so that the flight will go on smoothly, come to think about it then the chances of good flights is gonna be very low for you gals liao :cry:
Hmmm that must imply they have a lot of experienced crew since long/good flights are all taken care by them? I heard that the turnover rate is high, with half of the crew leaving before the 5-year contract is up. So why are they only training those who has worked for 3 years? After these 3 years how many more years would they still stay for?

Makes sense to not train on 747 since it's gonna be phased out.

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Re: Kicked out after skin check round

Post by akiheartfelt » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 3:00 am

gladys_lopez wrote:Dun know if anybody faced the same situation with me before..

There were 3 of us in my group who passed Round 1 and proceeded to Kebaya round.
After it was announced we got in, me and another girl wanted to walk to the restroom and was too nervous to remember that we had to change into the kebaya that we walked to the ladies.

Then the HR lady called us and asked where we were going to and asked us to come back. We replied that we were too nervous and was quite "urgent" and apologised.

After the skin checks, the third girl told us that the lady for the Kebaya round said that she needs to do shoulder exercise and one side of her shoulder was lower than the other one.

Then we were informed that me and the other girl who wanted to go to the ladies earlier was not chosen.

Then the girl who was with me said that she saw the Kebaya round lady wrote N on all 3 of our forms.

Dun know if we were "marked" cause we didn't listen to instructions properly or maybe i really walked too fast, haha..

Does the HR staff have the rights to disqualify anybody?
I hope you're not "marked" cos of that!! We want to be flight stewardesses, not robots!

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 8:33 am

VeniE wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:It means that you are train to fly in the 747 aircraft. Due to shortage of crew, new trainees might not be train in 747 fleet liao. This is to reduce the training time and have them pass out as cabin crew as soon as possible. Don't be surprise to get "turn around" for 1st solo too :P
from jan 2nd batch onwards, trainees will not be trained on 747 le..
got to know this from a friend..
Hey Abercrombie,

When will SIA phase out 747?
in how many years time?
747 is a bigger plane as compared to 777 right?
As 747 has 4 engines & 777 has 2 engines...it does make sense for them to have fuel conservation by keeping 777 only..
.CEL.

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 11:01 am

shellen wrote:raine...gd luck 4 ur mgt! rem 2 drink water n do more mask b4 ur interview. kip postin on ur gd news!

hafiz...dun giv up. U made it 4 far,im sure u muz hv wat it tks. mayb gotta work in sum area to improve. kip tryin,im sure u'll make it 1 dae!

and 4 those (plus mi) gg 4 27th Jan, i read abt that ex-SIA trainer blog. nt sure if i wanna go. Even if i do, i alittle afraid of gg alone as well.

okay!! i'll go buy more more more masks. lol!! i hope they'll let me pass~!

thanks shellen!! jiayou for the 27th alrights!!

as fot he Ex SIA trainer blog.. i think he's a bit wierd leh.. why mus meet outside? cannot thru mail? if u're really interested ask somebody to go with u k!

ladyybbird

Post by ladyybbird » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 11:16 am

Acorna wrote:
crystalheart wrote:
downtown wrote:i am scared....but i really want to join all of you on 27th of jan
I just came across this ex sia cabin crew executive who had a lot of experience in cabin crew and he was an interviewer too. He has offered to help those who are going for the interview(gals & guys) free of charge.I think he is genuine coz he has pic of himself,wife and his dogs in his blog. His blog is at http://excce.blogspot.comThanks and best regards :)
Crystal
Hey crystalheart, i have viewed and read bits and pieces of his blog. i must say that i am quite interested to meeting him. =) Wonder what advices he would offer. Think about it peeps, we would have all experiences told to us straight from the horse's mouth!! Anyone else interested??

Hafiz, dont get too disheartened okie? Do you have a ban or sth?

Have you guys tried to e-mail this ex sia cabin crew executive by the name of sstan? Perhaps we can get some tips by meeting up with him. Anyone interested since it is a FOC service?? :)

crystalheart

Post by crystalheart » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 11:28 am

He is helpful i was told but he is quite busy. Contact him and see what he says. This girl is an sia stewardess and her blog is http://siastewardess.blogspot.com Maybe she can gv some info abt the job..good luck guys!
hafiz_ wrote:
Acorna wrote:
crystalheart wrote: I just came across this ex sia cabin crew executive who had a lot of experience in cabin crew and he was an interviewer too. He has offered to help those who are going for the interview(gals & guys) free of charge.I think he is genuine coz he has pic of himself,wife and his dogs in his blog. His blog is at http://excce.blogspot.comThanks and best regards :)
Crystal
Hey crystalheart, i have viewed and read bits and pieces of his blog. i must say that i am quite interested to meeting him. =) Wonder what advices he would offer. Think about it peeps, we would have all experiences told to us straight from the horse's mouth!! Anyone else interested??

Hafiz, dont get too disheartened okie? Do you have a ban or sth?
hey acorna. i cant do anything also. sigh. sigh only lor. haha. the lady told us yesterday if you dont make it, you can try again 3 months later. but people in the forum have been saying its 6 months. then 2 months. now it's 3 months. dunno if there's a specific rule or what. anyway i emailed back the lady asking if there's a ban. so i guess we'll wait for her reply. i'll update her not to worry...

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 11:43 am

Sokeai wrote:I got my call this morning, i'm in the 2.30pm slot on 8th Jan. The lady say she will email me more on the details.

Looks like we can go down together! Where do you all stay? Ben/Rain/Yingying? :D
i'm staying in holland. but i will go down from school. i'm studying in SP. =) my slot is 330pm.

btw, ben, sokeai, the mail asked us to complete the attached forms and print it out. but i didnt see any forms, u guys have it?

raine, keep calling them when its office hours. like what i did when i keep flooding them the write application form. you will get it since you've already got the call from them! dun worry too much ya?

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 12:05 pm

VeniE wrote:
Abercrombie wrote: More bad news....Only experience crew (>3 yrs) will be train in A345 and A380. Well you will still have long flights lah most of it is serve by the 777-300 ER, but due to the miserable no. of crew onboard only 1 or 2 max probation crew can be rostered on it so that the flight will go on smoothly, come to think about it then the chances of good flights is gonna be very low for you gals liao :cry:
haiz.. less in flight allowance toO...
Wah...there goes my london, tokyo all the long haul nice flights... :(
And so my journey begins... :)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 12:25 pm

Abercrombie wrote:Things will get slightly better after your probation end and slightly more after your 1st year whereby you should have completed your Business class training and qualified to work there. Traditionally your first 2 months of flying will be good $$, this is to make up for the income loss during the 3-4 mths of training if possible. You will not feel much lah as when you have not been thru good time, you will not know how hard it is now.....you will just take it as normal :lol:
Ok what you say makes sense haha. Actually if I can get to fly, I'm happy already. Now awaiting medical to clear the last stage... So gan cheong! :shock:

Hey rolly-polly and smileygal, congrats for making it through! Btw, I'm the one who sat besides Grace that day, the one in white shirt and black pants, rem? :) I wonder when they will get back to us about the medical. Keep us updated if they get to you all ya. :)

smileygal

Post by smileygal » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 12:30 pm

xanngac wrote:
VeniE wrote:
haiz.. less in flight allowance toO...
Hey Gal, dun worry.... cos my bf said that 747 is pretty suckie to fly, due to the configuration, so it's actually good news to be trained on only 777.... and anyway, 747 is gonna be phased out soon, so we dun actually lose out anything...

Anyway, just to update everyone, something cropped up regarding my application, so i might not be able to be everyone's colleague after all.... still pending and i'll keep u guys updated.... it's my little secret....
Good luck to everyone else..... cheers:p

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 12:34 pm

oh no, wad thing cropped up?

everything alright?

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 12:35 pm

smileygal wrote:
xanngac wrote:
VeniE wrote: haiz.. less in flight allowance toO...
Hey Gal, dun worry.... cos my bf said that 747 is pretty suckie to fly, due to the configuration, so it's actually good news to be trained on only 777.... and anyway, 747 is gonna be phased out soon, so we dun actually lose out anything...

Anyway, just to update everyone, something cropped up regarding my application, so i might not be able to be everyone's colleague after all.... still pending and i'll keep u guys updated.... it's my little secret....
Good luck to everyone else..... cheers:p
Oh dear... I hope everything will be alright for your application k. Good luck! :)

downtown
Chatter
Chatter

Post by downtown » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 1:31 pm

so walk in chances are lessser than write in chances

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 2:31 pm

downtown wrote:so walk in chances are lessser than write in chances
Don't think that's the case la...