Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
aliciagloria
Regular
Regular

Post by aliciagloria » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 10:40 pm

Acorna wrote:
crystalheart wrote:
downtown wrote:i am scared....but i really want to join all of you on 27th of jan
I just came across this ex sia cabin crew executive who had a lot of experience in cabin crew and he was an interviewer too. He has offered to help those who are going for the interview(gals & guys) free of charge.I think he is genuine coz he has pic of himself,wife and his dogs in his blog. His blog is at http://excce.blogspot.comThanks and best regards :)
Crystal
Hey crystalheart, i have viewed and read bits and pieces of his blog. i must say that i am quite interested to meeting him. =) Wonder what advices he would offer. Think about it peeps, we would have all experiences told to us straight from the horse's mouth!! Anyone else interested??

Hey, I'm interested to meet him too. I wonder wat tips he'll share wif us. Shall we go toge? pm me? dun wana go alone....

Hafiz, dont get too disheartened okie? Do you have a ban or sth?

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 10:43 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
VeniE wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:It means that you are train to fly in the 747 aircraft. Due to shortage of crew, new trainees might not be train in 747 fleet liao. This is to reduce the training time and have them pass out as cabin crew as soon as possible. Don't be surprise to get "turn around" for 1st solo too :P
from jan 2nd batch onwards, trainees will not be trained on 747 le..
got to know this from a friend..
Aiya I hv said this very long long time ago liao lah, No 747 also means no Tokyo Shinjuku, L.A, New York, London..... :cry: SIA is selling off all the 747 very soon, so bear with it lah :P
actually think on the bright side, it's actually an advantage for trainees, you dun have to learn 2 aircraft models and can concentrate better on one aircraft, 777 (bigger aircraft).

anyway, they have so many increase routes. and in future we can still work on other aircraft ar.
Soaring above all

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 10:46 pm

VeniE wrote:
xanngac wrote:
VeniE wrote: from jan 2nd batch onwards, trainees will not be trained on 747 le..
Hey Venie, how will this affect these trainees? As in does it mean these trainees will not get to fly to some cities because they are not trained on 747?
it will affect at the moment coz means you wont get to fly on 747.
my friend says we will lose out on the london route as they use 747 aircraft.
but not to worry coz SIA is phasing out 747 soon and it will be replace by A380.
so will affect for a short period (less long haul flight).
once A380 are out, everything should be okay.
and the training will be reduce to 3 months too.
too short of crew so prob that's why they wanna speed up the training and get the crew started asap to improve the shortage :)
More bad news....Only experience crew (>3 yrs) will be train in A345 and A380. Well you will still have long flights lah most of it is serve by the 777-300 ER, but due to the miserable no. of crew onboard only 1 or 2 max probation crew can be rostered on it so that the flight will go on smoothly, come to think about it then the chances of good flights is gonna be very low for you gals liao :cry:

gladys_lopez
Regular
Regular

Live your dreams

Post by gladys_lopez » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 10:46 pm

There'll be a day when I'll join all of u, i promise myself..
Last edited by gladys_lopez on Fri, 04 Jan 2008 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My dreams will all be fulfilled one day..

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 10:50 pm

VeniE wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
VeniE wrote: from jan 2nd batch onwards, trainees will not be trained on 747 le..
Aiya I hv said this very long long time ago liao lah, No 747 also means no Tokyo Shinjuku, L.A, New York, London..... :cry: SIA is selling off all the 747 very soon, so bear with it lah :P
actually think on the bright side, it's actually an advantage for trainees, you dun have to learn 2 aircraft models and can concentrate better on one aircraft, 777 (bigger aircraft).

anyway, they have so many increase routes. and in future we can still work on other aircraft ar.
Yes SIA is increasing frequency to a few cities but those few cities are the one that you would really really want to avoid :D New destination......its more like 1 or 2 per year and might not be places that you would want to go :-|

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 10:52 pm

Abercrombie wrote: More bad news....Only experience crew (>3 yrs) will be train in A345 and A380. Well you will still have long flights lah most of it is serve by the 777-300 ER, but due to the miserable no. of crew onboard only 1 or 2 max probation crew can be rostered on it so that the flight will go on smoothly, come to think about it then the chances of good flights is gonna be very low for you gals liao :cry:
haiz.. less in flight allowance toO...
Soaring above all

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 10:56 pm

VeniE wrote:
Abercrombie wrote: More bad news....Only experience crew (>3 yrs) will be train in A345 and A380. Well you will still have long flights lah most of it is serve by the 777-300 ER, but due to the miserable no. of crew onboard only 1 or 2 max probation crew can be rostered on it so that the flight will go on smoothly, come to think about it then the chances of good flights is gonna be very low for you gals liao :cry:
That equate to More work but Less $$$ :mad:

gladys_lopez
Regular
Regular

Post by gladys_lopez » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 11:01 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
VeniE wrote:
Really? but till how long?

rolly-polly

Post by rolly-polly » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 11:03 pm

hafiz_ wrote:xanngac, okieping, smileygal,

i didnt manage to pass the management round. sigh. the worst is failing the management when you've already gone so far. i dunno how the other kiv guys did though. and i wonder if there are appeal cases. hmm.

and rollypolly, you were there too yesterday?
yes i was there... the one in white, one of the last few to reach and get out. The only malay girl i hafta say easier for u to recognise. Anyways i bumped into janice (ettihad) n christina too earlier for our medical check up. Simple one but we hafta wait for a longgg longgg time.!!!

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 11:11 pm

Things will get slightly better after your probation end and slightly more after your 1st year whereby you should have completed your Business class training and qualified to work there. Traditionally your first 2 months of flying will be good $$, this is to make up for the income loss during the 3-4 mths of training if possible. You will not feel much lah as when you have not been thru good time, you will not know how hard it is now.....you will just take it as normal :lol:

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 11:19 pm

gladys_lopez wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:
VeniE wrote: haiz.. less in flight allowance toO...
As to the Question itself.... since when does a company will start to pay you more with reduce work :lol: It had always been more and more work with same or less pay :???:

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 11:28 pm

rolly-polly wrote:
hafiz_ wrote:xanngac, okieping, smileygal,

i didnt manage to pass the management round. sigh. the worst is failing the management when you've already gone so far. i dunno how the other kiv guys did though. and i wonder if there are appeal cases. hmm.

and rollypolly, you were there too yesterday?
yes i was there... the one in white, one of the last few to reach and get out. The only malay girl i hafta say easier for u to recognise. Anyways i bumped into janice (ettihad) n christina too earlier for our medical check up. Simple one but we hafta wait for a longgg longgg time.!!!
haha yeah. the phrase malay girl made it so much more easier. congrats yeah!

gladys_lopez
Regular
Regular

Post by gladys_lopez » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 11:46 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote:
Abercrombie wrote: That equate to More work but Less $$$ :mad:
As to the Question itself.... since when does a company will start to pay you more with reduce work :lol: It had always been more and more work with same or less pay :???:
That means after 3 years of experience will allow us to have a more favourable amount of allowances?

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 11:53 pm

the changing of aircraft will only affect us a while..

after the aircraft replacement, i guess it will be more stabalise..

as long as i get to fly, i'm happy.. keke..

honestly i even thought of having it as a long term career if everything is bearable :)
Soaring above all

starrynitezz
Regular
Regular

Post by starrynitezz » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 11:59 pm

ha.. agree