Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 1:43 am

polymusik wrote:hello ppl! i was at the 1st round of interview today as well, but got booted out at round 1 T_T
anyway i was in the 1st grp of 8 guys and only 2 proceeded to round 2! our grp only got 2 relatively cute guys and they didnt get in! everyone has an average level of eloquence so im really unsure what the interviewers were looking for....
yeah. haha. they really make you wonder all the time. i guess luck plays a part too. but average eloquence + a friendly disposition can be quite a lethal combo i'd suppose. practice in the mirror! jia you ah. :)

polymusik

Post by polymusik » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 2:10 am

hafiz_ wrote:
polymusik wrote:hello ppl! i was at the 1st round of interview today as well, but got booted out at round 1 T_T
anyway i was in the 1st grp of 8 guys and only 2 proceeded to round 2! our grp only got 2 relatively cute guys and they didnt get in! everyone has an average level of eloquence so im really unsure what the interviewers were looking for....
yeah. haha. they really make you wonder all the time. i guess luck plays a part too. but average eloquence + a friendly disposition can be quite a lethal combo i'd suppose. practice in the mirror! jia you ah. :)
thanx for ur reply, and i shall work harder next time!
read that ur case is still pending, i wish u the best of luck~!

okieping
Regular
Regular

Post by okieping » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 7:16 am

pinklittlefigure wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote: I will be doing subcision and filler on my chicken pox indentation on my forehead and the procedure cost around SGD800. The filler only fix the scar for 6 - 12 mths as it is a temporary filler.
goodness... is yours very obvious? i dunno if i shud do anything to it.. cos mines not obvious..
Mine is not that obvious with makeup and under close surtinisation, you can only see it. If the interviewer makes a remark, I guess we should do something about it

girls don't worry too much about the chicken pox indentation...i have one also...just about 1 inch beside my nose...so it can be clearly seen..but i still pass the skin check...
btw i did consult doc about filler and other option but the result is not permenant...and very little can be correct also..
next time before you go for 1-1 interview, dont forget to check your makeup too....cos the interviewer dont just ask question... they also look at your appearance....cos she wrote about my chicken pox indentation...
overall, i would say u need to be calm during the interview...so that u dont stumble when you speak and that's important..

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 7:49 am

yingying2888 wrote:i need help!

at the skin check i toe the that i'm undergoing treatment for the slight scar or indention above my brows, and said that it will be good after 3 or 5 visits..

will she note it down, and check it again at the mgmt round? i'm worried cos it seems like it cant be removed.

and are there anymore reception or tea party or cocktail in this write in? i dun wan kena that one man..
Likely whatever you said in all your prev rounds will be noted down and handed to the interviewers for mgmt round. As to whether they will ask really up to them. If the lady pass you for skin check, should not be worried la. :)

Anyways no more reception or tea party this time round. Just mgmt and then medical that's all.
And so my journey begins... :)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 7:57 am

hafiz_ wrote:
shellen wrote:For those who went mgt round today, perhaps u all can share on the common qns that might be asked?

thanks in advance
and prayers for all gg to 27th Jan walk-in
we all got really general questions. stuff like...
- tell us more about your family
- what qualities you have in order to be a steward(ess)?
- do you do household chores?
- how many times have you tried applying for this position?
- do you think you know why you weren't successful previously?

very general questions. i dunno if anyone got situational-based questions. but i know someone had the interviewer saying "so, you were a hairstylist before?" (or something along that line). haha. :)
Yea much about these stuffs for questions asked, can see prev few posts, the questions are really general, and they will decide what to ask you from then on after you answered.

I was asked of what challenges do I foresee in the job and how to overcome it. Of course don't badmouth SIA, just say things like cultural differences may make passengers seem demanding, so as long as we're patient and listen to their needs, such misunderstandings or difficult situations can be handled. I even told them I didn't have experience in customer service, but said that I believe I will be able to do my job well if I were put through the formal training because I'm willing to learn. :P

So long as you can point out that you have the qualities to be cabin crew and that you can justify it, mgmt should go fine. Of course I was freaking nervous hahahaha but well, just pretend to look calm.
And so my journey begins... :)

rolly-polly

mgmt

Post by rolly-polly » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 8:26 am

Yup, im sure all of us if not most in the room yesterday.. were freaking out. i was tad too nervous and especially if u have to wait longer (im the last few to go) and i had all sorts of nonsense going thru my mind like wat if Im the only girl who wun make it and stuff...! but nonetheless, the interviewers were very very nice i must say. Jus keep talking and smile, it'll make u feel better.
Congrats to all who made it. Just one medical to go so dun worry!!

iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Post by iwannefly » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 8:51 am

hellokittylove wrote:Hi iwannefly,

have u found out how to pronounce carousel?

i've got that passage during 1-1 too and glad that i'm lucky enough to know how to pronounce it.. :)

anyway,
try to pronounce, "care-roe-sell"

hope it helps! cheers, all the best to everyone!
It's so nice of you ... i'm sure it will helps me ... Thanks hellokittylove ^^ i still trying to tink which word i mispronounce.. but still can't remember.. haiz

iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Re: Today's interview

Post by iwannefly » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 9:15 am

gladys_lopez wrote:
iwannefly wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote:Hey Iwannafly! Heard from Ying ying u didnt pass the 1-1.. Dun worry, we all try again!

Me very diappointed, didnt manage to get to 1-1. Really dun know what happen. Did i look fat in the kebaya?
hey gal..

i don tink u look fat in the kebaya.. i tink u look great!! izzit becuz u walk too fast??

ya lor.. i failed my 1-1 interview.... haiz... donno what went wrong... was it the passage? or was it the answeri give?? haiz...

i'm happy and surprise that i can passed both first round and kebaya... but when i fail 1-1 ... can't help but feel so disappointed... =/

Have to start all over again.. wonder how will i fare on the 27th.. =/

Anyway.. i will be going for the 27th =D Keep in touch k? you can contact me at 90267800 ^^

Jia you k? hopefully 27th is the day our dream can come true.. ^^

Hey girl,

I think u look great too. Didnt really talk to you much but gave me the impression that you've got a great personality! Ying ying too. She looks sweet.

Dun lose heart ok? So near yet so far..

We shall pin our hope on 27th, my friend from SIA told me that they are really in need of staff so we do stand a great chance. Jia you =)
Thanks gal.. it's really nice to meet ppl from this forum like you, charine and ying ying at the interview... ^^

You too k? don lose heart .. really hope that we can get thru it on the 27th...

Take care and i'll see u on the 27th walk-in... Jia you jia you... ^^

Eneres

Post by Eneres » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 10:07 am

It's good to hear that most people who went for the management interview yesterday managed to pass! Congratulations!!!!!

For those who didn't, strive harder and i believe your dream will come through. :)

What about those who attended the 1st round? Anyone passed? What is the passing rate this time round?
Yours Truly

ben02

Post by ben02 » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 10:38 am

Hey Sokaei and rainschocolate.. I got the call liao.. U guys??

exclusivepink

Post by exclusivepink » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 11:55 am

hey ben,
so fast u got the call? i'm still waiting for mine...
when is ur final interview?

iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Post by iwannefly » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 11:57 am

Eneres wrote:It's good to hear that most people who went for the management interview yesterday managed to pass! Congratulations!!!!!

For those who didn't, strive harder and i believe your dream will come through. :)

What about those who attended the 1st round? Anyone passed? What is the passing rate this time round?

Tha passing rate for the 1st round is low... my group only 2 passed round 1... i tink most of the group only 2 pass round 1.. but i do know that there's a group who got 4 passes for round 1 ... ^^

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 12:09 pm

ben02 wrote:Hey Sokaei and rainschocolate.. I got the call liao.. U guys??
yeah i got the call too. she said she'll send me the mail for more details but i have yet to receive it.

its scheduled on next tuesday 8th Jan. wad abt yours?

ben02

Post by ben02 » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 12:15 pm

rainschocolate wrote:
yeah i got the call too. she said she'll send me the mail for more details but i have yet to receive it.

same day.. mine's 3pm.

exclusivepink

Post by exclusivepink » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 12:16 pm

rainschocolate wrote:

Hi Rainchocolate, what's ur timeslot and is it the same as your grp-mates? Congrats to u :wink: