Singapore Expats

Weight Watchers

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
jonydebt

Post by jonydebt » Wed, 26 Sep 2007 4:29 pm

i think your detox product might not be enuff to lose 10kg in the shortest period...
xiao-gui wrote:i'm currently consuming a product from mlm *it's a detox product* and doin exercise ... bt i wanna lose 10kgs in the shortest period .. is thr anyway?

jonydebt

Post by jonydebt » Wed, 26 Sep 2007 4:31 pm

I've always wanted to start a nutrition club to educate people regarding weight watching and nutrition... just not enuff participants... Now i can see so many interested people.... care to join me?

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Post by chixchix » Thu, 27 Sep 2007 9:17 am

KSL,,where r u ?? i thought you were planning to come up with something :P
Always have a smile on that face!

xiao-gui

Post by xiao-gui » Fri, 28 Sep 2007 11:23 am

once the group started pls let me noe!!!
my email's [email protected]
it'll b fun to have a group of ppl working out together~!

FannyAdams

Post by FannyAdams » Mon, 01 Oct 2007 3:57 pm

I'm interested too but it looks like nobody is organising this!

cleo_gs

a work out

Post by cleo_gs » Mon, 01 Oct 2007 5:02 pm

Hi, I'm a pilates instructor so if your groups is keen on having a class, do let me know. I personally swear by it! it's great work out for your abs!
cgsc7

sas5

weight watchers

Post by sas5 » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 8:55 pm

I am interested too

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Post by chixchix » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:28 pm

what does Pilates do and whats so good about it ?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 9:38 am

chixchix wrote:what does Pilates do and whats so good about it ?
Pilates tends to just lighten your purse. It good for the instructor as it fattens his purse proportionately with those whose have been lightened. Oh, I forgot, you must also believe the spiel about how good your feel after having been lightened. (called brainwashing so you don't feel the pain of the emptying of your purse!) :P
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Post by chixchix » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 8:00 pm

ahhahaahaaa :D

drusilla
Regular
Regular

Post by drusilla » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 8:04 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
chixchix wrote:what does Pilates do and whats so good about it ?
Pilates tends to just lighten your purse. It good for the instructor as it fattens his purse proportionately with those whose have been lightened. Oh, I forgot, you must also believe the spiel about how good your feel after having been lightened. (called brainwashing so you don't feel the pain of the emptying of your purse!) :P
:lol:

FlyingMice
Regular
Regular

Post by FlyingMice » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 8:56 am

Im interested too. Please let me know when is the club going to start?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Thu, 03 Jan 2008 3:13 am

chixchix wrote:KSL,,where r u ?? i thought you were planning to come up with something :P
WOW are u all still here? I've been away unfortunately, and now its 2008 and I've gained weight again over the Christmas...

I'm surprised no one has started the weight watchers club here!

Am I a trainer? You could say that, I have considerable experience in weight loss, weight training and general fitness...been in the business for 40 years you could say, hate every minute of it, but if you are prone to putting on weight...one must burn all the energy one is eating, so that's me..a steam train, that just plods on!

So yes I consider myself well up to date on techniques, weight management is the best without a doubt...and that is why weight watchers is so damn successful!

Although for myself, I am just well disciplined in doing, what i do, until I succeed...But I love food, beer, and all the bad things in life too....so once a year I take time out for 3 months...and enjoy myself....to be honest my metabolism is so slow, i only need around 1,000 calories a day, to maintain my weight....and a medium fries at McDonalds is 600 calories without the burger!

So I basically have to train most of the year to keep the weight off...but I am big and I mean big at 5ft 7 inch, with 16.5 inch biceps and 9 inch wrist and when pumping Iron, my wife is jealous, that i have bigger boobs too, so I have to keep them well toned up, otherwise, she will throw her Bra at me...I have a 44.5 chest and 16 inch calf muscles...So my size is like XXL,,, I should really be 6ft 6 inches tall with my measurements, but lifting those heavy weights stunts the growth in height I guess! :lol:

But I do like to jog up mountains, which didn't help this time in Taiwan, because I was only there 14 days over Christmas...and it takes two weeks of training to get up to 3km on the Yang Ming Shan mountain which is 2500 ft. That includes a few whisky, beer chasers, to give the fuel one needs :wink: ...

I guess my vanity leaves much to be desired :oops: , I do admit..to the weakness of looking after my body has much as possible, and although I am an old, good looking goat...this body has given me some good milage in the past, and I need to maintain it for the future too....I'm humping 87kg with a fat % of around 18%...I was 82kg for 2 weeks ago...so those 3 or 4 good nights I had on the booze, and food...need to come off again.

I do work out at the gym actually, and have to manage my food intake, quite rigorously, because I am prone to put on weight, if I don't work hard.

There is no easy way I'm afraid, group training is good for those, that need support...I can give support and advice, that's about all, the rest is up too those wanting to lose weight....

One must also take into consideration genetics, and metabolic burning rates, to understand, what effort and time, is needed...Hope that helps...If there is a training group formed, I don't mind providing some pointers about knowledge of foods, training techniques, and most of all, the ability to win over ones own failing will power!

Exercise is a way of life and it's not something you can turn on and off at will, unless you are a dedicated vain person like myself, that has been conditioned to do it, over 40 years... My fat is only 1 to 2 inches on the side of my waist at the most and I still have a six pack, so mostly I need toning up with more fast low weight repetitions, to burn the fat I have! I can lose a 1kg a week no problem!

It's the management of maintenance, that's the problem, but I am aware of the facts...that only exercise and less calories, will lose weight...and much easier with vinegar and exercise.

Take my word for it that Apple Cider Vinegar doesn't work better, than other vinegars for weight loss, I have the results from a 40.000$ research report from a very well known canadian biochemist, that shows the results of different vinegars and there acid contents...and surprisingly, all vinegars are different in active biochemical functions, depending on the material used in the fermentation process, apple is pretty low on the list...and no significant weight loss can be seen, after drinking vinegars over several months.

The fact is, that vinegars open the pathways to the metabolic process, which needs kick starting with exercise, to see very significant weight loss...vinegar does cause satiety, when taken with food and does slow down the sugar spikes of the food conversion to glucose.

Although my trip to Taiwan over christmas, was very educating also, with a trip around the vinegar manufacturers, too my surprise, I have been interested in vinegar drinking for several years, only to discover, some very very expensive vinegars, it's a whole new world for me too, to discover that there are just as many vinegars as there are wines out there in Asia...some are very old and cost an arm and a leg!

The art of drinking vinegar is just as popular as drinking wine and is more than just a health drink..I am hooked on trying them all...Mulberry was delicious, although I am looking for one, with the most beneficial health benefits...which surprised me, to find out that they all have there own unique benefits...although age and breweing process is of great importance.. It turns out, there is no standard of control, so many manufacturers are actually cheating customers by misrepresentation.

Some just add vinegar with fruit juice, which is quite useless, because it doesn't have the same biochemical fermentation process, others are mixed with aged vinegars, and fermented fruits, which are the best, but very expensive... I have yet to see the research on expensive vinegars from Japan, of which I need to know the data, before paying extraordinary high prices for one.

But there is no doubt in my mind, that vinegars can aid weight loss, by improving the calorie burning process, by optimising the biochemistry of the metabolism..in other words, the body needs vinegar acids, for the body to function in a healthy and protective manner.

Not wishing to put anyone off, but one must be aware...that fitness is a life long policy, it needs to be maintained on a regular basis...to stop for any longer than 3 weeks, will mean starting from the beginning, which is always very hard if one doesn't have the will power, the other factors like endorphins are activated and you get the feel good factor, because you haven't had to pay for it :lol: Swimming is ideal, but you need to train for longer distance, at least 30 minutes without a break, each day, and cut down on rice, bread and other high gl foods.

bychaw

Post by bychaw » Sun, 06 Jan 2008 12:46 am

Just checking.. anyone has any good weight loss program to introduce?

Thanks!

nalong

Post by nalong » Sun, 06 Jan 2008 9:40 pm

I am currently eating a product call S-Factor,I think you should be able to find it in GNC ba.
It is actually a MRP and what my friend told me was that this thing is actually used in Marigold drink.

I tried this thing along with my work out programs and ya lost some weight lo(about 5kg in a month).
Quite please with it la so if you want I suggest you can try it too.

And if you is really serious in getting your weight down through planned timtables, I do have a nutritionist friend who can consult you on this issue