Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Venezia

Post by Venezia » Sun, 30 Dec 2007 1:51 am

fannie wrote:hmmm... I just got the phobia to read the passage now... grrr...

is it a diffcult and long passage? are there alot of difficult words? what if i do not know how to pronounce?
I've gotten the lassy or lassie passage. got some words like carousel and the rest can't really remember but try to make the passage lively, dun read in monotonous manner. I think its ok if u cant pronounce some words, 1 or 2, one of my fren dun even need to read passage :wink: , u must have mesmorised the interviewer rite u

fannie

Post by fannie » Sun, 30 Dec 2007 1:56 am

how i wish i can skip the passage if i have the chance to reach 1-1 stage..

But does your fren get into mgt even though she does not need to read the passage? i guess maybe her english is good enough, that's y the interviewer thinks there's no pt for her to read the passage anymore.. :)

shellen
Regular
Regular

Re: passage

Post by shellen » Sun, 30 Dec 2007 3:02 am

fannie wrote:Hi to all,

Can someone pls share with me if the passage that we have to read during 1-1 interview is difficult?
On my last try with SQ 1 year back, i failed on 1-1.. i was so nervous after the interviewer keep shooting me with difficult questions. I couldn't even speak properly and i read the passage very badly. i mispronounced and stumbled alot..

I'm trying again this time.. hope someone can guide me pls..

:)
i also fail at 1-1 on my laz 27th write-in. actuali...my passage reading got 3 like average. Its only my answering. I wasnt thinking about how my answer shld be. I guess we jz had to prepare ourselves better on the answering n hup i'll as lucky again.

gd luck to u too.

garychien
Regular
Regular

Post by garychien » Sun, 30 Dec 2007 5:14 am

Venezia wrote:
Moneyminded wrote:Hi all,

Just to share my experience, I just sign the contract with SIA. i am batch 943 and i will be commencing the 4 months training on the second day of the year 2008.

My contract is 5 years, meaning to say SIA will ave to employee me as their good employee for the next 5 years (provided that i've done nothing wrong). However, my bond is only for 18 months (which is not inclusive of the 4 months training).

So to say, i can leave without paying any liquidated damages to SIA after the 22 months including training period. If i were to breach the contract and leave SIA before that, i will need to pay the maximum of $13,200 to SIA but this amount will be pro-rated.

Hope this clears everything...
Anyone staring class on the 2nd Janurary?
Gary's also startin on 2 jan 2008, think u guys will be batch mates :wink:
hihi... yap.. i am startin on the 2nd of jan... great start to a good year... cheers and see you soon...

moneyminded... u got msn? maybe can chat there...? cheers...

[email protected]

And_drew

Post by And_drew » Sun, 30 Dec 2007 9:58 am

hafiz_ wrote:
xanngac wrote:Haha Hafiz you are still up at this hour! I lazy to log into my msn. :P Feeling nervous about thursday's interview!! I hope we all get in keke.
and i've nv seen you on msn before lah! haha. i hope we all get it too! and i just spent like 20 bucks today just sending two shirts to the laundry and another two pants for alteration. better be worth it!
Hey hafiz u wearing tie for thur? i juz spent 200 on a shirt and tie. Guess I m the first guy scheduled on thur?

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Sun, 30 Dec 2007 11:34 am

hmmm anybody knows when will they schedule me fr=or interview when my notice period i wrote after i pass the 1-1 is 2 months?

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sun, 30 Dec 2007 11:40 am

And_drew wrote:
hafiz_ wrote:
xanngac wrote:Haha Hafiz you are still up at this hour! I lazy to log into my msn. :P Feeling nervous about thursday's interview!! I hope we all get in keke.
and i've nv seen you on msn before lah! haha. i hope we all get it too! and i just spent like 20 bucks today just sending two shirts to the laundry and another two pants for alteration. better be worth it!
Hey hafiz u wearing tie for thur? i juz spent 200 on a shirt and tie. Guess I m the first guy scheduled on thur?
:o $200 for a shirt and Tie...that abit too much, branded?

isabelle85

Post by isabelle85 » Sun, 30 Dec 2007 1:19 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
isabelle85 wrote:hey..any one who have went for the final interview already asked about the duration of the SIA bond (not the contract to get the lump sum)? I read from another topic in this forum that its no longer 2 years but 5 years...oh gosh..i hope its not true
I guess they get confuse with the bond and contract. Bond = You have to finish serving it or else you will have to pay back the company the training fee. Contract = You can quit anytime after serving the bond by giving a 7 or 14 days notice to the company. The company will decide upon the completion
of the contract whether to offer you another 5 year contract base on your service record for the past 5 years. If they decided not to, then you are out of job :cry: Hope this clarify the difference between the two.

Hi abercrombie. Thanks for the explanation. You seem very experienced in this :wink: Fortunately, the bond stays at 2 years, meaning I can pursue my dreams with less hestitation. I cannot really predict what I am going to do 5 years from now, much less to say to make such a decision. Good news for everyone I believe. :D

Moneyminded

Post by Moneyminded » Sun, 30 Dec 2007 2:06 pm

garychien wrote:
Venezia wrote:
Moneyminded wrote:Hi all,

Just to share my experience, I just sign the contract with SIA. i am batch 943 and i will be commencing the 4 months training on the second day of the year 2008.

My contract is 5 years, meaning to say SIA will ave to employee me as their good employee for the next 5 years (provided that i've done nothing wrong). However, my bond is only for 18 months (which is not inclusive of the 4 months training).

So to say, i can leave without paying any liquidated damages to SIA after the 22 months including training period. If i were to breach the contract and leave SIA before that, i will need to pay the maximum of $13,200 to SIA but this amount will be pro-rated.

Hope this clears everything...
Anyone staring class on the 2nd Janurary?
Gary's also startin on 2 jan 2008, think u guys will be batch mates :wink:
hihi... yap.. i am startin on the 2nd of jan... great start to a good year... cheers and see you soon...

moneyminded... u got msn? maybe can chat there...? cheers...

[email protected]
Hey Gary,

I already got your MSN. Thanks for that anyway...
See you on Wednesday!

aletheatan

Re: today interview

Post by aletheatan » Sun, 30 Dec 2007 2:33 pm

xanngac wrote:
aliciagloria wrote:
aletheatan wrote:hey peeps....am back too...am in Group 5 today...and today's arrangement is indeed weird...my group there's 4 guys n 4 girls for Round 1.

Result - 3 guys got in, n 1 girl only.

The 1 girl is not me....sigh! It's okie lar....just abit sad.....

Then I dun know if they made it afterall....the guys are indeed just a few.....unlike the walk-ins..

Hmm....dun know if I should still try for the next walk-in in Jan...age might be an issue with them afterall....haiz....

coz my group...those who went in are all below 25.....

How about u -- XannGac, LittlePinkFigure, Rainchocolate.....??? How did it go....No New means Good News??? Hehe
hey Altheatan,

i am in Grp 5 too! im the 1st gal who talked...rem? which gal r u? 3rd or 4th? U think age matters now?? oh shit man..next yr im 25 already =
( really regretted not trying earlier...=( i get nervous eveytime i stand up...den cant talk properly. sighz. u trying for walk in on 27 Jan? i'll b giving another shot again! i dun care..i really want this job! May all our dreams come thru.
Hey Aletheatan,

Actually for my group, the 3 of us who got into the mgmt, we're all 25 or 26. So actually I think they still will consider those 25 if they really think we fit the job. Hope this helps to motivate you! Jiayou! :)
Thanks babe! Was looking out for u that day but i knew u were the 130 slot...damn should have sms u or something...then i wun be so lost.....

Anyway...glad u made it thru... U can do it next Thurs! believe in urself ;)

pink petals
Regular
Regular

Re: today interview

Post by pink petals » Sun, 30 Dec 2007 4:40 pm

aletheatan wrote:
xanngac wrote:
aliciagloria wrote: hey Altheatan,

i am in Grp 5 too! im the 1st gal who talked...rem? which gal r u? 3rd or 4th? U think age matters now?? oh shit man..next yr im 25 already =
( really regretted not trying earlier...=( i get nervous eveytime i stand up...den cant talk properly. sighz. u trying for walk in on 27 Jan? i'll b giving another shot again! i dun care..i really want this job! May all our dreams come thru.
Hey Aletheatan,

Actually for my group, the 3 of us who got into the mgmt, we're all 25 or 26. So actually I think they still will consider those 25 if they really think we fit the job. Hope this helps to motivate you! Jiayou! :)
Thanks babe! Was looking out for u that day but i knew u were the 130 slot...damn should have sms u or something...then i wun be so lost.....

Anyway...glad u made it thru... U can do it next Thurs! believe in urself ;)
hi aletheatan~

don't worry about ur age. since SIA shortlisted u for the interview, that's mean they are alright with your age. :)

try at the next walk in ya! ;)

Oceanic

Post by Oceanic » Sun, 30 Dec 2007 6:56 pm

hey peeps, no worries about age as long as your not too close to 30 =)

and even then, my friend made it when she was 27 =)

cheers and happy new year to all

aletheatan

Post by aletheatan » Sun, 30 Dec 2007 7:11 pm

thanks babes for your encouragement.....will go for the next walk-in in Jan...let's start the count down come NY 2008!

Its great to know so many peeps in this forum made it...n coming so close to bumping into u at the interview day itself....haha....reallie small world....

for those who haven, we will strive again..n make it together somehow n someday! ;)

Happy New Year to All!

All the best & sweet beginnings for the New Year!

Cheers!

fannie

Post by fannie » Sun, 30 Dec 2007 7:17 pm

Hey peeps,

It seems like most people who are attending the interview on 3rd jan are on their way to mgt round..

however for me, i am scheduled on 3rd for my first round...
didn't hear anyone going for their first round on 3rd??
anyone??

i was wondering if there is a possibility that everything will be conducted within a day?

aletheatan

3 Jan

Post by aletheatan » Sun, 30 Dec 2007 7:29 pm

yes...3rd Jan are for those gg for their mgmt interview....as they have already went thru the 1st 3 rounds on the 27th Dec....so their 1 final hurdle before they get appointed by SIA (of coz there's medical too)

As for yourself...it will be a 1st round of interview. If u get thru...you will move on to 2nd round (kebaya n skin check)...succeed again ---> 3rd round: 1 - 1 interview. Finally, if u manage to clear this well...you will go to Mgmt Round..which is the final round.

Sometimes, if u r in the early slot...you will clear everything in 1 day. But if u r in the late slot or if there are too many pple...they will re-schedule ur management on another day.

hope the above clarifies...you can also refer to post threads on the many rounds....their experience etc.

Good Luck!