Singapore Expats

Pain on top of the Foot

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
mambo925

Pain on top of the Foot

Post by mambo925 » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 11:55 pm

Hi all,
I have noticed that after doing some squats, the next day my thighs keep paining whole day. Walking becomes difficult and a little crooked. What could be the cause of this? Thanks!

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Asian_Geekette » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 9:31 am

I suggest you go and seek a doctor's opinion if the pain is consistently there after doing your squatting exercises. Better be safe than sorry.
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 4:21 pm

If you are talking about squats as in a gym workout, whether with a barbell on your shoulders or not, a bit of soreness and stiffness in your thighs and butt is perfectly normal - especially if you haven't done this exercise for a while.

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 8:44 pm

no pain, no gain :P

08weixiang12

Post by 08weixiang12 » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 9:58 pm

its ok..i hav gone through it b4 too^^..u can do 1 day n rest for 2 days..when your body get used to it.u can do everyday^^.

i was once a FAT boy too..hehe
i'm tired of working...b0ring. . .

drusilla
Regular
Regular

Post by drusilla » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 5:16 pm

i had the same problem... you will be fine after a day's rest... ok, make it 2 days.. :lol:

but don't stop for too long, otherwise the next time you start doing it again, you'll find yourself in the same predicament... :D

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 2:56 am

Depends much on the weight you are squatting with! You must never attempt a squat, without supervision or guidance, the last thing you want, is to slip a disc!

I have seen many people in the gym, that are squatting, without a belt, with far too much weight, and i can tell, you from experience, that when i disc goes pop, you will not feel any pain...until the next day, and depending on the injury, you may walk around, like the OP, or you maybe paralysed, and i am not joking, when the disc pops out, it can easy press, the nerves against the spine causing paralysis.

Although squatting you can also feel beneficial pain, which is muscular, you will feel a burning sensation when lifting, the lactic acid build up, in muscles, that have not been used for a while, will cause soreness...but in the muscle area's and will go away, when warmed up, and come again probably the next day, until the excess is used up....

Please take notice and keep safe while lifting, wear the body support belt, when lifting heavy weight, or if you are not used, to squatting with weights.
Last edited by ksl on Sun, 13 Jan 2008 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 2:58 am

double posting, i thought a double click, was not possible!

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 3:38 pm

durain wrote:no pain, no gain :P
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey mumbojumbo (sorry, I like giving people nicknames :oops: ),

Like Rambling KSL (sorry, I like giving people nicknames :oops: ) said, it is important to differentiate between the 2 types of pain as one needs medical attention while the other is superduper good for you and can be left alone.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Re: Pain on top of the Foot

Post by Wind In My Hair » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 9:58 pm

*gulp*... sorry I really really can't resist:
mambo925 wrote:I have noticed that after doing some squats, the next day my thighs keep paining whole day.
The paining should be bettering if you are resting after the squatting. But if the paining is not stopping you should be limping to the doctor for some advising and medicating. Good lucking! :-# (sorry sorry sorry)

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Global Citizen » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 10:12 pm

You're a naughty, naughty girl, WIMH but very [-X :lol: :lol: funny.
One man's meat is another's poison.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Pain on top of the Foot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 11:38 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:*gulp*... sorry I really really can't resist:
mambo925 wrote:I have noticed that after doing some squats, the next day my thighs keep paining whole day.
The paining should be bettering if you are resting after the squatting. But if the paining is not stopping you should be limping to the doctor for some advising and medicating. Good lucking! :-# (sorry sorry sorry)
And you scold me? :D

What have you been imbibing tonight? Yomeishu? :P
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Eze
Regular
Regular

Post by Eze » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 5:28 pm

If its not a sharp pain but a dull one, It can pretty much be ignored as that is normal reaction due to the muscle recovering from the stress of the exercise.

Sharp pain defined by www.m-w.com as causing intense mental or physical distress <a>

Dull pain is well, the opposite of sharp pain~~ lacking in force, intensity, or sharpness <a>