Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
aliciagloria
Regular
Regular

Re: small world...

Post by aliciagloria » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 1:14 pm

rainschocolate wrote:
aliciagloria wrote:
rainschocolate wrote: haha the LV bag girl so so chio la. she very pretty seriously. i think she got the highest. she got 4 4 4 4 4. hahaha got in alr. her management next week.
oic! i know who u r tooo...u r really lucky to pass ur skin check. I'm e gal who wore the pink shirt. =p. i'll b happy if i can get pass 1st round already, i duno y i ALWAYS fail at rnd 1, my furthest is kebaya rnd during Oct/Nov walk-in. sigh. My qn was "Tell me abt urself and who is the person u admire most" Alot of guys said their Mum..i also said the Same thing - MUM... i think im too0 nerous that i got stuck at my words in the end...tok too much "junk" too i tink. hehehe.
haha ya i think i'm lucky la coz i always manage to pass round 1 (this is my 2nd time)
and i'm very surprised they passed my skin. but all interviewers told me to take care of my skin though.
OH DIE LA. AM I KIV TOO??? will they call me for the management interview coz i put notice period as 2 months leh. =(
Dun worry babe! They WILL call u eventually! maybe not as soon as the rest but u've made it to the final rnd already. =) I saw my interviewer looking at my hands while im talking, i tink she can sense the nervousness in me. Everytime i tell myself to keep calm n not b afraid but still screw up in e end..sigh. I hope 2008 wil b a beter yr for me. =)

aliciagloria
Regular
Regular

Post by aliciagloria » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 1:23 pm

smileygal wrote:hi guys.. yeah, i didn't go for the interview for 27th dec and i'll be going for the interview at STC on the 3rd at 1.30pm. I was shortlisted for the 27th, but i couldn't make it, so they resheduled my interview to the 3rd...
i was thinking that maybe they wanna look at me first, before the final interview.
3rd Jan is ur 1st rnd? i dun think anyone can go direct to rnd 3 or final rnd if they neva go thru rnd 1 & 2 right?? Did they tell u its 1st round or final interview? hmmm...

Anyone noe if i can still apply for write-in again when i've failed on 27 Dec? will they chk? or they will juz shortlist as per normal?? Since they didnt update their website means write-in application is still OPEN?

really disappointed in myself when i think back, i tot i can mk it this time...seems like all those who made it to kebaya rnd all got to 1-to-1 round. Anyone got kick out at kebaya rnd on 27 dec??

smileygal

Post by smileygal » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 1:31 pm

well, actually they didn't indicate if it's first or final round, they only mentioned that it's rescheduled to 3rd jan...

Dear Applicant,

We refer to your application for the position of Cabin Crew.
Your interview has been rescheduled.

We would be pleased if you could present yourself for interviews at
1.30pm
on 3 Jan 08 (Thursday).
You should report at the CLC Lobby, Level 1, SIA Training Centre, 720
Upper
Changi Road East, Singapore 486852.

aliciagloria
Regular
Regular

Post by aliciagloria » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 1:36 pm

smileygal wrote:well, actually they didn't indicate if it's first or final round, they only mentioned that it's rescheduled to 3rd jan...

Dear Applicant,

1.30pm
on 3 Jan 08 (Thursday).
Upper
OIC!..its 1st round since its the standard email reply that we all rceived. Cant b go str8 to final round one...so ppl, there's another interview on 3rd Jan! I think they open the slot just for those who cant mk it on 27 Dec..maybe?

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 1:43 pm

smileygal wrote:well, actually they didn't indicate if it's first or final round, they only mentioned that it's rescheduled to 3rd jan...

Dear Applicant,

1.30pm
on 3 Jan 08 (Thursday).
Upper
totally no offence ya... but i think..

becoz i dun think its possible to go straight to the managment.
definately not.
they will STILL wanna see how u speak and present yourself, your skin, and how ur figure looks like in the kebaya.

if they put u straight to the management, it would be super unfair to the rest, coz people with bad skin or smthing can jus get it reschedule ma right? den dun need to check liao.

so i guess.. in case u have to start from round 1.. be prepared to go thru rounds of interview!!
jiayou jiayou!!

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 1:44 pm

isabelle85 wrote:
snowss wrote:
yingying2888 wrote: i wana jump too.. i wan get in... :(

Hah, I think we'll get to see each other soon lah next mth for the walk-in on 27 Jan...

pple going for 27 Jan walk in:
1. snowss*ME
2. yingying2888

pple going for 27 Jan walk in:
1. snowss*ME
2. yingying2888
3. isabelle <== I am going too!

yingying2888 : I am studying in NUS. Will only graduate in May..wonder if its too early for go for the recruitment in Jan. Its my 1st time trying thou
I'm in NUS graduating in May too! haha also wondering whether it's too early. cos i heard that they will ask you to come back for review even after you've passed everything. Also they won't contact you to confirm that you're recruited until near your availability date. SO we just wait and wait and wait?

stormlyn

Post by stormlyn » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 1:54 pm

Sokeai wrote:
stormlyn wrote::) Congrats to everybody who passed the interview and waiting for thur mgmt. For those who didn't make it, don't give up. Stay positive and try again on Jan, walk-in.
:wink:
I will be starting my training on 22nd Jan 2008. I hope to see more people from this forum to be my batch mate! Good luck to all.
Congrats Stormlyn! When did you have ur mgmt? How was it?
Thank you Sokeai, I had my mgmt on 12th Dec 07. I was interviewed by 1 male and 1 female. Both of them are very friendly, they make the interview fun and causal. Qns they ask is more to like 1-1 round.
Tell me more abt yourself.
What is ur occupation
What make you want to be a cabin crew.

All the best to ur coming mgmt. Cheers!!!

stormlyn

Post by stormlyn » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 2:20 pm

I Had tried 3 times when i was 18yrs old, always got booted out in 1st round. I gave up and pursuit other industry for 7yrs.

But on 1st Dec 07, i decided to give a shot again and i got it!! Pass through all the rounds. I am already 26 this year, coming 27. I don't think age really matter. Esp most of you are only 25yrs old.

I believe is more on personality and how you bring out yourself. So ladies/gentlemen, don't give up and let this matter pull ur morale down. If you fail this time, try again.
If this is your passion go for it.

smileygal

Post by smileygal » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 2:40 pm

yeah, i guess they'll wanna take a look at me first before the final. but at least i dun have to go through the first round with everyone in a group. and my complexion is good, so i'm not so worried about tat too.. i'm just afraid that i'll stutter when i'm nervous.....
so it seems like no one will be going at 1.30pm....

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 2:58 pm

hmmm maybe you're not the only one who is rescheduled to 3rd jan. dun worry i think there will be people with you for first round. dun be nervous!

gladys_lopez
Regular
Regular

3rd Jan Interview

Post by gladys_lopez » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 3:07 pm

I got the reply from them!! Yingying2888, you going?
My dreams will all be fulfilled one day..

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Re: 3rd Jan Interview

Post by snowss » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 4:02 pm

gladys_lopez wrote:I got the reply from them!! Yingying2888, you going?
Hah, I guess they are probably having another round for the write-in interview :)

gladys_lopez, when did u sent in urs?

okieping
Regular
Regular

Post by okieping » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 6:08 pm

let have a summary of the interview passing rate for yesterday.
Total paxs for round 1 : 8
For Group 1,
5 got through round 1
4 got through round 2
2 got through round 3

i'm in Group 2,
4 got through round 1
3 got through round 2
3 got through round 3

anyone care to do the update for the rest of the groups?

charine

Post by charine » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 6:19 pm

i sent in the application at abt 12 pm TODAY and got a reply from them at abt 3 PM TODAY.
interview on 3rd jan - sud be the first round.

i remember they mentioned that all successful applicants will be informed before 31st december. so don't give up yet. maybe want to try sending in again..?

hope this helps!

btw, anyone want to go together on 3rd jan, those going for first round of interview?

cheers..

okieping
Regular
Regular

Post by okieping » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 6:44 pm

let have a summary of the interview passing rate for yesterday.
Total paxs for round 1 : 8
For Group 1,
5 got through round 1
4 got through round 2
2 got through round 3

i'm in Group 2,
4 got through round 1
3 got through round 2
3 got through round 3

Group 8,
2 got through round 1
2 got through round 2
1 got through round 3

anyone care to do the update for the rest of the groups?