Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 7:50 pm

hmmm the kebaya skin check lady told me tat my skin was very bad.

and she told me "please take care of your skin"

hahahaha

den it was the 1-1

the lady told me tat my skin needs improving too.
thus, my score sheet was a 3 for physical apearance.

the rest of the 4 columns are: english proficiency
service orientation
maturity
personality/discomposition

somewhere there..

so my total score was 3 4 4 4 4
and below got this overall grade thing i got 4/5

yupps.

white.minicooper

Re: today interview

Post by white.minicooper » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 8:04 pm

aletheatan wrote:hey peeps....am back too...am in Group 5 today...and today's arrangement is indeed weird...my group there's 4 guys n 4 girls for Round 1.

Result - 3 guys got in, n 1 girl only.

The 1 girl is not me....sigh! It's okie lar....just abit sad.....

Then I dun know if they made it afterall....the guys are indeed just a few.....unlike the walk-ins..

Hmm....dun know if I should still try for the next walk-in in Jan...age might be an issue with them afterall....haiz....

coz my group...those who went in are all below 25.....

How about u -- XannGac, LittlePinkFigure, Rainchocolate.....??? How did it go....No New means Good News??? Hehe
Hi gal,

i saw your group! I think its kinda unfair for you girls. Only 2 gals managed to pass the first round for my group. By the way how old are you?

aletheatan

today interview

Post by aletheatan » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 8:08 pm

i think i saw u rainchocolate...u r wearing a white shirt rite...was I the one who ask u "whats the next step for you? 1 to 1?" then u reply "most prob...."...

u were saying they ask u to take of ur skin n when u r taking your diploma??

then u replied...'.in feb lor'....

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 8:09 pm

white.minicooper wrote:
aletheatan wrote:hey peeps....am back too...am in Group 5 today...and today's arrangement is indeed weird...my group there's 4 guys n 4 girls for Round 1.

Result - 3 guys got in, n 1 girl only.

The 1 girl is not me....sigh! It's okie lar....just abit sad.....

Then I dun know if they made it afterall....the guys are indeed just a few.....unlike the walk-ins..

Hmm....dun know if I should still try for the next walk-in in Jan...age might be an issue with them afterall....haiz....

coz my group...those who went in are all below 25.....

How about u -- XannGac, LittlePinkFigure, Rainchocolate.....??? How did it go....No New means Good News??? Hehe
Hi gal,

i saw your group! I think its kinda unfair for you girls. Only 2 gals managed to pass the first round for my group. By the way how old are you?

omg i was in group 4. i think isaw your grp.
the only girl who got in is the onw who wore a dress and not bringing any bag.
u confirm know who am i. hahahaha
coz u all sat with me and a few other girls when waiting for round 1 results.
i was the one keeeeep on talking one. lol
yaking abt the skin. lol

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 8:16 pm

aletheatan wrote:i think i saw u rainchocolate...u r wearing a white shirt rite...was I the one who ask u "whats the next step for you? 1 to 1?" then u reply "most prob...."...

yes yes yes. i'm the one who said IN FEB LOR. lol

and the one so shocked and unsure if they passed me for skin check. LOL

Inspiredsand

Congrats!

Post by Inspiredsand » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 8:21 pm

Great to see all the good news! Congrats to all who made it thru! =)

for those who didn't, dun be dishearten, take it as a learning opportunity to excel the next walk-in interview in Jan 08!

By the way a little info to share. i've heard from a fren who started training in Dec 07, keep some cash on hand as she paid $150 for US Visa and $250 for the makeup set.

Cheers.

Jia you everyone!! =)

aletheatan

small world...

Post by aletheatan » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 8:22 pm

hahaha..small world...to think that we spoke!! hehe =)

yah...but to be honest...i think u skin is quite okie...at least to me it looks fine....hehe...n ur make up is okie mah....not thick lar....very cheery person..

btw...did the ger next to u passed? the one carrying the LV bag...and have 2 trainees coming in to tok to her....

yah lor...my group only the girl without bag pass...she is quite pretty....n the tallest amongst us.....

good luck babe.... go go go!!! ;)

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Re: small world...

Post by rainschocolate » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 8:27 pm

aletheatan wrote:hahaha..small world...to think that we spoke!! hehe =)

yah...but to be honest...i think u skin is quite okie...at least to me it looks fine....hehe...n ur make up is okie mah....not thick lar....very cheery person..

btw...did the ger next to u passed? the one carrying the LV bag...and have 2 trainees coming in to tok to her....

yah lor...my group only the girl without bag pass...she is quite pretty....n the tallest amongst us.....

good luck babe.... go go go!!! ;)
haha the LV bag girl so so chio la. she very pretty seriously. i think she got the highest. she got 4 4 4 4 4. hahaha got in alr. her management next week.

Inspiredsand

Post by Inspiredsand » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 8:30 pm

Venezia wrote:
garlic wrote:
hellokittylove wrote: hi, no worries, so long its not more than 20deg, shld be no prob.
someone went for 2nd xray, and it turns out perfectly fine, might be ur standing position?

anyway , u have any scoliosis history?
i don't. it came as a shock to me too since i have no history at all. but my 2 friends who i went med check with also got that same call. really hope its nothing to worry about.
thanks!
Looks like they r earning big bucks from making referrals [-X
Hey hey no worries garlic! I got thru during the walk-in on 1 dec 07. 2 of us received the call and we have to head back for repeat xray with suspected scoliosis as well. we did and we got thru! we are both starting our training soon. so rest assured you'll be good.. the only misfortunate thing is we have to fork out $150 from our own pocket. =(

but its definitely worthwhile! hehz... =)

elyn3ve
Regular
Regular

Post by elyn3ve » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 8:39 pm

rainschocolate wrote:
aletheatan wrote:i think i saw u rainchocolate...u r wearing a white shirt rite...was I the one who ask u "whats the next step for you? 1 to 1?" then u reply "most prob...."...

hi rain chocolate,

how bad is your skin? cos i have bad skin too...

how thick is your make up this morning? did the beautician said anything about your make up?

Eve
Last edited by elyn3ve on Thu, 27 Dec 2007 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kaozzzzzz

Post by kaozzzzzz » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 8:40 pm

Inspiredsand wrote:
Hey hey no worries garlic! I got thru during the walk-in on 1 dec 07. 2 of us received the call and we have to head back for repeat xray with suspected scoliosis as well. we did and we got thru! we are both starting our training soon. so rest assured you'll be good.. the only misfortunate thing is we have to fork out $150 from our own pocket. =(

but its definitely worthwhile! hehz... =)
Hi Inspiredsand...
as of now, the US Visa application fees has been revised to abt $192 & $5 bank charge...
What happen is you got to pay 1st, and then submit the receipt for claim after u got ur US Visa...this is to make sure that u have no problem with the US Visa...

Don't worry, once u are in, the trainer will assign who will be doing the applications for the whole of ur batch (usually one of the guys)....

As for the makeup thingy, u are not obliged to buy, and if u wana buy, u just pay for what u ordered

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 8:51 pm

elyn3ve wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:

hi rain chocolate,

how bad is your skin? cos i have bad skin too...

how thick is your make up this morning? did the beautician said anything about your make up?

Eve

ok.i have mild mild acne on my face.
and little bumps and unevenness. my skin isn;t very clear coz of the bumps. main prob are those uneveness lor. but i got no scar on my face.

and my skin on my chest and back area isn't very good as well.
got mild acnes and bumps and some pigmentation.

they jus told me tat my skin isn;t good.
beautician told me to take good care of my skin.
1-1 interviewer say my skin needs improvement.

but i've got hitck make up today. literally thick.
my shirt got a very heavy stain of foundation from my back & chest.
LOL

And_drew

Post by And_drew » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 9:23 pm

hafiz_ wrote:thank the lord, i managed to clear all rounds today and i'm down for the final mgt round next thurs.

was so paiseh just now. the lady called out muhd hafizan just now and xanngac asked me if i'm hafiz. lol. then another tall girl came along and xanngac told me she was from the forum too. and while we were talking, another one joined in and said she was from the forum too! omg. then there so many more whom i believe i didnt see.

tall girl, what's your nick ah? sorry i didnt quite get it just now. and i second your idea of doing a dinner or smth!
Hey hafiz i believe u were the one in my group? So u got thru too...congrats!

ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Post by ben-yng » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 9:24 pm

gladys_lopez wrote:
ben-yng wrote:
pinklittlefigure wrote:YIPEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I got thru the first hurdle! I'm shortlisted and my interview will take place at STC on the 27 December at 3pm!! *phew*

Anyone same time slot as me?

First hurdle down, more to come!! GAMBATEI!!

For those who havent recieve the e-mail, I suggest you send your application form again during working hours :D

go get it..the door is open!! all the best..and for those who going for coming interview..all the best ya..Santa's bless still with you..
Hey Ben-yng, you going tomorrow?

i quit the war this time..wanna get myself reli well prepared for Jan no time give u a visit.. can u pm me ur working place? do u sell "crystal glass"..for wine?

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 9:25 pm

And_drew wrote:
hafiz_ wrote:thank the lord, i managed to clear all rounds today and i'm down for the final mgt round next thurs.

was so paiseh just now. the lady called out muhd hafizan just now and xanngac asked me if i'm hafiz. lol. then another tall girl came along and xanngac told me she was from the forum too. and while we were talking, another one joined in and said she was from the forum too! omg. then there so many more whom i believe i didnt see.

tall girl, what's your nick ah? sorry i didnt quite get it just now. and i second your idea of doing a dinner or smth!
Hey hafiz i believe u were the one in my group? So u got thru too...congrats!
haha. yeah! i told you about the forum so, welcome! haha. :)