Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jassylolly

Post by jassylolly » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:21 am

hafiz_ wrote:wah. no guys going?
hihi ^^ you going tmr?
shoot me;hang me;My fate is in your hands

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Give up a higher paying job?

Post by yingying2888 » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:21 am

gladys_lopez wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote:Was wondering if anybody is facing the same dilemma as me..
Would you give up your current job which is paying much higher than what SIA is giving? Sigh.. I'm really feeling distressed cause when i went to try the first time, didnt expect that i'll not make it and it made me want it even more.. Think it's more of an ego issue and now i'm really stuck though i really want to succeed in the end.. Anybody feeling the same? :(
gladys_lopez, i do feel the same as you.. really couldnt take it when i got in.. and i didnt expect that i'll not make it too.. but you'll learn after epxeriences rite?.. this SIA job is wat i want really.. and i'm gonna give it all out till i get it just like VeNie!
Hi Yingying2888, it's true, ultimately it's what makes u happy in the end. Don't think there's any other job that gives an experience like how SIA does. Coming to the forum really gives one motivation and focus, everybody's really kind and nice. So let's all Jia You together and give our best shot! :D
just follow your heart ya.. that was what i said at the 1st rd of interview on 1dec.. i truly tink u have to like your job not the money.. are you going to the interview tmr? if yes, i'm wishing you all the best of luck! :lol:

gladys_lopez
Regular
Regular

Post by gladys_lopez » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:23 am

yingying2888 wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote:
yingying2888 wrote: gladys_lopez, i do feel the same as you.. really couldnt take it when i got in.. and i didnt expect that i'll not make it too.. but you'll learn after epxeriences rite?.. this SIA job is wat i want really.. and i'm gonna give it all out till i get it just like VeNie!
Hi Yingying2888, it's true, ultimately it's what makes u happy in the end. Don't think there's any other job that gives an experience like how SIA does. Coming to the forum really gives one motivation and focus, everybody's really kind and nice. So let's all Jia You together and give our best shot! :D
just follow your heart ya.. that was what i said at the 1st rd of interview on 1dec.. i truly tink u have to like your job not the money.. are you going to the interview tmr? if yes, i'm wishing you all the best of luck! :lol:
Nope.. Me didnt get a reply. Dun know is it because sent too late.. YOu too right?
But sometimes if it's not about the money but one is too used to the lifestyle that one enjoys then it'll be quite a big change. I heard my friend that they are paying only $1200 during training right?
Last edited by gladys_lopez on Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
My dreams will all be fulfilled one day..

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:25 am

gladys_lopez wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote: Hi Yingying2888, it's true, ultimately it's what makes u happy in the end. Don't think there's any other job that gives an experience like how SIA does. Coming to the forum really gives one motivation and focus, everybody's really kind and nice. So let's all Jia You together and give our best shot! :D
Nope.. Me didnt get a reply. Dun know is it because sent too late.. YOu too right?
yup.. me too.. prolly bcos i attached some shitty pics which i tot looked pretty good without make up to them.. even though i've sent them numerous times.. how many times u sent them? better to send early during office hours leh..

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:32 am

gladys_lopez wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote: Hi Yingying2888, it's true, ultimately it's what makes u happy in the end. Don't think there's any other job that gives an experience like how SIA does. Coming to the forum really gives one motivation and focus, everybody's really kind and nice. So let's all Jia You together and give our best shot! :D
But sometimes if it's not about the money but one is too used to the lifestyle that one enjoys then it'll be quite a big change. I heard my friend that they are paying only $1200 during training right?
yup.. thats what i heard too.. at least you're paid for training.. some dont.. and lasts for a few months only.. are you earning alot higher now? i'm still studying so i dont know..

isabelle85

Post by isabelle85 » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:35 am

yingying2888 wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote:
yingying2888 wrote: just follow your heart ya.. that was what i said at the 1st rd of interview on 1dec.. i truly tink u have to like your job not the money.. are you going to the interview tmr? if yes, i'm wishing you all the best of luck! :lol:
yup.. me too.. prolly bcos i attached some shitty pics which i tot looked pretty good without make up to them.. even though i've sent them numerous times.. how many times u sent them? better to send early during office hours leh..
hey...nvm la...still got the walk in application in jan ma...gives you more time to prepare and more pple are going too~. look on the bright side, many people are with you...

yingying2888: I am oso studying now,when you graduating?

gladys_lopez
Regular
Regular

Post by gladys_lopez » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:39 am

yup.. thats what i heard too.. at least you're paid for training.. some dont.. and lasts for a few months only.. are you earning alot higher now? i'm still studying so i dont know..[/quote]

I'm earning around $3.2 - $3.5k as i'm in sales line. So will be one third cut :o I think around 3 months for the training.. U still studying? At?

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:39 am

isabelle85 wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote: Nope.. Me didnt get a reply. Dun know is it because sent too late.. YOu too right?
hey...nvm la...still got the walk in application in jan ma...gives you more time to prepare and more pple are going too~. look on the bright side, many people are with you...

yingying2888: I am oso studying now,when you graduating?
hi isabelle, i'm studying in SP, graduating in feb.. you?

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 1:04 am

gladys_lopez wrote:I'm earning around $3.2 - $3.5k as i'm in sales line. So will be one third cut :o I think around 3 months for the training.. U still studying? At?
If I am not wrong, SIA plus allowance shld be ard $3.5K....tats wat i heard*correct me if they are paying higher than tat :oops:

I believe it's the experience tats different frm the ground jobs...

But I think it all boils down to individual....u have to ask urself if U are willing to get out of ur comfort zone and get on the plane to eat humble pie and be willing to serve pple...I think this is quite an impt thing to think of..

gladys_lopez
Regular
Regular

Post by gladys_lopez » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 1:16 am

snowss wrote:
gladys_lopez wrote:I'm earning around $3.2 - $3.5k as i'm in sales line. So will be one third cut :o I think around 3 months for the training.. U still studying? At?
If I am not wrong, SIA plus allowance shld be ard $3.5K....tats wat i heard*correct me if they are paying higher than tat :oops:

I believe it's the experience tats different frm the ground jobs...

But I think it all boils down to individual....u have to ask urself if U are willing to get out of ur comfort zone and get on the plane to eat humble pie and be willing to serve pple...I think this is quite an impt thing to think of..
I agree with you. I used to work as a waitress in a wine bar and really loved to make my customer happy by remembering their names and what they like to drink. It's really personal touch thats lacking in servive these days.. Read recently that the owner of Starbucks coffee complimented Cathay Pacific of having the best service as they remember his name be it in economy or first class cabin. This is the dedication to customer service we should aim to work towards to.. Just some of my thoughts :D I really dun mind serving and i really look up towards airstewardesses now cause it's really not that easy to be accepted to be one! Will Gan Batte!! :D

jassylolly

Post by jassylolly » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 1:16 am

anyone sleeping?

elyn3ve
Regular
Regular

Post by elyn3ve » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 1:23 am

sqhopeful wrote:hey everyone... congrats to those who made it today and i'm sorry to the babes who didn't. :(

starrynitezz: really thought you'd make it cos you look really pretty in the forum pic (read it doesn't do justice so you must be a super babe irl!) by the way i failed round 1 3 times and failed at kebaya the last time...

just spent a bomb getting bobbi brown blemish concealer and ettusais pore cover, it was sold out at scotts!

hope lady luck will be shining on us tomorrow...
ettusais pore cover? is it good? is this ur first time using that product?

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 1:25 am

jassylolly wrote:anyone sleeping?
i'm supposed to be sleeping soon! interview in 12 hours time! sigh. stress. jassy, you're a guy too? not many guys here eh. lol.

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 1:31 am

Hee...We will be reading happy posts as regards to the interview in another 24hrs time...We will :)

jassylolly

Post by jassylolly » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 1:48 am

hafiz_ wrote:
jassylolly wrote:anyone sleeping?
i'm supposed to be sleeping soon! interview in 12 hours time! sigh. stress. jassy, you're a guy too? not many guys here eh. lol.
haha
If I am a guy and call myself lolly ... I'll be a gay already
nice to know ya anyway ^^